Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Oneal,
X2
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #44

So, if we don't have something nice to say... we don't say anything at all?
99phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Let's please remember that all of our members are entitled to post their opinions on any section of our forum and also to discuss the topic and not each other.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
When I started this thread it was not intended to " beat up" on Entegra, LD, or any other brand. My impression is that my experience with this coach is not really different than what many other owners have experienced, regardless of brand. I have talked to owners of Thor, Winnebago, Newmar, and even Pevost who have had multiple issues and dealt wth extended repair times.

That said, I am still extremely happy with my decision to buy the coach I did. As a lady owner I met at LD said " You take a sophisticated chassis, put a luxury home on top of it and subject it to an eartquake everyday. What could possibly go wrong?"
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I was just sharing my opinion that I would not have the patience to have my coach worked on for a month. I realize that things happen to any coach and sometime you just have to do what you have to do to get a repair done.

To answer your question, I was not happy at all with what I saw in our Entegra. I have posted before on this subject which was not well taken here. I understand why it wouldnt be well taken on an entegra sight as we all want to defend our brand. My intent is not to upset anyone I was just sharing my experience. I can not take back what I have seen under the panels of the entegra. Being that I now have owned both entegra and newmar of the about the same level it has allowed me to do a very clean comparison through my experience. Looking through this forum reading all the threads most are having the same issues,water leaks,air leaks,shade issues,wind noise etc. Having seen what I have seen these issues make sense to me. I am sorry for being negative and maybe I should just keep my thoughts to myself
Maybe you should keep your opinions and observations to yourself . . . BUT . . . that would do a disservice to the rest of us.

While many may not agree with you, your observations are valid and deserve to be heard. I as well was curious about your hesitation to jump on the Entegra bandwagon as so many seem to think the brand can do no wrong.

I did not read the post asking you about the change in brand loyalty as meant to be negative nor should it have been taken that way IMO. I think it is always good to hear the less than stellar incidences as well as the euphoric reports in order to make informed decisions.

Thank you for enlightening us.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Maybe you should keep your opinions and observations to yourself . . . BUT . . . that would do a disservice to the rest of us.

While many may not agree with you, your observations are valid and deserve to be heard. I as well was curious about your hesitation to jump on the Entegra bandwagon as so many seem to think the brand can do no wrong.

I did not read the post asking you about the change in brand loyalty as meant to be negative nor should it have been taken that way IMO. I think it is always good to hear the less than stellar incidences as well as the euphoric reports in order to make informed decisions.

Thank you for enlightening us.
Thank you for your post. I surely dont mean to turn a thread negative. I just share what I have seen or delt with. Nothing more nothing less.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #49

I don't see any observation as negative.. Just the opposite. I read all owner forums for the express purpose of finding negatives about a particular brand and how many share the same or similar experience.. And what actions are taken to correct the issues.
No mechanic ever learned his trade by only paying attention to warm and fuzzy stories. I specificaly look for your posts ZMan while you are loyal to your current brand, you consistently offer good advise and viewpoints to issues.. Your own or attempting to offer insight to others.

Keep the varying view points coming..

On a side note... If ONLY one brand was the END ALL...BE ALL.. The decision of brand purchase would be a no brainer. Here is a list of manufactures that all attract a certain buyer.. All of them have pluses and minuses ..all of them the "right coach" for the right person..

Entegra,Newmar,Thor,Tiffin,American Coach, Monaco,Newell,Foretravel,Prevost, ect ect ect..

If any one of the above brands (and any not listed) are THE ONLY ONE TO EVER BUY...PERIOD... The mods of this forum could save considerable Bandwith by deleting all other sub forums... 😊😊

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B
Old 12-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
I don't see any observation as negative.. Just the opposite. I read all owner forums for the express purpose of finding negatives about a particular brand and how many share the same or similar experience.. And what actions are taken to correct the issues.
No mechanic ever learned his trade by only paying attention to warm and fuzzy stories. I specificaly look for your posts ZMan while you are loyal to your current brand, you consistently offer good advise and viewpoints to issues.. Your own or attempting to offer insight to others.

Keep the varying view points coming..

On a side note... If ONLY one brand was the END ALL...BE ALL.. The decision of brand purchase would be a no brainer. Here is a list of manufactures that all attract a certain buyer.. All of them have pluses and minuses ..all of them the "right coach" for the right person..

Entegra,Newmar,Thor,Tiffin,American Coach, Monaco,Newell,Foretravel,Prevost, ect ect ect..

If any one of the above brands (and any not listed) are THE ONLY ONE TO EVER BUY...PERIOD... The mods of this forum could save considerable Bandwith by deleting all other sub forums... ����

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B
Actually, that wouldn't work. You would still need those other forums to help cover the problems with all of the "imperfect" brands. Which is why there is a forum for every brand.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #51

Hahaha exactly the point

Tags
chassis