Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Brand New

Brand new owner of Anthem 44W. Never had any RV experience, but figured I’d jump in the deep end of the pool first.

Purchased from MHSRV in Texas and had a great experience. Several hour walk-through with an experienced tech, but left our heads swimming ....

A few questions hopefully owners here can answer...

1 - How do I get TV to scan for local OTA channels?

2 - The floor plan has opposing couches. On one side is a jackknife sofa, dining table and fridge with carpet on the floor. Does anyone have suggestions to keep the carpet clean or know of any place that sells custom cut carpet protectors for this strip of carpet?

3 - I understand the dumping of the tag axle for “tight” turns. But what constitutes a “tight” turn?

Thanks all.
Booberboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Congratulations on the new coach. Since this is your first coach, it's a shame you didn't have a previous one to see how much nicer Entegra makes their coaches.

On our TV, you go to "Settings" on the remote, then go to "Broadcast", Auto find. Make sure your antenna amplifier is on (on ours, above the stairwell, in the cabinet). You should see the little green light lit when on.

You may also have to make certain your TV Input is set to "TV" and not one of the HDMI inputs.

As far as the carpet, we use whatever we find to clean it. DW has a hand held steam cleaner for occasional use.

I dump whenever I am making turns and parking in camp grounds. Never during normal turns on the street.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booberboo View Post
Brand new owner of Anthem 44W. Never had any RV experience, but figured I’d jump in the deep end of the pool first.

Purchased from MHSRV in Texas and had a great experience. Several hour walk-through with an experienced tech, but left our heads swimming ....

A few questions hopefully owners here can answer...

1 - How do I get TV to scan for local OTA channels?

2 - The floor plan has opposing couches. On one side is a jackknife sofa, dining table and fridge with carpet on the floor. Does anyone have suggestions to keep the carpet clean or know of any place that sells custom cut carpet protectors for this strip of carpet?

3 - I understand the dumping of the tag axle for “tight” turns. But what constitutes a “tight” turn?

Thanks all.
Turn on the Winegard razor, on the tv remote use source button to bring up tv-hdmi options and select tv. Then go to settings, down to broadcast then to air scan. That should bring up any availability channels.
When you’re using the tv remote make sure you’re pointing it at the tv not the blue eye.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #4

We looked at a bunch. Came down to an American Coach American Dream and the Anthem. No comparison.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The answer to dumping your tag is never. The only real issue is, if you are on new concrete making a sharp turn, it will make a big mark. You will never scuff enough rubber to make a difference in tire wear!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
With the antenna amplifier, you have to hit the search button to locate local channels.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your 1st coach.

Regarding dumping the tag, not sure how important it may be, i was told by spartan, if I am goind less than 10 miles an hour and turning to dump the tag.
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #8

Congratulations!
Safe Travels ~ Best Wishes
Old 10-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #9

Congrats...

You bought the best brand first..

Entegra does it right with much attention to detail...

Leaps over all the others..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:41 PM   #10

I virtually NEVER dumped the tag axle on my 2015 Anthem and found no ill effects. The only place that i ever dumped the tag was if I was going to need to do a "full lock (steering wheel full over to one lock)" back up in some bad conditions or like over a curb or similar situation.

It definitely reduces side scrub of the tag axle tires, but when I sold my Anthem with about 35,000 miles on it after 3 years, the tag axle Michelin tires looked no different than either the drive tires or the steer axle tires. it supposedly makes the turning radius of a tag axle coach shorter ("sharper") than if you have the tag axle down, but the differences were negligible to me.

Now, the one clearly good reason to dump the tag is if you find yourself "semi-stuck" in mud or slippery wet conditions. If you take pressure off the tag, you are putting more traction and pressure on the drive axle which increases traction for those tires. I have never been in snow, but I have read that the situation is the same in snow conditions with slipping.

Anyone who is raising the tag every time they make a turn is abusing the tag dump switch in my opinion.... --

And congrats on the new coach..... you have a lot to learn, and a lot of "firsts" which is what this is all about. And welcome to iRV2. Always feel comfortable to ask questions on here.... there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable owners on this forum!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #11

Thanks to all responses. Love that everyone is helpful and no matter what your “first” is, it really isn’t because someone else has already had the same situation and can lend advice.

Tried all the help for the local OTA channels but still no dice.

Will be at Spartan/Entegra academy in 2 weeks in TX, so I can get the Entegra rep to go over it again.

Besides, with the places we are going, there really aren’t a lot of plans to be inside (unless it’s raining or snowing)?
Old 10-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #12

Congratulations! Your purchase story sounds like ours in April 2017. 2-1/2 years later we have learned so much and are still learning. This forum is a great resource. Enjoy the adventure!
Old 10-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #13

Next stupid question .... For know, “There are no......

Anyway....

Remember the tech mentioning there was an air compressor outlet/chuck for use filling bike tires, pool floaties, etc.

Can’t remember where the heck it was located, other than “somewhere in the basement”.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #14

On both my Anthem and now my 19 Cornerstone, that air chuck is lashed to the ceiling of the basement. Both times, my chuck was located lashed to the ceiling between the first and second passenger side basement compartment, It is an odd size.... I think they say it is a "universal size". My experience is that it is not the standard size that you might find on pneumatic air-drive tools or air chucks and gauges. As I remember, there is a matching male connection zip tied to it also.

I don't use it now and bought a portable air pump (Viair found on Amazon and carried by many of us). The Viair pumps up to 150 psi which is sufficient to partially inflate our steer axle tires (which are usually the highest pressure tires on our coaches). The air chuck you are looking for is enough to inflate the drive and tag axles generally and of course your toad tires or a kid's ball, but not generally enough to inflate steer tires without some tricks to get the pressure up...

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote