Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cargo Bay Doors Won't Unlock

We went to the coach today to unpack from our Florida trip and the bay doors wouldn't unlock. We had used the fob not the keys.

CS had us remove the "tray" in front of the passenger seat and pull out the two black devices with many wires attached - sorry for my techie description. We pulled off two wires and attached them to an 18V battery and 'poof" the doors unlocked. (If they hadn't apparently we would have reversed them - +/-)

We'll get it fixed next month at Entegra - will be there on 5/12 Swenster. In the meantime we'll lock and unlock each door manually.

Also learned that if we use fob or the key pad on the door handle to lock the doors, the alarm with all its sensitivity is set, but if we lock the door with the key and the bays with the fob, it isn't. Also since the bay relays are disabled now, when we lock the doors with the fob or the panel, the alarm doesn't set. It apparently uses the same relays as the bays. Since we have the bays disabled now, we can use the fob without setting the alarm. Interesting what we keep learning.

While talking about it, we were told we could have the side cameras disabled and we plan to do that - I hate losing the rear camera when passing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Mine lost its memory and I reprogrammed the entry code with the little black button under that same tray and it fixed it, instructions are in the owners manual in the owners section/ manuals at entegra sight.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #3

I had to replace the trimark box as well.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Learned something, thanks Emerson. What did you use for an 18V battery?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I had to replace the trimark box as well.
Ah Corey - ever the technologist.

Trimark vs a little black box with many wires. That's exactly right. I'll get mine fixed in Middlebury next month since our Yorkie is more technically skilled than I am.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Learned something, thanks Emerson. What did you use for an 18V battery?
That was just what was available - it was the one for my DeWalt drill. I like to buy nice tools so I can look at them and admire what someone else could do with them.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
To be clearer, it was suggested to use a 9V, but it didn't have enough juice to trip the "Trimark" - may have been too old since I robbed the fire alarm.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #8

SALTY if you replace your last number on entry code panel with 7 it will open the doors to, I think the 34 button will do it also but not sure about 34 but 7 is easier to remember.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:16 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
SALTY if you replace your last number on entry code panel with 7 it will open the doors to, I think the 34 button will do it also but not sure about 34 but 7 is easier to remember.
My last number is 7, but on mine if I use 1/2 it unlocks the door only. If I use 3/4 it unlocks the door and the bay doors. I have never locked bay doors in my life and that is another thing I am going to have to get use to is unlocking the bay doors.

Emerson, good thing on the DeWalt battery......see, you DO know how to use tools.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door