Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #1

CoachNet and Entegra - Some clarity

A couple days ago, I started a thread about what might be some misunderstanding about the coverage we have on our coaches. As it evolved, it appeared I might be misunderstanding some issues and I asked the moderators to pull and close the thread until I could straighten it out. I have done that.

The coverage you get from Entegra is a three year BASIC CoachNet policy (not one year). The policy that is provided with a new coach is for a class of service that is called BASIC. The problem, and what I was confused about, is that if you go to CoachNet's web page to check what your policy coverage is, what is shown is NOT basic coverage, but what CoachNet calls Premier coverage. There is no mention of there being two tiers of coverage, only Premier. However, Premier coverage covers more people, more vehicles, and with a lot more services. BASIC covers only your coach (not your toad). I'm doing this now from memory .... it covers your coach, access to on-line tech consult, all towing, roadside travel assist, lock-out, and winching. However, your coverage does not include all the rest of the list of services that are then included on their web page list.... those services are provided only with the Premier level of service. So you get the BASIC for three years on a new coach.

So I have been getting bills now for at least two years, and the best guess is that after my three years on my Anthem (which I got rid of at 3 years) they started billing me to continue service. I have been paying that continuation on a coach that I no longer own and thought I was being billed for my Cornerstone coverage after one year. That is the only explanation that we can determine. What we know is that I was in the computer twice.... for my Anthem and my Cornerstone.

So, be aware of your coverage. I had not gotten separate road service for my cars and truck because I thought I already had it since I thought the coverage I had from Entegra was the Premier coverage. I isn't.. Entegra provides only BASIC. So, I cancelled my duplicate policy on the coach I no longer owned (Anthem) -- , and am going to add roadside coverage for my cars and my wife driving cars to my auto policy.

Hope that clears up the issue....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Not that this concerns me, 2014 Anthem, but this was very good follow-up and posting.
Thank you.
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #3

This is pretty much how I have always understood the coverage. I thought it was all explained in the paperwork as I remember
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I don’t really understand the confusion, I guess Entegra could do better explaining the coverage but it does have an explanation about the coverage on their web sight.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #5

Gary

All I have seen on Entegra's web site is a notation that they provide 3 years of CoachNet coverage. Is there something more that you can refer me to? If not, then now go to CoachNet and look at what they say is their coverage. Their list of coverage is very different from what you actually get as part of BASIC coverage..... which is not even discussed on CoachNet's web page.

Maybe there is a more extensive listing on Entegra's page than I have seen. I may not be looking at the right place.

Gary
Old 07-11-2020, 05:47 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,
We were told up front that the provided CoachNet coverage was basic. We moved our Premier coverage from our old coach to the new one right away, and have continued to pay it every year. I tried to answer the first posting but it was already closed for comments.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #7

Thanks for that information Goldie....

Either I have had a massive memory dump, or maybe a tumor growing, but I am quite sure that the issue of the CoachNet coverage was never explained to me or Dee beyond us knowing that we had "CoachNet coverage". Now, maybe I didn't read something in the satchel of manuals, but I was pretty good at trying to read all the important stuff. Now, I found the owner's manual gotten with the coach so uninformative about a whole bunch of stuff (compared to my Monaco Dynasty Owners Manual) that I sort of gave up.... it was mostly "legalese" absolving Entegra of a thousand legal liabilities.

I was so impressed that I was getting all the things listed on CoachNets webpage that I never picked up roadside coverage for my cars until a couple weeks ago.... I have been lucky because I didn't have any coverage for Dee or roadside on the toad (the only car she drives) or my F-1590.

Gary
Old 07-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #8

Didn’t it seem strange you were getting and paying a bill for something that came free with your coach?
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #9

Yes, it was.... thus my trying to figure it out when I didnt have the coverage that I thought. I got the bill and I paid it.

Gary
Old 07-11-2020, 07:52 PM   #10

Gary, you weren't the only one to receive a bill for coverage that was paid by Entegra. We bought our coach in 8/17, and I received this bill in August of '18:

"Your Coach-Net Membership will expire on 8/28/2018. To continue coverage and avoid interruption in your services, Renew Today!"

I thought I recalled "3 years free coverage" being part of our benefits, and contacted Coachnet. The rep said they just copied me on a billing that went to Entegra, and to disregard. Same thing happened last year.

I do agree it is weird some of us are billed for coverage that Entegra is responsible for.
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
CoachNet and Entegra - Some clarity

This is from Entegra’s website. Not a lot of detail but it does give you the idea.
[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	292836  
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #12

Bob

That is essentially what happened to me..... and why I thought that it was a one year freebee from Entegra. Unlike you, I just paid it when I got it.

This is the reason that I thought that it might be a worthwhile thread for this forum.... wonder how many other people are paying for something they dont need.

J.H. thanks for that screen shot.... guess that I never looked at that. What I did was go to CoachNets web page to see what I had in my coverage, and since they only talk about their more expensive coverage (and it covers a whole bunch of stuff that would be worthless to me except for covering all drivers and all vehicles which was a plus) I assumed that was what I was getting from Entegra. That assumption cost me hundreds of dollars... so I learned a good lesson.

Gary
Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Gary, plus 10%!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:08 AM   #14

Yah, Yah, I know.... How about I will ply you with high quality wine or cocktails when we next find ourselves in close proximity?

Gary

Tags
entegra