Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2022, 10:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmrun View Post
This is random, but was this in FairPlay, CO? The description of the campground with a hill to the NAPA at the top and then a brewery, small hardware store? and grocery store in the main parking lot sounds way too familiar. haha
Yes, that’s where we were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Where were you skiing?????
Breckinridge and keystone, spent a few days at heavenly and Kirkwood a few days prior
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2022, 01:36 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
If your repairs are at 10k+, personally you're crazy not to use insurance for that type of claim. That's exactly what it's there for.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
If your repairs are at 10k+, personally you're crazy not to use insurance for that type of claim. That's exactly what it's there for.
Depends on your insurance company and your rates - I made a $4000 comprehensive claim on my car insurance once (someone broke in and damaged the entire side of the nearly new car), the next policy term, they more than doubled my rate. I shopped around and found another company with more reasonable rates, but still not as low as what I was paying before that.

If this is something that the insurance company would call an at-fault accident, I can understand the hesitation about making a claim.

Though I don't know of a good way to find out beforehand if a claim will result in a rate increase.
rlw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:26 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If I'm the campground owner and someone damages my road (with the list of possible negligence reasons made by others in the thread) ... possibly holds up others from entering/leaving AND then makes me engage a lawyer for a suit, I'd be inclined to bring a suit vs the driver for my expenses and road repairs.
Maybe better to let a sleeping dog sleep.
VDPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw999 View Post
I made a $4000 comprehensive claim on my car insurance once (someone broke in and damaged the entire side of the nearly new car), the next policy term, they more than doubled my rate.
Doubling your premium seems pretty high, especially for a comprehensive claim, which doesn't always lead to a premium increase. Was all of the increase in your total premium attributable solely to the comprehensive portion of your premium?

Then again, I once had the comprehensive portion of my premium double even though I had no claims, and was told that it was due to the insurance company making up for previous comprehensive losses, so all current policyholders were seeing the increase. And yet after I filed a comprehensive claim for my windshield, I didn't see any increase.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Doubling your premium seems pretty high, especially for a comprehensive claim, which doesn't always lead to a premium increase. Was all of the increase in your total premium attributable solely to the comprehensive portion of your premium?

Then again, I once had the comprehensive portion of my premium double even though I had no claims, and was told that it was due to the insurance company making up for previous comprehensive losses, so all current policyholders were seeing the increase. And yet after I filed a comprehensive claim for my windshield, I didn't see any increase.

My agent had no explanation for the increase, he wouldn't confirm or deny that it was due to the claim, but my policy rates were stable for the 2 years prior, I had no other changes (no tickets, no change of address, no other claims, etc).
rlw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:12 PM   #35

Many business's and even hospitals have paid out liability claims due to slip and falls. So those that said it was the OP fault for driving out, guess again.. It is the campground that is charging you to use the facility responsibility to keep drives, walks etc. safe and clear.
Bob
Old 03-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #36

Is the hill part of the campground, or owned by the campground? If it is in the campgrounds “jurisdictional” area then the campground is liable to keep public access areas clear of snow and ice. (Like roadways/driveways, sidewalks and entrance/exit points)

Campgrounds liability insurance would be the one covering/investigating your claim.

Here’s a small piece of information pertaining to a situation like that.

https://www.codot.gov/travel/snow-removal

Excerpt from the site;

Pay special attention to keep crosswalks, intersections, entrances, and exits clean and unobstructed. The civil liability can extend to both the property owner and the person who placed the snow in the roadway or right of way (ROW).

Your Responsibility
Residents are responsible for clearing driveways and sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowstorm to allow safe use by pedestrians. This is particularly important along school pedestrian routes to prevent children from having to walk in the street.
Backcountry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:37 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
What's wrong with this??? In almost every major city as one drives through who owns the largest buildings? The Insurance companies. They sure must be making the $$$.

You buy insurance to protect your possession then when something happens the company can and often does raise the rates to compensate for their losses. It seems we are all the losers in this game. They will never allow themselves to not make the $$$$$ they do. Such a great institution which allows them to adjust the rules if they might lose a buck.

They are no better than the other blood suckers who take, take and then take more just because they can. I never understood how the banks can take all your mortgage interest up front when you don't have two nickels left at the end of the month. As you pay down your mortgage you find out you can pay more but you never had more to pay down the mortgage. I've always believed it was legalized loan sharking and have never changed that belief.

When in the military if one ran out of $$$ you could borrow but it was usually pay $20 for the $10 I loaned you. We were told that was wrong but it went on anyway.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC25T View Post
Breckinridge and keystone, spent a few days at heavenly and Kirkwood a few days prior
In my younger days I have skied Breckinridge and Keystone and a few others out west with a bunch of us from work. But we fly out there and stay in a condo. Those were the days.

Sorry to hear about you rearranging the coach body. But once she is fixed up you will be back to camping/skiing!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 03:23 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry1 View Post

Pay special attention to keep crosswalks, intersections, entrances, and exits clean and unobstructed. The civil liability can extend to both the property owner and the person who placed the snow in the roadway or right of way (ROW).

Your Responsibility
Residents are responsible for clearing driveways and sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowstorm to allow safe use by pedestrians. This is particularly important along school pedestrian routes to prevent children from having to walk in the street.
That would be God, good luck with that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 11:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw999 View Post
My agent had no explanation for the increase, he wouldn't confirm or deny that it was due to the claim, but my policy rates were stable for the 2 years prior, I had no other changes (no tickets, no change of address, no other claims, etc).
Did you look at the individual components of the premium, to see which one(s) caused the increase? Like, did your liability or collision premium go up, too?
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #41

Having spent most of my adult life shoveling snow the discussion about keeping your public walkway clean/clear often would come up. Especially when neighbors talk about the “one” who can’t get off their considerable backside and get it done.
Well, IIRC, state courts ruled that doing nothing might not be against the law. 1) if you rely on a third party, they may not be able to get to the said property in the prescribed time. 2) local conditions may prevent timely clean up(ice) until conditions allow.
3) reasonable attempt to clear public walkways.
All pretty subjective so proceed with caution.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:59 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
To add to cleaning the sidewalk: I heard in central Ohio where shoveling was actual cause to be liable. A ice storm hit, followed by a little snow. The property owner shoveled the snow exposing the ice. Someone fell and hurt themselves. The courts ruled the property owner made a dangerous situation much more dangerous.

I have lived in the north for all my life. Driven in the snow and ice for well over 50 years. I never heard of private property being liable for not rushing and shoveling. If you drive or walk on it, do it at you own risk.

I might drive my auto on snow and icy hilly roads. But my MH or travel trailer I would wait for it to melt or clear.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground