RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Coach Slideout Remote

We are new owners of a 2018 Cornerstone and I believe that certain years/models of Entegra came with a remote control for operation of the slides. This could be very helpful when you are in a tight spot and you want to extend your slides from outside the coach. Does anyone have a remote and did the Ď18 Cornerstone have a remote? Any other option for operating the slides from outside the coach?
nwgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Our '18 Anthem did not. DW pushes the buttons while I go out and watch. Once we got the wording figured out, works pretty well.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Does the 18 have a phone app for the Vega Touch? I believe that was the year of the $100. app that will be a remote of the Vega Touch. The 19 started the year of the $14.99 app that does everything the Vega Touch does.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
Our '18 Anthem did not. DW pushes the buttons while I go out and watch. Once we got the wording figured out, works pretty well.
There are RF controllers out there that work....I have one for slide and one for my flag pole...
Old 09-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgreen2 View Post
We are new owners of a 2018 Cornerstone and I believe that certain years/models of Entegra came with a remote control for operation of the slides. This could be very helpful when you are in a tight spot and you want to extend your slides from outside the coach. Does anyone have a remote and did the Ď18 Cornerstone have a remote? Any other option for operating the slides from outside the coach?
Back about 2014 Entegras did have a slide remote.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Back about 2014 Entegras did have a slide remote.

My 17 Insignia came with a remote.
May want to call Entegra CS and give them the last 8of your vin and they would be able to tell you what and where.

Joe
FLOWERSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOWERSS View Post
May want to call Entegra CS and give them the last 8of your vin and they would be able to tell you what and where.

Joe
The 2018 cornerstone has the Vega touch. It doesnít have an Entegra supplied remote.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #8

Our '17 aspire has a remote.
Oddly I never use it.
I really should.
Maybe if I velcro it to the outside TV wall, like I did with the awning remote, I'll remember to use it.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Mike doesn't work well. You have to stand in one particular spot or it doesn't work at all. I've played with the receiver antenna but it didn't make much difference.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #10

My 2012 Aspire has a slide remote and it works well with good range. Not long after I bought the coach the driver's side slide relay failed. The slide controller board was a "Rev A" board. It did not have good range with the remote. The replacement "Rev C" board came with a new remote and it works well with good range. I prefer to be near the slides to watch and listen. On the 2012, the rear slide rocker switches are in the 1/2 bath and it was hard to observe and listen when the two rear slides were moving.
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #11

My rear slide switches are also in the half bath.

I can watch them from inside to see if they stop but can't see if they hit anything.

I try to ensure when I stop that they are clear.

I really need to start using that remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
My 2012 Aspire has a slide remote and it works well with good range. Not long after I bought the coach the driver's side slide relay failed. The slide controller board was a "Rev A" board. It did not have good range with the remote. The replacement "Rev C" board came with a new remote and it works well with good range. I prefer to be near the slides to watch and listen. On the 2012, the rear slide rocker switches are in the 1/2 bath and it was hard to observe and listen when the two rear slides were moving.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I always use the remote to operate the slides. 9 times out of 10 Iím outside directing Rick when we pull into a spot. That gives me a chance to check for obstacles for the slides. (That 10th time means I do a walk around.) I use the remote because then I can keep an eye on the dogs while they are operating. One of the few things they have been almost successfully trained to do (sigh) is to sit on the couch or co-pilot seat while the slides are operating. Most of the time they are really good at staying there but our newest traveler sometimes decides he needs a drink and starts trying to walk around. Using the remote lets me watch him and still pay attention to the slide movement. Imagine it would work the same if we were traveling with kids.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOWERSS View Post

Joe
Same here.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:13 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
If a MH has Vega Touch, it will not have a slide remote. The Vega Touch app replaces the slide remote.

If the MH does not have Vega Touch, it will have a slide remote.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, slide, slideout