Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I've had our tanks filled while parked in TX. The qualifier is that it has to be a fixed, horizontally mounted tank - by the way, that seems to be the same in FL also. It isn't legal for them to fill vertical tanks (but I've seen it done anyway) but it should not be a problem for you to have it filled at your S&B. We were calling from a campground and all we had was a minimum charge. The per gallon price was the same as a home delivery would have been. With an almost empty tank, it wasn't any problem getting past the minimum.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I've had our tanks filled while parked in TX. The qualifier is that it has to be a fixed, horizontally mounted tank - by the way, that seems to be the same in FL also. It isn't legal for them to fill vertical tanks (but I've seen it done anyway) but it should not be a problem for you to have it filled at your S&B. We were calling from a campground and all we had was a minimum charge. The per gallon price was the same as a home delivery would have been. With an almost empty tank, it wasn't any problem getting past the minimum.
What is the most you have been able to get with the tank empty.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I never let it get all the way empty - the lowest was in the teens on the readout. The details are in the coach (I really need to computerize those records) but I think it was in the low to mid 30's. I do remember that the highest bill was in the 80's, lowest was 77. I usually fill between 15 and 20%. Hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When you ask if it is against the law a thought comes to mine, NOW understand I have not researched this and DO NOT know if it is true.

I do know there is a certification process in many states for folks who deliver propane, or who pump it into "personal" tanks.

I also know that for the truck driver,, There are many Commercial licenses, (Well endorsements) for example a driver who hauls a 40 foot box trailer full of say Pillows, Likely needs what I will call a basic truck driver's license.. One hauling flat steel may need a "Heavier vehicle"endorsement, if he's hallling multiple trailers, That's an endorsement and PROPANE needs a Haz Mat endorsement.

Just to name a few that I know of.

It may be that the delivery truck and/or the driver/operator need special certification (License) to deliver direct to an RV in a campground.

IF this is the case it may well be illegal for JOE's Propane, but not for Paul of Paul's propane to deliver to an RV.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I know from that, when we filled in FL, there was only one driver at the LP company who was certified to fill a tank mounted in an RV. In TX that didn't seem to be a factor.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
My coach was showing zero LP. I drove it over to the place that does my S&B and had it filled. We have a cold snap on the way this weekend and I did not want it to be empty. My home tank is 70% full so they will not be out here anytime soon. The tank that showed zero % on the tank gauge and the coach gauge only held 33 gallons (50 gallon tank should hold 47 gallons). That means I just barely used 5 gallons per day with mid 20's for lows and hight 30's to low 40's for highs. I wish the gauge was more accurate.

JJ
My coach read zero % on the gauge inside the bathroom and a little less than a 1/4 tank on the tank gauge per the LP guy, I didn't see it. I had no LP in the tank as my Aqua hot and stove did not "fire up". It took 33.7 gallons to fill the tank. The gauge reads 81%.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote