Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
OWV

Cellular Service-Mobile Must Have

Has anyone had any experience with Mobile Must Have? We recently cancelled our Direct TV service in favor of cellular internet and are considering one of Mobile Must Haves cellular bundles (antenna and router). We have 2 cellular services, SPRINT through FMCA and VERIZON, and currently use their hotspots to connect to the internet. With Mobile Must Have, we can get a router with 2 cellular modems that accept the SPRINT and VERIZON sim cards. All of our gadgets, smart TV, Amazon Firestick, Tablets, printers, Alexa, etc connect to the router which in-turn connects to a roof mounted antenna. We thought that before we pull the plug on one of the bundles we should ask if anyone has purchased one of their bundles and why you think of it?

Thanks and regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We use Mobile Must Have for both Verizon and AT&T have nothing but good results over last 18 months.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #3

I have not used them but i have looked at their products. They use pepwave products which is from peplink.
https://www.peplink.com/ for the bandwidth bonding of two LTE services they are using the speed fusion technology. They are solid product lines as i have talked to their developers / engineers for some of the work i do for some customers. I dont have anything bad to say about mobile must have just think its a bit pricy , but they do a good job of the easy button of everything together in what you need and i am sure they have good support .. based on my conversations with them in the past .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
Has anyone had any experience with Mobile Must Have? We recently cancelled our Direct TV service in favor of cellular internet and are considering one of Mobile Must Haves cellular bundles (antenna and router). We have 2 cellular services, SPRINT through FMCA and VERIZON, and currently use their hotspots to connect to the internet. With Mobile Must Have, we can get a router with 2 cellular modems that accept the SPRINT and VERIZON sim cards. All of our gadgets, smart TV, Amazon Firestick, Tablets, printers, Alexa, etc connect to the router which in-turn connects to a roof mounted antenna. We thought that before we pull the plug on one of the bundles we should ask if anyone has purchased one of their bundles and why you think of it?

Thanks and regards,
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #4

There is a thread up here right now that deals with owners perception of the status of living a streaming life style exclusively, and the long and short is that even with unlimited accounts on all three major cellular providers that cellular based streaming is not yet ready for prime time.

Now, a lot of your frustration or happiness is based on how you use television or the internet and where you spend most of your time when you travel away from home. I have tried to go it without Sat service and I just found everything added together was more frustrating and less dependable than I could tolerate. You might be different based on where you travel and what you do with communications, but for a lot of us, it just is not ready yet regardless of equipment....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #5

We cut the cord completely about 12 months ago and haven't looked back. There are sooooo many streaming options today and a lot are free. Paying outrageous sat fees are a thing of the past for us. We don't need a sat antenna or cable boxes. We stream everything through Mobley and now you can get the same service through several providers. If we park under trees it's not a problem. Look at some of the free streams like peacock and locast ($5 /mo) Philo for $20/month, etc. Anyone with even limited vision can see where the market is going. And it's here now!
Old 03-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
You can see our usage on cellular from Mobile Must Have below. I would say we are heavy users and located in South Ga, FL and SC mainly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	320207
Old 03-07-2021, 06:50 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
We cut the cord completely about 12 months ago and haven't looked back. There are sooooo many streaming options today and a lot are free. Paying outrageous sat fees are a thing of the past for us. We don't need a sat antenna or cable boxes. We stream everything through Mobley and now you can get the same service through several providers. If we park under trees it's not a problem. Look at some of the free streams like peacock and locast ($5 /mo) Philo for $20/month, etc. Anyone with even limited vision can see where the market is going. And it's here now!
It’s only here now if where you travel has good cell service. I have two homes that I travel between seasonally. In both of them my Mobley gets no or low speed service. My Verizon account gets faster service but is more expensive and has a low data cap. My satellite service on the other hand, gets 4K reception in both places with no limits on usage!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #8

They are great!
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #9
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
We use Mobile Must Have for both Verizon and AT&T have nothing but good results over last 18 months.
What Bundle do you have?

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-08-2021, 06:58 AM   #10
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
There is a thread up here right now that deals with owners perception of the status of living a streaming life style exclusively, and the long and short is that even with unlimited accounts on all three major cellular providers that cellular based streaming is not yet ready for prime time.

Now, a lot of your frustration or happiness is based on how you use television or the internet and where you spend most of your time when you travel away from home. I have tried to go it without Sat service and I just found everything added together was more frustrating and less dependable than I could tolerate. You might be different based on where you travel and what you do with communications, but for a lot of us, it just is not ready yet regardless of equipment....

Gary
Thanks, Gary. The good news is that we aren't removing our antenna. So, if we experience the type of frustrations you mentioned we can always go back to it.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-08-2021, 07:03 AM   #11
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
Thank you. We are going to give it a try. Like Gary said, it might not be ready for prime time, but cellular streaming seems to be at a point where it is pretty reliable. So, we are going to give it a try. BTW, thank you for your recommendations. We will check them out.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #12
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It’s only here now if where you travel has good cell service. I have two homes that I travel between seasonally. In both of them my Mobley gets no or low speed service. My Verizon account gets faster service but is more expensive and has a low data cap. My satellite service on the other hand, gets 4K reception in both places with no limits on usage!
Hey, Marc and Jill. Hope all is well with the both of you. Have you looked into the SPRINT program offered by FMCA. Our experience is that it is truly unlimited with no data cap and no slow down in speed.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #13
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motang View Post
They are great!
Do you mean MobileMustHaves are great? If yes, do you have one of their bundles installed on your rig and if you do, which one.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought my equipment (bundle) from MMH but not my cellular plan.

When I ran into technical issue (not MMH's fault) I opened a case with them as well as Peplink. Initial response was within 24 hours. The issue was raised to Peplink's Tier 2 engineers and resolved. I forwarded the work around back to MMH's tech.

Everyone communicated well on the whole issue.
IdahoBen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service