Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 05:55 AM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Centramatics Auto Tire Balancers

Has anyone installed these on your coach and if so could you tell me if they are worth it? thanks

https://www.centramatic.com/balancer...&gclsrc=3p.ds&
AggrevatedRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 06:27 AM   #2

I have four on the rears. I put new tires on the rear and didn't have them balanced. My son gave me a set of balancers and I put them on. My assessment is; I don't know if they help or not. I have a very smooth ride with no vibrations. I don't know if it's the new tires alone or a result of new tires and the balancers. But I didn't have any vibrations with the old tires either.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:59 AM   #3

I went with balance masters as they were what the alignment shop recommended and only on the steer tires. I did notice a better ride over 60mph. Putting them on the rears most likely will do nothing because of the weight on the tires.
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:34 AM   #4

Wheel Balancers

AggravatedRV,

After much research I went with "Balance Masters".
Web address: balancemasters.com

In my research I actually talked to the president of the company and he advised putting the balancers on the steers and the tags. Not the drivers.
I just put new shoes on the bus and kept the balance masters and at the recommendation of my Michelin dealer had balance beads put in the four drive tires.

Just completed a 1580 mile round trip to NIRVC in Phoenix for Rettroband recall issue and was very pleased with the noticeable smoothness of the ride.
Only time will tell about the wear effect.

Good Luck.
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried them on my F350 DRW truck and never could get the truck smooth. Returned them and had the tires balanced the old-fashioned way.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
AggravatedRV,

After much research I went with "Balance Masters".
Web address: balancemasters.com

In my research I actually talked to the president of the company and he advised putting the balancers on the steers and the tags. Not the drivers.
I just put new shoes on the bus and kept the balance masters and at the recommendation of my Michelin dealer had balance beads put in the four drive tires.

Just completed a 1580 mile round trip to NIRVC in Phoenix for Rettroband recall issue and was very pleased with the noticeable smoothness of the ride.
Only time will tell about the wear effect.

Good Luck.
Did you notice any change with the Balance Masters on the Tag Axle?
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #7

Balance Masters

Don't know about difference.
I put the Balance Masters on the steers and tags at the same time.
The President advised that the steers and tags were free wheeling and that the drivers, I guess because of the constant change in the torque, would not be as effective.
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #8

Put them on all 3 axles and my wife says standing in the middle of the coach going down the road she can feel a improvement in overall ride quality. I feel a improvement overall when driving. I put them on when I replaced 6 tires and moved the steers to the tag
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:06 PM   #9

I put Centramatics on the steer tires two years ago, for me it was a big difference. Replaced tires a few months ago and added them to the drive and tag axles as well and they made further improvements in the ride.
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:57 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Many, many years ago, I worked for a tow truck outfit. At that time, they put golf balls inside the steer tires. When I asked why, the owner said to keep them balanced. After we got our first Class A, I research that idea and came across these instead and have used them on the steer tires since. Does it help? I can't say for certain but I believe they do. I guess my old boss was ahead of the times.
Rev. Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:16 PM   #11

I put Centramatics on fr & rr with last tire change. Work fine as far as I can tell... all us smooth.
If you go for them tryvFL Shores Truck as they were the best $.
Winemaker2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Many, many years ago, I worked for a tow truck outfit. At that time, they put golf balls inside the steer tires. When I asked why, the owner said to keep them balanced. After we got our first Class A, I research that idea and came across these instead and have used them on the steer tires since. Does it help? I can't say for certain but I believe they do. I guess my old boss was ahead of the times.
I have used airsoft bb's in trailer and off road tires .
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #13

Centramatic balance

I just put 6 on my new coach. Great smooth ride. No vibration. Original tires new had about 20 ounces of weight. They tell you to remove all old weights. I'm happy smooth in the back also. Can't understand the prior statement about not balancing the drive wheels. Don't they balance your car tires on all axles.
Joeniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:20 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
A lot of shops don't even balance big rig tires like ours. According to them, a small imbalance won't be felt because the tires are so large??

Tags
tire