Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Cellular Service-Mobile Must Have

Has anyone had any experience with Mobile Must Have? We recently cancelled our Direct TV service in favor of cellular internet and are considering one of Mobile Must Haves cellular bundles (antenna and router). We have 2 cellular services, SPRINT through FMCA and VERIZON, and currently use their hotspots to connect to the internet. With Mobile Must Have, we can get a router with 2 cellular modems that accept the SPRINT and VERIZON sim cards. All of our gadgets, smart TV, Amazon Firestick, Tablets, printers, Alexa, etc connect to the router which in-turn connects to a roof mounted antenna. We thought that before we pull the plug on one of the bundles we should ask if anyone has purchased one of their bundles and why you think of it?

Thanks and regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
RV Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Full Timers
Posts: 255
We use Mobile Must Have for both Verizon and AT&T have nothing but good results over last 18 months.
__________________
RV Wanderers
2017 Entegra Insignia 44W
RV Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
ECVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 254
I have not used them but i have looked at their products. They use pepwave products which is from peplink.
https://www.peplink.com/ for the bandwidth bonding of two LTE services they are using the speed fusion technology. They are solid product lines as i have talked to their developers / engineers for some of the work i do for some customers. I dont have anything bad to say about mobile must have just think its a bit pricy , but they do a good job of the easy button of everything together in what you need and i am sure they have good support .. based on my conversations with them in the past .






Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
Has anyone had any experience with Mobile Must Have? We recently cancelled our Direct TV service in favor of cellular internet and are considering one of Mobile Must Haves cellular bundles (antenna and router). We have 2 cellular services, SPRINT through FMCA and VERIZON, and currently use their hotspots to connect to the internet. With Mobile Must Have, we can get a router with 2 cellular modems that accept the SPRINT and VERIZON sim cards. All of our gadgets, smart TV, Amazon Firestick, Tablets, printers, Alexa, etc connect to the router which in-turn connects to a roof mounted antenna. We thought that before we pull the plug on one of the bundles we should ask if anyone has purchased one of their bundles and why you think of it?

Thanks and regards,
__________________
2014 Entegra Anthem DEQ
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Gary.Jones's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,255
Blog Entries: 1
There is a thread up here right now that deals with owners perception of the status of living a streaming life style exclusively, and the long and short is that even with unlimited accounts on all three major cellular providers that cellular based streaming is not yet ready for prime time.

Now, a lot of your frustration or happiness is based on how you use television or the internet and where you spend most of your time when you travel away from home. I have tried to go it without Sat service and I just found everything added together was more frustrating and less dependable than I could tolerate. You might be different based on where you travel and what you do with communications, but for a lot of us, it just is not ready yet regardless of equipment....

Gary
__________________
Gary and Dee, Zowie and Bowie (traveling cat sibs)
2019 Cornerstone 45B, X15-605hp, Imperial, Spartan K3,
2013 Honda CR-V toad, Demco Excali-Bar II,
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
darjacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 181
We cut the cord completely about 12 months ago and haven't looked back. There are sooooo many streaming options today and a lot are free. Paying outrageous sat fees are a thing of the past for us. We don't need a sat antenna or cable boxes. We stream everything through Mobley and now you can get the same service through several providers. If we park under trees it's not a problem. Look at some of the free streams like peacock and locast ($5 /mo) Philo for $20/month, etc. Anyone with even limited vision can see where the market is going. And it's here now!
__________________
Fleetwood Terra, Airstream Land Yacht, Tiffen Pheaton, American Eagle, Gulf Stream Friendship, Beaver patriot Thunder, Forest River Charleston, "In-country" 1971-72
2015 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
darjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RV Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Full Timers
Posts: 255
You can see our usage on cellular from Mobile Must Have below. I would say we are heavy users and located in South Ga, FL and SC mainly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	320207
__________________
RV Wanderers
2017 Entegra Insignia 44W
RV Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
MRUSA14's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
We cut the cord completely about 12 months ago and haven't looked back. There are sooooo many streaming options today and a lot are free. Paying outrageous sat fees are a thing of the past for us. We don't need a sat antenna or cable boxes. We stream everything through Mobley and now you can get the same service through several providers. If we park under trees it's not a problem. Look at some of the free streams like peacock and locast ($5 /mo) Philo for $20/month, etc. Anyone with even limited vision can see where the market is going. And it's here now!
Itís only here now if where you travel has good cell service. I have two homes that I travel between seasonally. In both of them my Mobley gets no or low speed service. My Verizon account gets faster service but is more expensive and has a low data cap. My satellite service on the other hand, gets 4K reception in both places with no limits on usage!
__________________
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Annapolis MD
Posts: 211
They are great!
__________________
Pat & Julie (and Harley)
Annapolis MD
2019 Entegra 40P
Motang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #9
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
We use Mobile Must Have for both Verizon and AT&T have nothing but good results over last 18 months.
What Bundle do you have?

Regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:58 AM   #10
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
There is a thread up here right now that deals with owners perception of the status of living a streaming life style exclusively, and the long and short is that even with unlimited accounts on all three major cellular providers that cellular based streaming is not yet ready for prime time.

Now, a lot of your frustration or happiness is based on how you use television or the internet and where you spend most of your time when you travel away from home. I have tried to go it without Sat service and I just found everything added together was more frustrating and less dependable than I could tolerate. You might be different based on where you travel and what you do with communications, but for a lot of us, it just is not ready yet regardless of equipment....

Gary
Thanks, Gary. The good news is that we aren't removing our antenna. So, if we experience the type of frustrations you mentioned we can always go back to it.

Regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:03 AM   #11
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
We cut the cord completely about 12 months ago and haven't looked back. There are sooooo many streaming options today and a lot are free. Paying outrageous sat fees are a thing of the past for us. We don't need a sat antenna or cable boxes. We stream everything through Mobley and now you can get the same service through several providers. If we park under trees it's not a problem. Look at some of the free streams like peacock and locast ($5 /mo) Philo for $20/month, etc. Anyone with even limited vision can see where the market is going. And it's here now!
Thank you. We are going to give it a try. Like Gary said, it might not be ready for prime time, but cellular streaming seems to be at a point where it is pretty reliable. So, we are going to give it a try. BTW, thank you for your recommendations. We will check them out.

Regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #12
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Itís only here now if where you travel has good cell service. I have two homes that I travel between seasonally. In both of them my Mobley gets no or low speed service. My Verizon account gets faster service but is more expensive and has a low data cap. My satellite service on the other hand, gets 4K reception in both places with no limits on usage!
Hey, Marc and Jill. Hope all is well with the both of you. Have you looked into the SPRINT program offered by FMCA. Our experience is that it is truly unlimited with no data cap and no slow down in speed.

Regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #13
OWV
Senior Member
 
OWV's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motang View Post
They are great!
Do you mean MobileMustHaves are great? If yes, do you have one of their bundles installed on your rig and if you do, which one.

Regards,
__________________
OWV
Our Wandering View, v2.0
2019 Anthem, 44W
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #14
Member
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 53
I bought my equipment (bundle) from MMH but not my cellular plan.

When I ran into technical issue (not MMH's fault) I opened a case with them as well as Peplink. Initial response was within 24 hours. The issue was raised to Peplink's Tier 2 engineers and resolved. I forwarded the work around back to MMH's tech.

Everyone communicated well on the whole issue.
IdahoBen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
service



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RV Mobile Internet Part One: Extendable Mast Mounted Cellular and WIFI Antenna tcgoetz Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 23 08-03-2021 04:22 PM
Now Available! - Maximum Signal Mobile RV Cellular Booster TVforMyRV Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 4 02-12-2017 09:02 AM
Recommendation must see/must know off I-10 Alabama to Cali? tlynt Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 11 06-21-2015 06:01 PM
Any "Must Sees or Must Do's In Oklahoma.? michguy Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 10 08-28-2013 08:54 AM
Key West Must do's and must avoids please. KRose Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 42 02-06-2013 06:52 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.