Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
We ditched Satellite for streaming over 3- years ago. Both at our house and on our RV.

Two things you should know;

1. Once you are streaming 100% of your TV you will change the way you watch TV. There is vastly less “surfing around to find something to watch” and much more planning to discover the series you want to watch in advance.

2. In the RV if you watch 3 -5 hours of TV a day you’ll need 250 to 350 gigs of high speed, unthrottled cellular data per month.

With Streaming, unlike cable or Satellite, there is much less to none TV playing in the background while no one is actively watching.

We’d never go back and are very glad we made the switch.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
Thank you. We are going to give it a try. Like Gary said, it might not be ready for prime time, but cellular streaming seems to be at a point where it is pretty reliable. So, we are going to give it a try. BTW, thank you for your recommendations. We will check them out.

Regards,
We use a Wifirouter Aspen with an AT&T SIM card, and a Verizon hotspot. Depending on where we are located, one or both normally work great. (Plus, although rare, some parks have great WiFi).

The streaming isn’t an issue, the data usage is our issue. Streaming takes a lot of data. After 5 months of just streaming and over the air broadcast TV, we picked up DirecTV and a month into use are happy with it along with some streaming.

Look carefully at how ‘unlimited’ the data is with the cellular service you get.
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
What Bundle do you have?

Regards,

Hoping to find out which MMH bundle works for you and others...

Thanks

M L
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
FWIW I bought the speed demon bundle from MMH. I've been very happy with the performance of it.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:44 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
FMCA mifi

Quote:
Hey, Marc and Jill. Hope all is well with the both of you. Have you looked into the SPRINT program offered by FMCA. Our experience is that it is truly unlimited with no data cap and no slow down in speed.

Regards,

We have the same FMCA sprint mifi. It has been great. No need to spend $1000. plus and join the MMH club. Love the streaming speed and the price. The no data limit is awesome. Once you have this service you get spoiled when you try to watch reg tv.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Pepwave

I purchased the Full-Time RV & Boat Internet Access Bundle
Router: Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2
Antenna: Poynting 5-in-1 Cellular, WIFI & GPS
from MobileMustHave last month and have had a problem where the SSID is not broadcasting all the time, so I get disconnected and can't reconnect unless I use the USB cable to the pepwave. Sometimes powering it down and resetting it will cause it to start broadcasting the SSiD again, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes unchecking the broadcast SSID box and saving the changes then rechecking it will cause it to start broadcasting.
I've been online with MMH for 3 weeks now and so far not impressed with the support. Has anyone had or seen this problem?
Also setup the email notification and started seeing the below messages multiple times a day. Not sure if the AP is losing connection to the park wifi because I'm not losing connection from the phones or computers.

This is an automated message generated from Miss Daisy (Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2: 2938-F3F7-3554 running 8.1.2 build 5011).

Wed Jun 09 11:16:09 MDT 2021
Current health status for all WAN:

Cellular: Disconnected (Link down)
Miss Daisy on 2.4 GHz: Disconnected

Pepwave | http://www.pepwave.com
Jun 09, 2021

This is an automated message generated from Miss Daisy (Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2: 2938-F3F7-3554 running 8.1.2 build 5011).

Wed Jun 09 11:16:17 MDT 2021

Miss Daisy on 2.4 GHz: Connected (IP: 172.16.1.195)

Jun 09, 2021

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had problems, I'm about ready to ship the whole bundle back. Very frustrated
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #21

Have you checked pepwave's website ? maybe a firmware upgrade ? I had a similar issue with my cradle point and ended up doing a firmware upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post
from MobileMustHave last month and have had a problem where the SSID is not broadcasting all the time, so I get disconnected and can't reconnect unless I use the USB cable to the pepwave. Sometimes powering it down and resetting it will cause it to start broadcasting the SSiD again, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes unchecking the broadcast SSID box and saving the changes then rechecking it will cause it to start broadcasting.
I've been online with MMH for 3 weeks now and so far not impressed with the support. Has anyone had or seen this problem?
Also setup the email notification and started seeing the below messages multiple times a day. Not sure if the AP is losing connection to the park wifi because I'm not losing connection from the phones or computers.

