RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #15

Dee and I gave up on most state parks a long time ago when traveling in a 45' Class A.... Many/most of the state parks are just not designed for these sized rigs. I got tired of dodging uncut/untrimmed tree limbs that were too low, turns that we too tight without disconnecting, and back in spots that were just not long enough.

Think I am going to start a new thread with State Parks as a theme. Maybe that will help us all figure out where to try and where to avoid.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Dee and I gave up on most state parks a long time ago when traveling in a 45' Class A.... Many/most of the state parks are just not designed for these sized rigs. I got tired of dodging uncut/untrimmed tree limbs that were too low, turns that we too tight without disconnecting, and back in spots that were just not long enough.

Think I am going to start a new thread with State Parks as a theme. Maybe that will help us all figure out where to try and where to avoid.

Gary
Maybe include Corps of Engineer sites in the mix?
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:17 AM   #17

State Parks

Hi Gary, that sounds like a good idea maybe include good parks so going down the road a person can look at a state & then a sub subject on towns, city’s for a good park. I know they have books on that but they have probably been written by the people so it might be bias. If one of us people wrote it would be accurate.
We stayed in a Corp of Engineers park at Canyon Lake tx for a week. All thou we had to move once but it was wide, nice & had a dump station. Just had water & elec at the spots. Had a good view of the lake. We parked the wrong way so we could see the lake. Had to run the wire/hose under the coach to reach the pedestal. The plus if you are a senior the cost is only $15.
Have a good one & safe travels bruce
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:31 AM   #18

I realize this post is a few months old but just this morning I ran across a video of Eastbank Campground which was mentioned during the discussion above. We are headed there today for the Independence Day weekend.

https://youtu.be/4A92UYs1YSQ
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground