Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Clearance lights....

Hi all - I discovered I've got 3 amber clearance lights out on our Anthem. (the ones above the windshield). The local RV store wasn't able to lend any assistance and I suppose the next step is Amazon and then Entegra on Monday. Do any of you have a part number for these lights? Any advice will be most appreciated.

John Hinshaw
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think I answered my own questions. I just googled the lights and discovered numerous posts from this learned audience. Please excuse the wasted space.

Embarrassed John.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I replaced all of mine with these. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ctor/599/1834/
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
This is what worked for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	393B8018-1E57-462A-A8BE-9135A36EE10A.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	224840  
sledwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #5

You also can get them at a reasonable price from any Entegra dealer who gets them from the factory.

A big problem with those lights have been the sealing/caulking of those lights into the holes/sockets. Be sure and seal those lights very carefully.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post
Hi all - I discovered I've got 3 amber clearance lights out on our Anthem. (the ones above the windshield). The local RV store wasn't able to lend any assistance and I suppose the next step is Amazon and then Entegra on Monday. Do any of you have a part number for these lights? Any advice will be most appreciated.

John Hinshaw
They are standard Peter built marker lights (the size and screw spacing) a lot of options. I found mine on amazon.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #7

Those can be a real treat to change. Mine had absolutely no free play in the wires so that when the screws were removed the light base was still glued in place by the RTV. Pulling on it actually stretched the wire insulation and separated one of the wires. I slid a blade behind the light base and cut the wires off flush with the base to get it off. At least now I could see the ends of the two wires in the RTV. As Chuck as instructed many times I took an exacto blade and tried to cut a circle in the RTV plugging the access hole around the wires so as to not cut them. Pull on the wires with a pair of needle nosed pliers to get the lay of the wires to try and cut around them. I cut and pulled chunks of RTV out with the needle nosed pliers to get thru the RTV plug and free the wires to attach the new light. It was a rather medieval task, certainly not a craftsman like repair. Finally got thru the factory RTV which must have been 2 inches thick and freed the wires with only minor nicks in the insulation. After attaching the new lights feeding the wires back thru the cavity created and adding RTV before screwing them down was aggravating. Don't forget a tiny dab of clear RTV under the screw heads to seal the screws as water gets into the factory lights past the mounting screws it seems. First experience with an exterior light that the "bezel" was a bead of RTV. That, too was a treat making a continuous bead of RTV around the new light in a craftsmanlike manner. Good thing the POS lights are 10 feet in the air so the RTV "bezel" is not so obvious. Changing those lights was not one of my better days.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #8

Al

Dont be too hard on yourself.... ! I had all my clearance lights replaced at the factory and I am glad that few could see how they were sealed up close, because the sealant was not a beautiful job. From 5 or 6 feet away, it looked pretty good, but, not so much up close.

Gary
Old 11-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post

John Hinshaw
I got some from Amazon, they are Peterbilt style, think it’s 6 pack, you might want to use some sealer around the lenses, my 14 needed some, don’t want it to leak in hard rail. Ron
Rwpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:22 AM   #10

Oh Al.....

I am pretty sure that the Entegra Techs in Middlebury did not use RTV.... I think it was standard black silicone cauling that was used in the process. Might be wrong, but that is what it looked like.

Gary
Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a detailed photo post on what's involved changing the lights. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/side...ml#post3415720

If you do not have mechanical skills it is easier to have someone do it for you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had a couple of our amber ones go out too. Originally planned to replace them with the same ones Entegra used (from Command Electronics) but then came across the same sized lights on the Kaper II website when I was researching the side signal/running lights.

Wasn't really a fan of the Command lights that Entegra used as they were only 2 LEDs and the smoked lenses reduced the light output even more.

The ones from Kaper have 8 LEDs with the traditional amber or red lenses. Bought them with the chrome bezels and they look much nicer(imho!)

Added 3 more side signal/running lights on each side(the identical ones used by Entegra on our coach) and with the additional signal/running lights we a lot more visible now!

Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights