Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #1

Cable TV

Hoping for a little help with Cable Tv. Pulled into campsite and cannot get Satellite to lock in,they do have cable so hooked that into jack by the hose reel but don’t know how to get it on TV? 2019 Aspire
Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

If you have a crank up antenna that uses a power booster, turn it off....then in tv menu, change setting from air to cable, scan for channels.....if not, hang on....someone will chime in...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #3

Many of the cable companies now require one of their boxes to decode the digital signal. Does this one need a box?
Old 03-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Your 19 might be different than my 15 ... but , go to your TV and on the main TV remote, push source and then highlight TV and not satellite. Then go to menu, Broadcasting and pick antenna then cable. And then do an auto program to get the channels on your cable.

I sometimes also have to do something with my box of many buttons, but you don't have one of those I think. Let us know if it works. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The 19 TV's are a little different. The selection between antenna and cable is buried, I believe it is under program on the left side of the screen in menu. select that then move over to cable on the right, then scan cable only. Make sure the front TV antenna is turned off, that is the signal booster all in one that needs to be off to scan cable channels.
I had to play around with it to find cable and channel scan, much different that the Classic TV's were. Also the Matrix has to be on TV, that thing drives me nuts. Too many buttons to push just to watch a simple TV program. It's a good thing Beachbum told me to be patient and allow 30 seconds for switching...mine probably would have been in the trash.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The 19 TV's are a little different. The selection between antenna and cable is buried, I believe it is under program on the left side of the screen in menu. select that then move over to cable on the right, then scan cable only. Make sure the front TV antenna is turned off, that is the signal booster all in one that needs to be off to scan cable channels.
I had to play around with it to find cable and channel scan, much different that the Classic TV's were. Also the Matrix has to be on TV, that thing drives me nuts. Too many buttons to push just to watch a simple TV program. It's a good thing Beachbum told me to be patient and allow 30 seconds for switching...mine probably would have been in the trash.
Chuck, do you know why they went to the “matrix”? The 2017 doesn’t have it and seems to work fine. I just wondered what the advantages were, if any.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
J.H I still need to get more familiar with it. I know whenever I go to do something it's on the wrong setting on the Matrix. Just wanted to point that out as it's a problem for me getting use to.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The 19 TV's are a little different.
Thanks ... I figured they might be. I don't answer questions anymore because "classics" are now indeed, classics!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Thanks ... I figured they might be. I don't answer questions anymore because "classics" are now indeed, classics!
Classic information is valuable, lots of new Classic owners that are lurkers. Many of those owners did not get the bag of books with the coach.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #10

Thank you everyone Brobox your step by step was spot on.
Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, glad I remembered something about the new coach that I could pass along.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
lol...we have the BOMB in our coaches, and old TV's.
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
lol...we have the BOMB in our coaches, and old TV's.
Trust me, it is more dependable than the Matrix

One of the best things they did on the 20's is move it inside like the BOMB. At least you can see what setting you're on.
The current Matrix is like having the BOMB in the basement. If you change functions on the main TV, the forward TV changes as well. Get ready to leave and you are no longer on the Nav screen, a trip to the basement to see what your on, then toggle to the correct setting. With the BOMB, push a button.....done.

Tags
cable