RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #15

Check your house battery voltage before you move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Unless you're parked inside or under some cover. And even then a little 65 watt solar panel will not keep up with much.

Being fulltime now, never in storage again!
But the Intelitec did a fine job when it needed to. The Morningstar meter says 1 to 3+ amps during the day. I must not have as many parasites.

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
This is something that came standard on the Beaver that I used to have, and something I think Entegra should install on all their coaches.
I was reading this and wondering why these newer coaches didn't have the house cutoff switch like my Beaver has...and then I thought I was missing something until I got to your post! I use my chassis and house cutoff when ever the coach is going to be stored while not connected to power.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #17

Service people found an intermittent 'step controll module' was the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpasslew View Post
We took our 2012 Aspire into our Spartan Chassis service center for a service bulletin on the steering. While there we had the oil changed and a few filters replaced. Normally we keep our Aspire in our garage plugged into 50 amps. I had turned on the electric switch on the Aqua Hot to put a load on the generator, which we ran as we traveled 1.5 hours to the service center. I forgot to turn it off when we left the coach for five days. This load may have helped drain my house batteries while the unit was serviced. The service center has no plugins. When we picked up the coach we started the generator but neglected to turn on the charge button on the Magnum controls. A mile down the road my wife-driver heard a clicking noise near the door, and at a red light opened and closed the door. Evidently the house batteries had enough power to extend the steps, but not retract them when she checked the door. Consequently we ended up with bent steps as she drove on. I was following in the car and didn't see the accident. She hit a curb as she was pulling off the road.
When I checked the house voltage it was 10 volts. I should have checked that before we moved the coach!!!
After talking to Entegra, I have decided to install an on-off switch on the house batteries and turn them off whenever I have to leave the coach without external power or the generator not set properly with the Magnum Control center. Entegra said there is some parasitic electrical drain at all times. I don't know what the repair bill will be, but am glad that the damage was only to the steps and my ego. Checking my house batteries before I depart is on my check list now!!!!
A-1 Auto & Diesel in Ft. Walton, FL said that the Step Control Module needed to be replaced, it was intermittent. I suppose the low voltage had something to do with it, also. Anyway, now everything is working fine. A-1 was recommended to me by another RV neighbor and I have had very good service from them for years.
lowpasslew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery