Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Assistance

EC 2 yr. warranty has recently expired and we are considering staying with Coach-Net Roadside Assistance. We have never used or spoken to them so am interested to hear from some that have.

I know this has come up a few times before. Would greatly appreciate some pros and cons or suggestions of other providers of Roadside Assistance. We currently have Progressive Ins. which They claim that their Roadside service is all we need? Thanks in advance.

Pat

Ps, Just found out we're good for another year but would still like to hear more on Coach-Net.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have had Coach Net for over 10 years now and have been towed twice. Other than a few scratches in the paint on the present rig from the light bar they hung on the back we've never had any problems. Last time the engine dropped a valve in #6 the rig was left in a truck stop over the weekend. CN said the couldn't find any towing company open. Tow truck drive said they had been open all weekend and CN just didn't want to pay the weekend callout charge.
We were only 40 miles from home so I loaded the late DW, cats and perishables into the Odyssey and got them home, then went back and stayed with the MH.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra supplies 3 years of Coach Net, so your good for another year. They sent me a notice that renewal was coming due and we upgraded to Prime for the air ambulance etc. after WaterBoy10's experience.

As for insurance companies road side, I didn't have good luck with that. They do not have the experience with Class A's and want to treat you like a car with a flat tire sitting in a safe spot.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Entegra supplies 3 years of Coach Net, so your good for another year. They sent me a notice that renewal was coming due and we upgraded to Prime for the air ambulance etc. after WaterBoy10's experience.

As for insurance companies road side, I didn't have good luck with that. They do not have the experience with Class A's and want to treat you like a car with a flat tire sitting in a safe spot.
Chuck, Thanks, I just talked with Coach Net and found out about the 3 year thing. I asked about the difference with the Basic and Premiere and they just told me about the additional coverage on other vehicles, they didn't mention air ambulance which I believe to be important.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #5

Pat

You dont have a lot of choice in this area. I also have, thankfully, not needed CoachNet so far, but with my previous coach (monaco Dynasty), I was with GoodSam and I had a SIMPLY TERRIBLE experience with them..... My opinion is that their service is essentially a sham and is worthless. if you want to know the particulars (I have written about it before on here) so dont want to repeat, but I will never again have anything to do with GoodSam's coverage. I even had one of the most frustrating and least productive talks I have ever had with the "President" of their roadside Assistance program. Worthless and no interest in anything other than their arbitrary ruling.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #6

Just to be clear when Flora got sick we used the FMCA Assist program. They booked our flight from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh and hired a driver to transport our coach back to our home. Well worth the membership in FMCA. They paid all expenses including fuel, tolls and airfare. Most likely it cost somewhere North of $4,000. I did tip the driver. As long as we have the coach we will keep our membership intact.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have had coach net since 2009... we have used them ALOT for trailer tire changes.
only once were they longer than an hour to arrive, but it was becasue we were literally in the middle of NO WHERE,.
then one time they told me where i was and it freaked me out.
always polite folks
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I think the three years of CoachNet is provided by Spartan and coincides with the chassis warranty. Doesn't really matter, but for correctness...
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
Just to be clear when Flora got sick we used the FMCA Assist program. They booked our flight from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh and hired a driver to transport our coach back to our home. Well worth the membership in FMCA. They paid all expenses including fuel, tolls and airfare. Most likely it cost somewhere North of $4,000. I did tip the driver. As long as we have the coach we will keep our membership intact.
Thank you for clarifying that for me John. It was your post that I made the call and updated. Glad to see you on the forum.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

We've had Coach Net since 2002 and had to use them for a long and expensive tow back in 2006 and for a tire blowout in 2012. Both times service was great. We just have the basic service. FMCA membership covers the extras easily enough. After my free tow that would have cost $1,800 I can easily justify the cost of Coach Net and have extended my coverage so that it will continue after my warranty expires.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #11

I used CN once, when my door latch failed...and I was locked out of my coach(in 100 degree heat)
They told me, they would a have a locksmith there within 45 minutes...got a call back and CN said it would actually be 3 to 4 hrs..before the locksmith could get there...My frustrated DW called Entegra after hrs CS..Entegra immediately had a locksmith out in 20 minutes..
This locksmith said CN had called him too, and didnt like his hourly rate..
My feeling is CN would rather see you sit along side the road for a few more hours, just to save few bucks
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

If you belong to FMCA the emergency evacustion and coach return is included in your membership. Well worth being a member just for that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
If you belong to FMCA the emergency evacustion and coach return is included in your membership. Well worth being a member just for that.
I was mistaken and already corrected, twice, thank you.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #14

Nor'easters Club
We broke down in Arizona , just over the line from NV last October. Middle of no where...in a pull off area. The first TWO TOW trucks sent were to SMALL!!!! I could barley understand the coach net person on the phone, I asked her if she understood the requirements of my coach! Both trucks wanted to pick it up by the frame suspension. I explained why that was not going to happen . It's now dark, 106 degrees, and I am told I have to stay where I am until morning.i was advised the State Police would be advised of our location...
I e mailed Joyce...I didn't know what else to do! 5:30 am Indiana time...she replied almost immediately..I receive a call later from I believe a Manager from coach net that assured me an appropriate sized truck was on the way.. it arrived soon after. i continue to be greatfull for the support I receive from Entegra.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote