Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
Member
 
JedTheFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 95
Cabinet disassembly or removal

Has anyone ever disassembled the upper vanity in the mid bath or the panels above the drivers seat?

I need access to pull wires through the ceiling and likely won’t be able to do it without taking some of the cabinetry apart.

I have remove the cover panel in the mid bath cabinet and the power panels above the drivers seat. I can see how the wires are fed through the ceiling but don’t have enough room to bend and feed a 8/3 cable through.

Gary
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Highland NY
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLiving.LIFE View Post
Has anyone ever disassembled the upper vanity in the mid bath or the panels above the drivers seat?

I need access to pull wires through the ceiling and likely won’t be able to do it without taking some of the cabinetry apart.

I have remove the cover panel in the mid bath cabinet and the power panels above the drivers seat. I can see how the wires are fed through the ceiling but don’t have enough room to bend and feed a 8/3 cable through.

Gary
It would help those who have knowledge and experience with this if you listed your coach, year and model.
__________________
Bruce, Lisa and the pups, Charlie, Opie and Rebel
2021 Cornerstone Y Azure
2018 Anthem, Victory Blue Sold, 2019 Ram Laramie 1500
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bevandtomH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,270
RV, here is a link that may help. I have not done this mod but the conversation may offer some insight.


https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aut...rt-199208.html
__________________
___________
Tom & Bev, Riley(3yo Lab)
2014 Entegra Aspire 44b
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 195
I used the below and removed lights in the ceiling along the way and went to the passenger A-pillar to fish a bundle of wires for a 7 in 1 antennae assembly mount 15 ft back roughly center coach to the Pepwave in the PS front cabinet. I only had to remove the access panel on the PS over door cabinet and the access panel on the right side of the PS front cabinet. My bundle of wires was probably a bit more flexible then an 8/3 romex but was about 3 times the diameter and by removing the lights and reaching up with my arm into the hole it went very smoothly. Only needed 2 sections of the fish tape until I got to the last light hole PS main ceiling going into the PS over door cabinet then onto the access on the right side of the PS A-pillar.





https://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Ru...75615011&psc=1
__________________
Jeff and Kathy (Molly, Bella and Butterscotch fur kids)
2020 Entegra Reatta XL 40Q2
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk RViBrake3 +TPMS
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:03 AM   #5
Member
 
JedTheFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
It would help those who have knowledge and experience with this if you listed your coach, year and model.
Thanks for pointing that out. For some odd reason my signature did not come through

Gary & Carol from Canada
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
__________________
Gary & Carol from Canada
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:26 AM   #6
Member
 
JedTheFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
RV, here is a link that may help. I have not done this mod but the conversation may offer some insight.


https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aut...rt-199208.html
Thank you for that, lots of reading there

Gary
__________________
Gary & Carol from Canada
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #7
Member
 
JedTheFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
I used the below and removed lights in the ceiling along the way and went to the passenger A-pillar to fish a bundle of wires for a 7 in 1 antennae assembly mount 15 ft back roughly center coach to the Pepwave in the PS front cabinet. I only had to remove the access panel on the PS over door cabinet and the access panel on the right side of the PS front cabinet. My bundle of wires was probably a bit more flexible then an 8/3 romex but was about 3 times the diameter and by removing the lights and reaching up with my arm into the hole it went very smoothly. Only needed 2 sections of the fish tape until I got to the last light hole PS main ceiling going into the PS over door cabinet then onto the access on the right side of the PS A-pillar.





https://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Ru...75615011&psc=1
Thank you for the info. I ordered the push pull fish today. Currently I only have a klien wire fish for pulling.

The real issue is when I get to the bathroom and remove the access pannel in the upper vanity, I can see the wires coming from the front power panel , but the access is very narrow and can't imagine making that bend in the wire and then fishing it down to the basement. I have to take something apart or come up with a different route from the power panel to the basement.

Gary
__________________
Gary & Carol from Canada
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,059
Gary, I successfully fished a bundle of a dozen 16 gauge wires from the upper 1/2 bath cabinet to the wetbay.

There is access under the sink. I found enough removeable panels that I could push the wires down through the wall into the base cabinet, and then "with" an existing bundle and bunch of foam into the aquahot compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181016_155202916.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	338362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181016_175138000.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	338363  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181016_175121127.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	338364  
__________________
Jim and Carol, plus furrballs Riley, Nikko, and Kobi

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:26 AM   #9
Member
 
JedTheFed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Gary, I successfully fished a bundle of a dozen 16 gauge wires from the upper 1/2 bath cabinet to the wetbay.

There is access under the sink. I found enough removeable panels that I could push the wires down through the wall into the base cabinet, and then "with" an existing bundle and bunch of foam into the aquahot compartment.
Great pictures, Thank you!

Just wondering in the third picture, did you cut the circular hole in the outside wall you pulled the wire fish through?

Gary
__________________
Gary & Carol from Canada
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
removal



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oasis Elite door awning disassembly instructions Furniss Class A Motorhome Discussions 4 10-22-2013 08:28 PM
Villa power captain chair disassembly 927palmetto Newmar Owner's Forum 3 09-12-2012 05:43 AM
Rear & Front Hub Disassembly & Assembly Alpine Dave Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 1 12-11-2010 06:08 PM
Washer dryer disassembly mcalvo12 RV Systems & Appliances 3 12-17-2009 12:15 AM
DC Switch (Disassembly) Blue Ribbon MH-General Discussions & Problems 7 01-02-2009 06:01 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.