Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
CD player 2019 cornerstone

Ok call me just dumb? Maybe more so uninformed!
Traveling finally in our new 2019 cornerstone and tried to play a cd in the dash stereo! Da! No instructions
No nothing? Help!
Cablemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #2

Dan:

I may be equally dumb, and frankly I virtually never have music on in the coach when we are traveling (I want to "hear" what the coach is doing while we are moving), so I would not be surprised that there is some way to do it, but there is no CD player like there was in my 15 Anthem Xite console to the best of my knowledge, at least I don't know where it is if there is. If I want to hear music and its not on the radio (The stuff I like to listen to NEVER is, these days), then my iPhone is connected to the Xite via Bluetooth and I "play" the music in my iPhone via the Xite, OR I have nearly a thousand digital "albums" stored on the web, and I either download them to the phone or simply stream them to the phone and from the phone to the Xite.

If you find a CD player, let me know because I dont lnow where it is. Now, you do have a DVD player and I believe it will play CDs also, but through the television soundbar system, I think.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
No CD player in the 19's nor does my 16 loaded Chevy Colorado. I have been told people now put their CD's on USB drives as all the new vehicles have those. I tried putting the CD's on a USB drive, man, does that take time. Threw the CD's in a closet and subscribed to Sirius.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Don't think you're an Apple user Chuck but for those that are I loaded my CD's into iTunes and can now play them with my phone.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #5

I just use Pandora. I can create my own channels and then use the random feature to play from all channels. Of course this only works while I have 4g. For those places without 4g, the quiet is nice too. My coach does have a CD player that is behind the monitor but I never use it.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Don't think you're an Apple user Chuck but for those that are I loaded my CD's into iTunes and can now play them with my phone.
How long does it take to copy a CD to an iTune? It wasn't long doing the copying to the USB that was time consuming, it was all the setup, dragging and dropping the CD catalog over to be recorded. I spent one evening doing that and didn't even fill up a thumb drive. Karen has suit cases full of CD...I'm not going there
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #7

We took well over 200 CDs and loaded them to our laptop and now our apple products (iPads).

We now use Bluetooth to play our music through the speakers in our Anthem as we drive. I’ve also loaded the music onto a thumb drive and plug it into a USB port on the MC and listen to music while we ride....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
How long does it take to copy a CD to an iTune? It wasn't long doing the copying to the USB that was time consuming, it was all the setup, dragging and dropping the CD catalog over to be recorded. I spent one evening doing that and didn't even fill up a thumb drive. Karen has suit cases full of CD...I'm not going there

It is probably about the same amount of time. It's fast to get the CD's from iTunes to your phone or iPad but loading the CD's into iTunes took some time. I have a CD tower full...would grab a few at a time and load them while I was doing other stuff on the computer. It took weeks but I wasn't doing it all day, every day. The good news was that the hardest part was keeping track of what I had already loaded so I didn't try to duplicate.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #9

We have used a CD/DVD, a thumb drive with mp3s, and Bluetooth mp3s via my phone.

Bluetooth is the only one that didn't intermittently skip when playing songs.

Thought about getting an actual Bluetooth mp3 player, but was shocked to find Bluetooth all day didn't run the battery down on my phone. Actually I can't hardly tell the difference in battery usage.

Biggest complaints: mp3s suck a lot of fidelity out of the songs. Mp3s are notorious for having different volumes, so I ran them through a normalizer which leveled out the volume but sucked even more of the fidelity range out of the songs.

That said, it is great to have a play list of songs that takes days to run through.

Steve