Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Ceiling Fan?

Have ordered our Cornerstone and it should be delivered in early April. When we ordered it we decided not to order the ceiling fan in the bedroom. Since that time, we are questioning that decision. We still have time to make the changes. Looking for some input from some owners who have the ceiling fan option installed. Does it make a difference? My wife is, (how shall I put it?) temperature sensitive. If it offers a benefit it would be money WELL SPENT. Appreciate your comments in advance.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 13 Aspire and wish it had been available in 2012. The Entegra is a great coach but the windows open little. I frequently setup a portable fan. We dry camp about 10-20% of the time and a 12v mounted fan would be a valuable addition. If you only go where 50 amp service is available then you don't require one....but it is pretty cheap....IMHO
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We ordered the ceiling fan in our new coach. In the TS we had a desk fan blowing on the bed the entire 10 years we owned it. Couldn't wait to get a ceiling fan.

I see you are also in FL....we have ceiling fans in every room in our S&B including the bathroom to help circulate the A/C. We are looking forward to the same comfort in the Anthem. It is nice to be able to run the front A/C, turn just the fan on and sleep in total quite without any A/C noise.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Don't have a ceiling fan but really wish we did especially on hot nights. The bedroom gets stuffy fast if you don't run the AC constantly. The fan keeps the sir moving. We have them at home and run them 24/7 during the summer. Makes a big difference.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #5

Couldn't live without it, if you're around Red Bay AL have Custom RV put one in for you. Brannon put ours in for us great price and excellent workmanship, he is also an authorized warranty center for Entegras
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the come backs. Contacting our dealer and adding it.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Thanks for the come backs. Contacting our dealer and adding it.

Good move IMO.

I added a 12v ceiling fan to our Revolution bedroom last winter. Of all of the many improvemnts, changes, etc. I have done to the coach, the fan is one of the absolute best. Wish I would've added it sooner. After a day's driving, the rear of the coach can become a rather large "heat sink" for quite some time, especially on warm evenings. The fan has made an iincredible difference. Ours has a remote, 3 speeds and will operate in both directions. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 01-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
If it had been an available option, I'd have taken it. Period.

Trying to figure how and where I'd put one in the salon of our DEQ.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I am a ceiling fan addict in the bedroom, it pushes in the summer and pulls in the winter; I like the air circulation. I will figure out how to get one in the bedroom. The salon could be tough with the mirrored ceiling.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I am just trying to figure out how to get a good install of ceiling fan in my 2013 without paying an arm and a leg. At the factory price, it's a no-brainer. Anyone who orders a new Entegra without the ceiling fan is nuts.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We ordered the ceiling fan in our new coach. In the TS we had a desk fan blowing on the bed the entire 10 years we owned it. Couldn't wait to get a ceiling fan.

I see you are also in FL....we have ceiling fans in every room in our S&B including the bathroom to help circulate the A/C. We are looking forward to the same comfort in the Anthem. It is nice to be able to run the front A/C, turn just the fan on and sleep in total quite without any A/C noise.
X2 !!! I just installed a 12vdc ceiling fan (36") and the bedroom is no longer a room full of dead air !! Makes a huge difference year round (especially when your neighbor has decided to have a campfire with wet wood and you need to close all your windows).
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #12

We had Precision Paint install one in our bedroom and we love it.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
Have ordered our Cornerstone and it should be delivered in early April. When we ordered it we decided not to order the ceiling fan in the bedroom. Since that time, we are questioning that decision. We still have time to make the changes. Looking for some input from some owners who have the ceiling fan option installed. Does it make a difference? My wife is, (how shall I put it?) temperature sensitive. If it offers a benefit it would be money WELL SPENT. Appreciate your comments in advance.

Order it now.

We ordered our Anthem last July. The ceiling fan option became available sometime in August. I called the dealer to have them add it. Something got fouled up and they missed the change in the production. When we got our coach in November it was minus a ceiling fan. After a couple go rounds between the factory and the dealer they determined that they could not add it after the fact because the mounts were not installed in the ceiling for it. There was also a wiring issue. So add it to the order now and make sure that the change is made to the production build sheet. You can add an after market fan but it would not be the same.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #14

We have one and it is worthless.

Tags
ceiling, fan