Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Am I correct in assuming the Aqua Hot should not heat the RV unless heat is requested.. Just like a hot water system in a house won't pump hot water through the pipes less the T-Stat calls for heat (It will, however, keep the boiler hot)

So you have lots of hot for shower (Turning on the burner means you recover faster.. Possibly faster than you consume). Even if all the air conditioners are on COOL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
You are correct. Even with our propane AH, we never run out of hot water. You can even heat the floor with the A/C on if you wish.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #17

You can NOT heat the floor in an Anthem with the ac on, one of my biggest points of contention with the very bad(JMHO) air management system.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
You are correct. Even with our propane AH, we never run out of hot water. You can even heat the floor with the A/C on if you wish.
How do you heat the floor AND run the A/C?

That does not look possible in the 2014 Aspires.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
On ours, the floor heat t-stat (analog) is independent of the A/C t-stat (digital). Hence, I believe that regardless of the settings on the A/C if I slide the floor heat lever far enough, the pump will push the hot fluid through the floor. I do have the old fashioned (noisy) A/C units however.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #20

Just wondering why you would want to heat the floor with the AC on.
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw1 View Post

Don't know, that's why I prefaced my remark with "if you wish"
Old 10-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw1 View Post
I wondered the same thing! Sort of like sleeping with blinders instead of turning off the lights. Maybe the floor gets so hot they need to cool it down with the A/C?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

I wondered the same thing! Sort of like sleeping with blinders instead of turning off the lights.

Many people in Alaska have to do that during the summer months.

Every time I go there to visit my kids and grandchildren, we have to improvise to make the coach dark enough to fall asleep.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #24

Well.......here goes. We like the room to be very cool at night and we like an air flow in the bedroom, even in cold weather. So.....the ideal for us is to run the AC on at least fan and run the floor heat in cold weather to keep it from being so cold on our bare feet with for those inevitable trips us geezers take to the bathroom during the night. We could do that with our 2011 Anthem but when they changed the AC supplier we lost the ability to do that as the AC in the heat mode does not have a fan only setting. Additionally that setting would allow us to stir the warmer air raising from the floor registers back throughout the room for more comfort in cold weather. It all just makes a lot of sense to me that it would be a no brainer to have that function retained but alas we lost that ability with the new system and Entegra and their suppliers have not yet found a way to get that function back into the air management system. We (and several others I have talked to) would really like to have that function restored. All JMHO.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #25

Gene, I have been talking to the electrical engineer at AirExcel. He told me he is trying to find a way for us to be able to run the fan while in heat pump mode, although it will only be on high. Don't hold your breath, but if he comes up with a way, I will let you know. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #26

Thanks Noel, that would be a GREAT correction to a really boneheaded change in the air management system. What is even more fantastic, Entegra has been constantly working with AirExcel for quite a while to correct this problem even though a lot of Entegra owners are first time MH buyers and have not complained about the problem. They just keep amazing me with their concern about putting out the best motorhome possible and and making and keeping their customers happy. Thanks Entegra, keep up the good work!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #27

I didn't realize there was no "fan only" option. We also like it cool year round and have to have air flow in bedroom and if the ceiling fan is mounted as close to the ceiling as all other rv's I doubt if you get any air from it. I also hope something can be done about that.
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Well.......here goes. We like the room to be very cool at night and we like an air flow in the bedroom, even in cold weather. So.....the ideal for us is to run the AC on at least fan and run the floor heat in cold weather to keep it from being so cold on our bare feet with for those inevitable trips us geezers take to the bathroom during the night. We could do that with our 2011 Anthem but when they changed the AC supplier we lost the ability to do that as the AC in the heat mode does not have a fan only setting. Additionally that setting would allow us to stir the warmer air raising from the floor registers back throughout the room for more comfort in cold weather. It all just makes a lot of sense to me that it would be a no brainer to have that function retained but alas we lost that ability with the new system and Entegra and their suppliers have not yet found a way to get that function back into the air management system. We (and several others I have talked to) would really like to have that function restored. All JMHO.
X2...We're with Gene. We like it ice cold for sleeping but want the floor warm(ish).