Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Vrv

Buying new Cornerstone Entegra

HI need some guidance buying a new or used Entragra cornerstone coach any one out there can give me some hints
Vrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to the Forum. I’ve moved your post here where you’ll get some good advice from Entegra Owners.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Call Angie at NIRVC 469-277-1200 for the best assistance and dealership for Entegras.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Read all the posts in this forum that are related to Cornerstone.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Brobox said it right.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #6

Research and knowledge that you gain from visiting this Forum will be invaluable in helping you make an informed decision. I planned, read and researched for ~ 3 years before pulling the trigger and then found that the learning really began!!!
You can't go wrong starting with NIRVC though, a top notch Dealer.
PM me if you would like, although w/ a 2017 my responses could be a bit aged compared to the newer Units.

Best of luck in your search
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #7

What are you trying to figure out.... your question is rather broad and non-specific!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #8

Fir starters, your decision on new vs used has at least one very distinct component, the Vegatouch system. Some that have it love it, others don’t. Analog v digital. I BBC do believe that you can get a great deal of info on comparisons from Angie at NIRVC. She has been selling them long enough to pretty much walk you through the changes year by year.
Good luck on your decision. IMO you can’t go wrong either way so figure out the floor plan you like best and go from there....
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #9

Take your time. look at floor plans, colors, etc.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:00 PM   #10

I'm with John, I also did 3 years of research before I purchased. Much of that time was spent here, reading and asking questions. Some of that 3 years was just trying to decide what the best brand would be for my price range and Entegra was a stretch goal. However it looks like you've made that decision and want the top of the line. Entegra does not have a lot of options to choose from, so that part is easy. Floorplan is everything. Interior colors were important to my wife. Other than that there aren't a lot of decisions other than price, and getting your Toad set up. So go look at them and fall in love... lol.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #11
Vrv

Hi thanks for these thoughts I am torn getting a cornerstone or buy a used prevost my real concern a used prevost what you spend on repairs I can get an updated newer entegra are they worth it and will I get slammed with devaluation on a 2 year old unit? Can you put a lot of miles on these just thoughts looking at options
Vrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrv View Post
Hi thanks for these thoughts I am torn getting a cornerstone or buy a used prevost my real concern a used prevost what you spend on repairs I can get an updated newer entegra are they worth it and will I get slammed with devaluation on a 2 year old unit? Can you put a lot of miles on these just thoughts looking at options
No matter what you buy, you'll lose value quickly. Maybe a little slower with say a 5 year old coach. Either way, these are not good investments they are lifestyles
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:42 AM   #13

Explore very carefully what it costs to repair many items on a Prevost. They are lovely, but they are not real RVs.... they are commercial bus conversions. A whole lot of the equipment on a bus conversion is custom made by the company that made it (Marathon, Millenium, Liberty etc) themselves and are not off the shelf Prevost systems and parts. Second, look carefully at who is experienced and qualified to repair those systems and where they are located. Finally, everything depreciates viciously the first year or two, and substantially even after that. Finally, look at the number of slides and how much room you will have available.

The K3 chassis on a Cornerstone is a great chassis. Good or bad, most parts on a Cornerstone are stock RV parts. Those can still be fixed well only by a handful of places, but more than you will find for the Prevost.

Both are good coaches I am sure. Never owned a Prevost, but always admired them. Considered a lot of factors when I bought and a big issue that kept me coming back to Entegra was that 2 year full warranty.... that means a lot to me.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
When we got our first Entegra, my boss was on his second Prevost (we had a Beaver when he had the first one). He ended up owning three of them over the years - a Liberty and two Marathons. Without exception, all three needed many, many more repairs than I would have expected. Seems like every time he took one out of his garage, it ended up in a shop. He spent nearly three million on the last one and our company spent a lot of money paying the salary of the guy who had to drive it 4 hours to the nearest repair facility and then return to pick it up. Now some of those repairs could have been self-inflicted since he was somewhat computer challenged and everything on those coaches is computerized, but the maintenance costs were unreal. And our lowly Aspire had a bath and half, he didn't; a fireplace, he didn't; and more floor space in part because of the lost space of the cockpit on a Prevost and our four slides vs. his two. When I win the lottery I'll probably look at a Cornerstone or a Newell. Prevost would not be on my short list. Pick what suits your lifestyle but Gary is right - check out all the factors involved.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, entegra