Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Coach alarm and spin cycle

We started a load of clothes in the washer and left for lunch. We got a call from the park just after we finished eating that a neighbor had called; our alarm was going off. We hurried back to the coach and all was fine. Washer was done. Robin started another load of clothes. Shortly I realized what made our alarm go off; the coach experiences a small earthquake during the spin cycle! This was the first time we washed clothes with the alarm set. We won’t again! Glad for good neighbors!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Haha ! My DEQ actually has the sensor for the alarm right beside the washer in the left side looking at it. Try turning the sensitivity down on the sensor and see if that helps.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
Haha ! My DEQ actually has the sensor for the alarm right beside the washer in the left side looking at it. Try turning the sensitivity down on the sensor and see if that helps.

How do you do that? Guess I need to find my sensor first!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Coach alarm and spin cycle

If it’s in the same spot as mine, open the door and look beside the washer in the closet. There’s also one in under the cup holder for the passenger seat up front. I had to turn both my sensors off because if my dogs barked with the alarm set, it would go off. These are what they call “glass breakage” sensors I believe, but it seems any certain pitched sound would set off my alarm. I turned them both off using the little knob on the sensor itself. The alarm still works, just no glass break sensors. I think you can also just unplug them as well if you choose to.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
I think you can also just unplug them as well if you choose to.
Yep, got mine unplugged. Dogs barking set them off. Not worried about glass breakage when traveling, or when locked in storage. Can set the alarm for door protection, if some wants to break it - better hope we are not home.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
In our 2013 Anthem, we never set the alarm when the dogs were in the coach. Any barking set off the alarm. We figured if someone broke in and survived our 2 large German shepherds, they deserved some kinda prize. (sorry a bit off topic but I couldn’t resist)
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #7

Set off a couple of bug bombs to get rid of the Indiana stink bugs. Bug bombs set off the CO2 detector, which set off the glass breakage, which set off the mh alarm. Went back in the mh, but couldn't do anything. I did find out I can't hold my breath nearly as long as I needed to. It sure seems like a long time for the effect of the bug bombs to clear the CO2 detector and get all the alarms silenced.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #8

We woke up one morning ( S&B) Rv is parked there.. Heard strange alarms going off. Huh ? stuck head out door and heard rv waling away.. went out to it and heard front Heat pump running but also gust of wind were whipping thru the bus barn... glad to know it works..
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote