Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

Can't get generator door to open little help please

2020 Anthem. My wife left water faucet on all night??? Flooded the basement some. Don't know if that has caused my problem but didn't have it until today. I can't get the generator door to open up?? I have checked the fuse and it is ok. Tried to hot wire the switch but can't get the gen slide to work. Is there any other way to get the gen door to operate? Been working on it for hours with no luck. Power to the generator fuse but no power to the open generator door switch. Appreciate any help guys.
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #2

Does the 2020 anthem have air operated gen slide? If so, do you have air pressure and is the ignition key turned acc?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:56 PM   #3

No it is electric. I found a manual release. I removed the switch from the wireing loom. Ran a wire direct from ground to ground wire in the loom. Then did same with a hot wire. Tried hot wire to both remaining wires in loom. Nothing. The fuse is fine and has power to it. No power coming through the loom to the switch. That is really weird.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:34 PM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

it should run off of air. You need to start the coach and build the air pressure and then try to run out the slide. They are either manual or air operated.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My 21 has to be aired up and have the ignition on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My 21 has to be aired up and have the ignition on.
Mine also as was my 18 Anthem. The piston uses compressed air to open and close.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:12 AM   #7

gen

Well I learned something?? Thanks so much guys. I sure thought it was electric. Very much appreciated!!

safe travels all
Old 11-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I can see how you might have been confused. The electric part is just the switch that opens up the air solenoid. The key needs to be on to operate the switch but the air pressure needs to be up in order to power the air cylinder that extends the generator rail.

I wish it was electric. It's kind of a pain to have to fire up the engine to build up air pressure if I want to check or service the generator or other components in that area. Short runs like that don't do the engine any favors.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:53 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Going on memory from our previous '19 Anthem, but I think there are a couple of pins in the slide rail under the genny that can be pulled to allow you to pull the genny out. At least I think I remember seeing them on our '19. If they are there, be careful that they really do allow the genny to be manually pulled and NOT stop pin that stop the rails from coming all the way out like pulling a drawer our of a cabinet.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:34 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Going on memory from our previous '19 Anthem, but I think there are a couple of pins in the slide rail under the genny that can be pulled to allow you to pull the genny out. At least I think I remember seeing them on our '19. If they are there, be careful that they really do allow the genny to be manually pulled and NOT stop pin that stop the rails from coming all the way out like pulling a drawer our of a cabinet.
This is why stating the year of the coaches are so important for correct answers. The Classics had the double pin pull. The 19's have air actuation, but I don't remember if mine need electrical as well, but the 21 does.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Our 2016 has the electric switch controlling the air cylinder. No pins to pull.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, generator