Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #1

Cab A/C not working

I am trying to troubleshoot why my cab a/c doesn't blow cold. The fan works fine but no cold air.
What psi should it be charged to?
Where is the fuse located?

Thanks, Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
taraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #2

First see if compressor is turning. If you are low on 134a there is a low pressure cut off switch to protect the compressor.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #3

How can I check if it is turning? It is belt driven and appears to be working.
Where is the LP cut off switch?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #4

Our dash a/c wasn't working also. The fan was running with only hot air blowing through all the vents. Cummins/Spartan service center found a fuse missing and a connector not plugged in. They spent alot of time working with Spartan and Evans Tempcom the control people trying to resolve it. I am pretty sure the connector was up in the dash somewhere. Ours is working great now. Not sure where the "missing" fuse was though.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taraf View Post
How can I check if it is turning? It is belt driven and appears to be working.
Where is the LP cut off switch?
If you can get eyes or mirror on the face of the A/C compressor pulley, the center only spins when the electric clutch is engaged. If the engine is running and the pulley center is not turning, the clutch is not energized. Since it's a '14, take it in for service. Adding R-134a without a set of manifold gauges to monitor low and high pressures is not a good idea. The system can be overcharged and cool as badly as when undercharged.

With engine warmed up, feel the two hoses going into the heater core. They should not be warm. Sometimes the heater valve fails to close and the heat cancels out the A/C.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #6

Our compressor clutch was not engaging and the exterior fan up under the front cowling in front of the passenger area was also not running. The coolant 134a was filled with the correct pressure and #'s. If you call EC customer service they will probably be able to tell you what was wrong with our 2014 - 44B. We had if fixed about a month ago.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #7

Make sure the ducts are hooked in my defrost ducts were hanging down I stuffed them in defrost worked fine then. gain access behind 8 screw radio panel.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
My 2 month old Anthem 44b had the same failure. On my way home (65 mi) from the dealer my DW remarked "is that dash blowing hit air?". We had just traded our 13 Aspire so we were familar with the breed and type.

In the end my local Spartan shop found ;
1. Inop condenser fan motor-replaced
2. Low Freon-recharged
3. A plugged dryer filter with system metal contaminants. Probably from the factory assembly.-replaced

Now blowing cold

The dealer said it was the third or fourth coach he'd heard of this spring with an inop dash air from Entegra
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #9

My a/c started blowing warm last month, turned out to be a freon leak. Hole in one of the hoses. Fixed it under warranty.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #10

It turned out to be a missing fuse, condenser fan.
Now I need to be sure of the amount of refrigerant, what should it be at? Can't tell if it is 2.5 or 25 lbs on the decal in generator bay. Can someone confirm?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan told me 2.5 lbs. When I had mine serviced they actually put in too much causing the high pressure limit switch to shutoff the system. After they figured that out and put in the correct ammount (2.5 lbs) it worked fine. So the moral of the story is ...not too little, not too much freon.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #12

Just got our 2013 back from Spartan due to no chassis AC. Reported to be a failed compressor that was not engaging...??? Fixed under warranty and blows cold air now! Now that water is dripping from the evaporator I pulled out the generator slide to make sure the evaporator hose was in place and not dripping water on generator. Hose was kinked and loose on the evaporator case nipple....so...it was working but probably would have plugged and/or fallen off so now it is rerouted and clamped.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:53 AM   #13

Mine is having the same problem, its not blowing cold air anymore, its cool to warm air. When I'm driving, its warm air, when I stop at a stoplight, cool air. I'll call CS to get things checked out. We have a trip planned next week that may be a little warm driving down the road.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote