Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Good Sam, not Coach Net.

+1 on everything else.
I was referring to Coach Net as that is what the OP has. JMO, they both work about the same and may classify calls the same way.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
This is how they all work and it’s likely they all use the same providers in a given area.
Do you really know that this is "how they all work", or is it a supposition on your part? My experience with Coach Net leads me to believe that they do not put out bids and choose the lowest bidder. On the several occasions that I have dealt with Coach Net, they always sent me a qualified provider, and always within a couple of hours or less. Maybe Coach-Net charges more the the others for a good reason.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:17 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
I have to say we have Geico and when I had an issue I called Geico and they sent a tow truck. While still on the phone with them the tow truck company sent me a txt letting them know they were on the way. Amazing service and we did not pay a dime for the tow
Old 06-15-2021, 06:13 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Good Sam, not Coach Net.

+1 on everything else.
Reread the post, you are correct...sorry, mind and hands were not on the same page.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Good Sam, not Coach Net.

+1 on everything else.
Yeah but 8 hours? You guys are more patient than. As a result of their delay I was checking in to my next campground that night at 10 PM.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Do you really know that this is "how they all work", or is it a supposition on your part? My experience with Coach Net leads me to believe that they do not put out bids and choose the lowest bidder. On the several occasions that I have dealt with Coach Net, they always sent me a qualified provider, and always within a couple of hours or less. Maybe Coach-Net charges more the the others for a good reason.
Maybe one should ask coach net or their service provider when they sign up how a service call is handled. I was just relaying what the tow truck driver told me. If you think your provider has their own exclusive network of providers, you might want to ask them, not me!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Reread the post, you are correct...sorry, mind and hands were not on the same page.
LOL, welcome to the club! Why should you be any different?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Yeah but 8 hours? You guys are more patient than. As a result of their delay I was checking in to my next campground that night at 10 PM.
Well, the comment by Brobox made it clear that you, or anyone in your situation, should be "livid" regarding the delay. That is not a reflection of patience. What was offered was a possible explanation for the delay, not an excuse. Just speculation. End result was the same and you have every right to be angry.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Maybe one should ask coach net or their service provider when they sign up how a service call is handled. I was just relaying what the tow truck driver told me. If you think your provider has their own exclusive network of providers, you might want to ask them, not me!
Asking them is a good suggestion. What you want is not the lowest bidder, but the most appropriate provider, based on time, distance and the ability of the provider to do the job. That will often not be the "lowest bidder". My experiences with Coach Net seemed to indicate that they send "most appropriate" and not "lowest bidder". It does not require an exclusive provider network to send an appropriate provider, just a willingness to pay what it takes to get the job done right.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:57 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
I can't speak to the OP's issue of not getting service, but, I broke down a few years ago on I-75. Coach lost all power - luckily, I was at an exit and I coasted up the exit. It was a wide exit with lots of room and I coasted to a stop in a safe spot at the side.

When I called Coach Net, the FIRST question they asked me was if I was in a dangerous spot and did they need to dispatch law enforcement to the spot. I am surprised that Coach Net did not coordinate police to the OP's location. Has their training or procedures changed?

Regards.

Chuck
Old 06-16-2021, 06:19 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coach-Net has failed to do anything the two times I needed them. "We'll get right on it"..... Yea right. Both times I made more than 5 follow up calls over a 5 hour period and got ZERO responses. Big waste of money.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #40

Wow!
This is not good after paying Coach-Net for 3 more yrs.
Only used Coach-Net once for roadside
I had a flat tire in 2004 on the Massachusetts Turnpike, it took 8 hours to change the tire.
It was because the contracted truck service for the Turnpike had to come, no private mobile service was allowed. Coach-Net did cover it.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:35 AM   #41

I've used Coach-net for 2 tows and 1 maintenance issue and they were great all 3 times.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:24 AM   #42

As I've reported in another thread, I just renewed for three more years with CoachNet. However, I did have to use them just a couple weeks ago when I managed to pick up a steel rod in my passenger tag tire and I needed a mobile tire repair truck to come to my aid. I called CoachNet and I got connected with a woman who was very nice but clearly was handling her first call or maybe had been on the job a day or two.... she knew nothing about what I was concerned about, who needed to be sent, or anything. I decided to deal with this on my own instead. i got a mobile unit who does all of NIRVC's in Lewisville/Dallas tire work and paid for the repair myself ($110) and am now in the process of getting myself reimbursed.

I was amazed at the lack of knowledge of the CS person that answered the phone. Now, this was still well into COVID-19 and CoachNet may well have been having trouble keeping or employing knowledgeable people to answer the phone.... remember, this country is coming through a major disruption to almost every system that we have. This has been a "Hundred Year Mess!!!" So, my opinion is cut them a break, assume they are dealing with some limitations we may not understand, etc.

I also discovered that the woman I was talking to was in Fort Worth, TX and the company was located there. That was only about 35 miles from where I was broken down at the moment.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote