Originally Posted by Gasman 2
I believe after re reading how your lights are functioning you may have the wiring connected to marker and turn signal wiring of the coach, should be ground and turn signal wiring of the coach. Thatís the reason they are flashing out of sequence.
With the markers lights off your added light is getting itís ground through the marker light circuit. With the marker light on it loses itís ground so they go off.
Your comment above put me on track:
- Spartan has labels on 2 of the 3 mid coach wires that state "Marker / Signal". I thought "great"... Spartan has figured out a way for the SCM to handle both functions through 2 conductors.
- So when I initially performed the mod I tied in some Peterbilt style LED marker lights into to the pair labeled by Spartan as "Marker / Signal"
- This resulted in the markers functioning as signals AND markers as long as the markers were on. The signal flashers were 180 degrees out of sync with the front and rear signals
- This was acceptable to me, UNTIL I realized this wiring resulted in a back feed to the camera controller. This caused the rear view camera to take full control of the top monitor anytime the markers / headlights were on, unless I turned the Xcite head unit "rear view" setting OFF. I am not sure how that happened, but it did.
- I have now rewired, bringing all 3 Spartan wires (signal, ground, and marker) to the edge of the mid coach where they will plug into the lights.
- I used the same weatherproof plugs Spartan uses, but this time 3 wire plugs, not 2 wires plugs as was used last time
- After much research I have found some LED lights that look good and will function as markers as well as signals (three wire)
- Until the new lights come in (about 2 weeks) I am using only 2 wires in the 3 wire plug, and the mid coach lights function as signals only, not markers (side signals are mandatory in my opinion)
- When the new lights come in my new mid coach LEDs will function as markers AND signals, using the Spartan wiring
- The camera controller now functions as it should
- Also, the mirror lights function as both markers and signals, no issue there
Thanks for your comment Richard, you may not have realized it when you posted it but it solved both the side marker / signal mod as well as my camera problems.