Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

Camping around North Phoenix

One of the presents that Santa brought were tickets for my son and I to see a Texas Rangers spring training game in Surprise, AZ this spring. As long as we're there will will probably pick up a few more games. Most every decent campground I could find is for age 55 and over. I meet that requirement, but not my 16 year-old son. Suggestions?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #2

Did you ask them, usually they only require one of the family meet the 55 requirement.

2016 Entegra Topaz Cornerstone
Formerly 2011, 2013 Anthems & 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #3

Try Woodalls.com. It lists most RV Parks. You may have a problem as this is snowbird and pre-season time. May want to consider a Motel/Hotel.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Did you ask them, usually they only require one of the family meet the 55 requirement.
Thanks for the lightning-fast response.

No, I haven't asked. Didn't know how hard & fast that policy is. Seems universal. It may be relaxed a bit at the end of their season.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bob.... The wife and I go to Spring Training every year. We have reason to stay in the Surprise / Peoria area because my nephew plays for the Padres. We always stay at Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort in El Mirage, AZ. It is about 15 minutes from Surprise Stadium. Check it out. Make reservations well ahead because it is a real popular place. Let me know when you arrive, maybe we can hook up there.

Pueblo El Mirage RV Sites | Types of RV Sites Arizona | AZ RV Lots
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:46 AM   #6

Purple park

Desert Edge has no age restrictions and is reasonably close to a few ballparks. A lot of Dodgers fans stay there.
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Bob, as Gene said it doesn't hurt to ask them. I own a rental in a 55+ golf community. The Leasee does have to be over 55, but children and grand children are allowed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirba View Post
Desert Edge has no age restrictions and is reasonably close to a few ballparks. A lot of Dodgers fans stay there.
X2 on Desert Edge.... Stayed there before we found Pueblo El Mirage. Desert Edge was a little tight but still OK and very clean.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
Bob.... The wife and I go to Spring Training every year. We have reason to stay in the Surprise / Peoria area because my nephew plays for the Padres. We always stay at Pueblo El Mirage RV and Golf Resort in El Mirage, AZ. It is about 15 minutes from Surprise Stadium. Check it out. Make reservations well ahead because it is a real popular place. Let me know when you arrive, maybe we can hook up there.

Pueblo El Mirage RV Sites | Types of RV Sites Arizona | AZ RV Lots
That's a good recommendation. I'll have to give them a call. I'll be there for the Rangers v Angels on Sunday March 20th..... Aussuming I have a new radiator by then.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The Maricopa County parks are awesome if you can live without sewer(dump station on site). They are beautiful, spacious and quiet with 50amp and water...
Cave Creek is the at the end of Scottsdale/Scottsdale Road...McDowell by Fountain Hills is great too, we spend the winter here between them.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
That's a good recommendation. I'll have to give them a call. I'll be there for the Rangers v Angels on Sunday March 20th..... Aussuming I have a new radiator by then.
Hope to see you there!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #12

Another Spring Training AND Texas Rangers fan here.... We have gone the last two years for a week of Spring Training. We stayed in a Maricopa County Park in Mesa called Usery Mountain Regional Park. It is simply the quintessential Arizona desert experience!! As another mentioned, the sites do not include sewer hook ups. If I recall, the drive from the campground to Surprise was around 1.25 hours but we also enjoyed going to different parks for games, several were within 30 minutes drive from the campground.
PatrickJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping