Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #1

Chassis batteries

We have been home a little over two weeks since our vacation trip. Went to move MH today to prep for next one and chassis is dead as a hammer. MH has been plugged into 50 amp in my shop since we got back. Will call CS tomorrow because it is not an emergency but does anyone know 100% that the inverters will charge chassis? The battery boost button will get the transmission display to boot up but nothing else. Has anyone experienced this? Do I just need to keep a trickle charge on chassis? Thanks for any advice.

Robert, Mary & the boys
2015 Cornerstone K
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I am not sure what accessories run on the chassis battery when parked, but I would think 2 weeks would be a short time for the battery to be dead
sorry I cant help
Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
The inverter does charge all batteries when plugged into shore power.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #4

Ok will try to get something from CS tomorrow to see if a fuse is blown or something. I have a battery lead and small wire that are just taped off in DEF compartment.

Robert, Mary & the boys
2015 Cornerstone K
Old 08-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #5

Chuck do you know any specific about which inverter may do the charging? Experimented with the charger portion of both inverters and never saw a change in the Chassis voltage. It must have worked in the past though because this is the first issue we have had??

Robert, Mary & the boys
2015 Cornerstone K
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The alt and generator will charge mine chassis , the house batteries are charged when on shore power or generator.. on mine
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #7

On my coach, shore power (and gen) does not charge chassis. Only running the motor does. When shut down for about 3 weeks or more, the chassis batterys will be down, maybe even dead UNLESS I shut off the main chassis power switch. Then it can sit for months. Not sure why, always has been this way.
normpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I do not. That is one thing I have not worked on is the inverter/chargers. The first thing I would try would be the circuit breakers on the inverters in the basement located above and behind the slide out freezer. Are the chargers turned on at the inverter panel?

I had my batteries go dead while plugged into shore power for no reason. Never did figure out what caused it. Unplugged and plugged back in and everything worked.... the batteries recharged.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #9
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not an Entegra owner, but I would be very surprised if the shore power did not charge the chassis batteries, especially on a Cornerstone! I'm certain something is not right! Have it checked and hope you report back as to what it is.
All the best!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I was told by Entegra that this battery isolation manager is installed on my Entegra:
Battery Isolation Manager (Control & Relay) 160Amp Continuous | Precision Circuits Inc.

It will connect/disconnect the house and start battery banks together as needed to keep both of them charged as well as not overcharged. Charging sources are the Magnum inverter/charger and the engine alternator.

There are documents at the link above that provide all the details as well as a troubleshooting document. It might be worth verifying the proper operation of this device as you work thru your issue.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #11

Rob,
Thanks for the documentation - will troubleshoot when I get home this evening. I am currently waiting on a call back from CS about the problem. Thanks Robert
Old 08-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #12

I am sure you checked but on my Anthem I have twice had the battery cable work itself loose from the terminal.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I'm not an Entegra owner, but I would be very surprised if the shore power did not charge the chassis batteries, especially on a Cornerstone! I'm certain something is not right! Have it checked and hope you report back as to what it is.
All the best!
I am sure shore power does also charge the chassis batteries. I have a Cornerstone and we were parked twice already this year for over 5 weeks while on 50 amp shore and I never had any issues starting the coach.
Bpeter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #14

All Entegras charge both house and chassis batteries when on shore power, when everything is working right. 🚌🚓

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed

Tags
batteries, chassis