Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
CB/Shades Poltergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Okay what was the fix that Entegra chose not to do? There are still a few of us that would like use CBs contrary to what some say at Entegra.

Gasman, what is shown is what I did. An aluminum panel bonded to a white fiberglass panel attached to the roof. You can not have too large a ground plane but this has provided acceptable results and is all that would have been required during the build. ( I guess they didn't feel they wanted to add the aluminum panel?) Photo shows the ground plane (before sealant).Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1455935013.104279.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	119405

Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
CB/Shades Poltergeist

Where did you get the material for the ground plane? Is that the antenna supplied by Entegra?
Thanks
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
CB/Shades Poltergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Where did you get the material for the ground plane? Is that the antenna supplied by Entegra?
Thanks

I used the antenna that was on the coach. The aluminum (I used .020" thickness) can be purchased from Aircraft Spruce or any other metal supplier and the fiberglass and retainers from a larger rv dealer.

Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Ralph I had a similar problem but instead of the shades it was the slides that would not go in when there was power to the CB. Fix was the tech ran all new power to the cb. New 12volt power and new ground. That fixed the problem. Try it.
I have the same issue with my set up. When I talked to Entegra CS they suggested I run a new dedicated power line from the compartment under the drivers seat - which I did - did not fix the issue. I did not run a dedicated ground though, I tapped into existing ground - I will have to try that.

CS indicated that the motors for the shades are reversible. When going up power may go down the positive path and the motors turn in one direction. When going down, power may travel through the negative path, thus reversing the direction the shade motor runs in. I'm not sure what the fix is/will be, but I am very interested in finding out...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #19
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
First thought is how you ran the CB antenna coaxial cable. Next is did you tune the antenna for proper SWR?

The problem is most likely RF related. You may need to add a capacitor to the shade motor wiring or a choke on the power wiring to the shade.

Do you know any ham radio operators in your area. They can probably help.

Ken
On my Anthem the coax cable for the antennas is run up through the A-pillar on the drivers side. I ran new coax in the pillar for mine. I can't remember at this time if the power for the shades is also run in this A-pillar or across the roof. Unfortunately, I don't know any Hams in my area for them to check things out for me...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #20

My shades go up when I key the mic as well.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
YC1

Can you post a picture of your antenna install?

A .01 capacitor across the power leads that go into the shade control box might stop it. Ferrite beads may work as well. I would need to see a picture of the shade control box and better yet would be a link to a schematic.You might try wrapping the control box in aluminum foil.

These can a be quite tricky to solve. I have been in the two way radio business for 40 years. I have seen antilock brakes act up, engines stall or slow down, light bars go off, sirens go off, radios mute, windshield wipers go on etc. Lots of challenges.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote