Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2019, 07:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The campground closest to Jasper this last year that was open has two parts. The part that takes reservations is dry camping. Limited to a couple hours in the AM and PM for generators and enforced. You can get into the parking lot campground that has electric, 30 amp as I recall, first come first serve, vacancy available. Best way is to arrive at the entrance at 0715 (opens at 8) and be first in line. You can’t really tell if there are openings driving through because many of the spots are paid for but used by Class Cs gone for day trips. BTW, mosquitos were terrible in late June. That said, beautiful area.
Good info thanks
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Banff Tunnel Mountain reservations open January 8th @ 8:00 AM MDT. Not sure about Jasper. Just be aware Jasper’s Whistler campground is closed for Reno’s for two more years meaning the area is down approximately 750 sites.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #17

Hi Everyone,

We are also planning our first trip to Banff/Glacier early this fall. Because our "work" commitments somewhat limit the amount of time we have to spend, we would appreciate any feedback on our rough schedule.

Banff
Tunnel Mountain Trailer Park
3 nights

Lake Louise
Main Campground
2 nights

Jasper
Wapiti Campground
4 nights

Kalispell, MT
Columbia Falls RV Park
5 nights

We are then heading to Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque for the first time.

Any thoughts on the distribution of nights between the locations and/or campgrounds? Any particular things we need to make sure to see and/or do?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
RecPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #18

I talked to the folks at the Canadian National Parks and they told me the reservations for campsites can be made after January 20th. Is the date the 20th or the first?
Old 01-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecPro View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are also planning our first trip to Banff/Glacier early this fall. Because our "work" commitments somewhat limit the amount of time we have to spend, we would appreciate any feedback on our rough schedule.

Banff
Tunnel Mountain Trailer Park
3 nights

Lake Louise
Main Campground
2 nights

Jasper
Wapiti Campground
4 nights

Kalispell, MT
Columbia Falls RV Park
5 nights

We are then heading to Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque for the first time.

Any thoughts on the distribution of nights between the locations and/or campgrounds? Any particular things we need to make sure to see and/or do?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Some of my favorite areas.

Since no-one has commented, I will say that I would go direct from Banff to Jasper and bypass Lake Louise on the way up. By staying at Lake Louise after Jasper, you will make your trip back to Montana a shorter one.

Another possibility is to just visit Lake Louise by car from Banff, as they are less than 40 miles apart.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Some of my favorite areas.

Since no-one has commented, I will say that I would go direct from Banff to Jasper and bypass Lake Louise on the way up. By staying at Lake Louise after Jasper, you will make your trip back to Montana a shorter one.

Another possibility is to just visit Lake Louise by car from Banff, as they are less than 40 miles apart.
Same here, we used Banff as a home base on the south end and drove to different sites from there.

Steve
Old 01-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #21

Any suggestions about coming in from the Vancouver side? We will be swinging west to Seattle to see relatives and then head up to the Canadian Rockies from Seattle. Have any of you gone in that direction? Any tips for us about coming in from the West?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #22

I am sure someone with recent knowledge will chime in. I drove a car in from Vancouver back in 1996 before my motorhome days. As I recollect the roads were in good shape and I do not remember anything that would give you trouble. Again though before my motorhome days and I maybe off base.
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Any suggestions about coming in from the Vancouver side? We will be swinging west to Seattle to see relatives and then head up to the Canadian Rockies from Seattle. Have any of you gone in that direction? Any tips for us about coming in from the West?
Roads there are major transport routes so no issues there. There are a couple hills (Hwy 5 Coquihalla) has a nice long run up the hill and Hwy 3 is windy but more scenic. Depends on your comfort level. All are regularly driven by big rigs, transports and buses etc. So either would be fine for a coach.

There is lots to see on the way too. How much time do you have?
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post
Roads there are major transport routes so no issues there. There are a couple hills (Hwy 5 Coquihalla) has a nice long run up the hill and Hwy 3 is windy but more scenic. Depends on your comfort level. All are regularly driven by big rigs, transports and buses etc. So either would be fine for a coach.

There is lots to see on the way too. How much time do you have?
We are allowing six days total in the Canadian Rockies. We are figuring 2 days each in Sicamous, BC, Banff, and Lake Louise. First time taking the trip with the coach. We did it by car years ago.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We are allowing six days total in the Canadian Rockies. We are figuring 2 days each in Sicamous, BC, Banff, and Lake Louise. First time taking the trip with the coach. We did it by car years ago.
wow 6 days? We are allowing 6 weeks

Wells gray to Ice Fields hwy and back. And we are local and "been there seen that" a few times.

If you can extend your time you'll have lots to see......
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:14 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Agree that 6 weeks would be better if you had the time...so much to see and do there!!
Just a heads up though...major road work happening around Golden, BC on the Trans Canada Hiway (#1) for next few years which may cause some delays and/or detours traveling between Sicamous and Lake Louise. Check the BC hi ways dept. website regularly for current updates during your trip just so there's no surprises!
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote