Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2021, 12:25 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Call me reckless, but I upgraded to 1.4.8

Well I saw a VegaTouch software update and I applied it. We’ll see how it goes. ��
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Did it say what the update was for? I'm not going anywhere so I will load it to see what the corrections are for.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:52 PM   #3

According to the email I received from FireFly it covers this: Version 1.4.8 should be released any day. This will have some bug fix to address the issue with no networks on the network list.

Still did not correct the issue for me.

Jim
JLHoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
oh you brave souls!!!!! I try to wait at least a week or 2 before any fire fly updates. But thank you for being this versions beta testers. Please let us know how it goes!
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHoughton View Post
According to the email I received from FireFly it covers this: Version 1.4.8 should be released any day. This will have some bug fix to address the issue with no networks on the network list.

Still did not correct the issue for me.

Jim
That’s my issue as well. I was working with FireFly last week and they were supposed to call and connect with my VT and clear the cache. They called before my scheduled appointment and cancelled stating they tried that fix internally and it didn’t work. They were supposed to get back to me but never did. Do I understand that ver.1.4.8. is supposed to address the failure of the network screen to populate but did not in your case.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:27 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The network screen has never populated on my 19 or the 21 with out a long wait and then hitting refresh. Average wait 1 minute, longest wait 5 minutes. Would be nice if that was finally fixed. Most people, I am sure, are not aware of what it takes to get it to populate.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:51 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The network screen has never populated on my 19 or the 21 with out a long wait and then hitting refresh. Average wait 1 minute, longest wait 5 minutes. Would be nice if that was finally fixed. Most people, I am sure, are not aware of what it takes to get it to populate.
Yes I learned to be more patient for the network list to display. :-)

It's day 3 for the 1.4.8 update and I see no difference good or bad.
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:02 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyAnn View Post
Yes I learned to be more patient for the network list to display. :-)

It's day 3 for the 1.4.8 update and I see no difference good or bad.
Still the long delay for the wifi screen to populate? It's only been 3 years, why rush into a fix.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #9

I swear to God that the software developers got 98% of the system working right in the 6 months before they installed the first version in any retail coach 6 or 7 years ago, and now have spent the last 6 years screwing up a slightly larger percentage of the whole package every couple of months....

Its been a long time since I've programmed in an improvement in my laboratory control software or data collection software, but simple improvements usually took very little re-programming and almost always solved the problem without introducing new problems. Maybe it was the programming language..

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #10

Well, if the ver.1.4.8. update is to solve the WiFi screen populate issue it doesn’t work. I installed the update yesterday, rebooted the volt 12 system, waited more than 5 minutes, refreshed several times waiting more than 5 minutes between refreshing the screen and nothing. The good news is that the update hasn’t affected any other VT functions, yet. Back to calling Firefly.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:32 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Well, if the ver.1.4.8. update is to solve the WiFi screen populate issue it doesn’t work. I installed the update yesterday, rebooted the volt 12 system, waited more than 5 minutes, refreshed several times waiting more than 5 minutes between refreshing the screen and nothing. The good news is that the update hasn’t affected any other VT functions, yet. Back to calling Firefly.
Thanks, for that update. I think I'll let this one slide, I can still get the wifi networks to populate, sooner or later. I am still working of the tank sensor that 1.4.7 was suppose to fix.....not. I received new tank sensors from Entegra since the Vega Touch update didn't correct the problem.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
The issue, as I see it, is that the updates only deal with the current models. They make changes for the new models, Hope it doesn’t effect previous models and go to production! Then any flaws that surface, they go in and fix without regard to previous years, not because they don’t care but because it’s not part of the scope. If there is an issue with previous versions that enough people comment about, they will include those fixes in the next revision. I have never seen an update that came out purely as an upgrade to an existing system. That is always reserved for the next years list of amazing new features! Unfortunately, it’s the nature of the beast! There’s no money in already built systems! I am always reluctant to update my system because I know none of it is for me but as Chuck has said, you can’t get too far behind.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #13

Spoje to FF today in relation to that and an additional issue. When I have no cell signal, I have no VT. It will not take commands meaning when I touch the screen to turn a light on, or open a slide, it does not work. Michelle suggested clearing the cache when I have a signal. She further suggested the 1.4.8 update. Sounds like both are useless
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:37 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, One thing I have seen between the 19 and 21, is the 21 has more updates as there are more new system tied the the VT that they really didn't program before releasing. One is the new Winegard wifi router system. Nobody from Entegra even knew how to load it but sent 42 coaches out with no clue how to connect it to the VT. The delay of showing on the screen has been since Aug 20.
The Firefly tank monitors and VT still don't talk to each other and they are both their systems. That has also been over a year and 1.4.7 didn't help mine. I am sure there are a few more 21 and now 22's that I have forgotten. The VT in the 19's were much more stable. JME

Tags
upgrade