Jun 09, 2021

Jun 09, 2021

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had problems, I'm about ready to ship the whole bundle back. Very frustrated
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post

Jun 09, 2021

Jun 09, 2021

I had an issue where my SSID would disappear. I had to change the DTIM to 15. To get to that setting go to AP profiles (where you select if the SSID is 2.4 or 5ghz) and click on the ? in the top right corner. There will be a link to get to the Advanced AP settings (sneaky hiding spot to get to it IMO). I believe the factory DTIM setting is 1. I changed mine to 15, per the instructions from the Pepwave tech that was helping me troubleshoot. Hopefully this fixes your issue.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBen View Post
I had an issue where my SSID would disappear. I had to change the DTIM to 15. To get to that setting go to AP profiles (where you select if the SSID is 2.4 or 5ghz) and click on the ? in the top right corner. There will be a link to get to the Advanced AP settings (sneaky hiding spot to get to it IMO). I believe the factory DTIM setting is 1. I changed mine to 15, per the instructions from the Pepwave tech that was helping me troubleshoot. Hopefully this fixes your issue.
Thanks Ben, will ask the tech about it.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #24

I've been following this thread with great interest. I work remotely and now that we are getting ready for post-COVID trips, we are looking at options to improve our mobile connectivity. We currently have AT&T Mobley (unlimited) and Verizon (limited bandwidth) hotspots.

We've been looking at the Ultimate Road Warrior + Bundle from Mobile Must Have. The ability to combine both SIM cards depending on the location, with a roof mounted 7-in-1 antenna, are very interesting.

At this point, my biggest question is the location for the roof mounted antenna? Initially I was thinking we would mount it near the front cap and put the router in the compartment in front of the passenger seat. However it is suggested to have the antenna more than 24" from the AC units or any other antenna, but less than 7' from the router. This makes me think we will be looking at some mid-coach location with the router in the cabinets over the table (42 DEQ). I worry about drilling a new hole through the roof.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul
RecPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecPro View Post
I've been following this thread with great interest. I work remotely and now that we are getting ready for post-COVID trips, we are looking at options to improve our mobile connectivity. We currently have AT&T Mobley (unlimited) and Verizon (limited bandwidth) hotspots.

We've been looking at the Ultimate Road Warrior + Bundle from Mobile Must Have. The ability to combine both SIM cards depending on the location, with a roof mounted 7-in-1 antenna, are very interesting.

At this point, my biggest question is the location for the roof mounted antenna? Initially I was thinking we would mount it near the front cap and put the router in the compartment in front of the passenger seat. However it is suggested to have the antenna more than 24" from the AC units or any other antenna, but less than 7' from the router. This makes me think we will be looking at some mid-coach location with the router in the cabinets over the table (42 DEQ). I worry about drilling a new hole through the roof.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul
Surprisingly the roof drilling was fairly quick and painless. The mentality of it was drilling was worse than the actual process. I used a 1" hole saw, just barely big enough to fish the antenna connector ends through the hole. The bottom of the antenna has a sticky foam so I made sure the roof surface was really clean with some mineral spirits and then once installed I went around the edge of the antenna with lots of Dicor. I mounted mine where the wires would go into a cabinet that has a 110v outlet powered by my inverter. That way I could power the Pepwave and have have internet while rolling down the road. It only draws a couple of amps.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have the Ultimate Road Warrior package and are extremely satisfied. Sometimes there is some buffering when streaming TV, but my husband is on WebX calls from 6 am to 4 pm every day and there has only been one hiccup that lasted for 1/2 a day. He was able to use his phone as a hotspot instead with the WeBoost cellular antenna for support. This was in the panhandle of Idaho in the middle of the forest.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I bought $1,700 worth of equipment in Florida. I traveled the bottom half of the US and am now in Sacramento. I bought the most expensive package they offer because I NEED good internet access to stay financially afloat. From the very beginning internet access was always slow and sketchy. Sometimes I had access, most of the time no access. They send the equipment out with an ATT plan. I also purchased a Verizon data plan and put it in one of my three available slots in my Pepwave so I would have more then one source. Neither of them work. I email Mobilemusthave daily and they simply do not respond. I'm so sick and tired of customer no-service. I work on the road and without internet access I lose money. I have to use my Verizon mobile hot spot on my phone which had not let me down even once. I think the equipment has an issue and their customer service needs even more work.
RoaminFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:46 PM   #28

I came across this thread because I am contemplating full-time RV life however, I work remotely for my company and need reliable Internet. I am on Zoom and Teams calls and routinely use a VPN and make VoIP calls. I am considering MMH's Ultimate Road Warrior Mobile Internet Bundle with the 800GB/mo data plan. Having decent speed for reliable video calls and the potential for throttling worry me though. Has anyone had issues with throttling on their plans, by chance? Thanks for any advice; I do appreciate it. -Heath
LA_Heath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service