Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Deleted the second one, and it showed as off....guess it didn't take and somehow made it back on. Sorry I offended you. Sometimes this website, or my computer access to it, gets a little wonky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Are people not aware that they need to post their comments only once or are opinions so strong that they need to be said twice :-). :-).

Hopefully I'll say this only once...... this is the rough equivalent of the notorious stories of what used to be common behavior of American automakers in Detroit. Examples are line car assembly workers sticking their leftover lunch sacks and sandwiches in the doors of cars before the inside panels are mounted, or empty coke cans stuck somewhere in a car rather than putting them in the trash.

The kind of crap that Bob found below his drawers and junk others find under their slides is inexcusable to me. Simple sloppiness and laziness! It's not acceptable for my $350,000 motorcoach

Gary
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
After two years and 10 months, I had a wood chip appear in my bathroom vent. I guess i'll ask forgiveness from some of you folks, because I didn't see it as an issue. Like others, I pulled it out of the vent screen and discarded it...I slept well that night with my purchase. I still can't afford that Marathon Prevost that I won't find any sawdust in remote places in the coach, unfortunately.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 PM   #45

Excepting Newell and a few other very expensive coach builders, the industry seems bent on pursuing a business model built on production volume.

Things wouldn't be bad if the production debris was the only problem.

In most cases, that is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Recently, I experienced a drive in our coach without a whistle, rattle, or squeak in the front cab area.

After almost a year of pretty serious effort.

Errors should be the exception, not the rule.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:21 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I had to remove the storage drawer under the dash and above the front AquaHot register as the roller track had separated.

This is the mess I saw.

Screws, debris , bits of plastic & foam. Hopefully no dead bodies.

Who does this? Is there any supervision?
haaaa its everywhere that's not covered on ours
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:12 AM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You should see the way some manufacturers coaches come in. At least with brands like Entegra and Newmar you have to dig to find it. We recently had a unit arrive at the dealership with sawdust EVERYWHERE, gum stuck to the floor, cleaning pads laying on the floor, electrical connectors laying in the floor, etc.

We did our usual take pictures, contact our sales rep for that manufacturer and send e-mails with the pictures. As usual, they apologize and explain they don't understand how it "slipped by". Of course certain manufacturers sure seem to let a lot of this "slip by".

End the end, we at the dealership are stuck having to clean it up.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
When we took the factory tour last year, I saw and even heard shop vacs running inside of a few MH's. Hopefully the new models have "cleaned up" their act. I will look more closely when I take the tour this year.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #49

Perhaps all the sawdust and other "stuff" left behind acts as insulation and contributes to how quite Entegra's claim to be!
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote