Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #1

Coachnet - Do you really know what you have????

I bought CoachNet one year after I bought my 2015 Anthem and got a free year of CoachNet gratis from Entegra. I had GoodSams service for my previous Monaco Dynasty and was not impressed at all with GoodSams. At the end of the first year with CoachNet, I renewed my subscription and did that for two more years. Then I bought a 2019 Cornerstone, and was happy to once again get a free year of Coachnet with the new coach and I renewed it this past May for another year. Thankfully, I have never needed it until about two weeks ago. I was very happy with the coverage. If you go to Coach-Net.com and examine your coverage, you will quickly see you get a LOT of COVERAGE for not a lot of money ($106 I think it is). A few of the things are.... "Coverage includes Member, spouse and dependent children ages 24 and under, and all other personal vehicles owned, rented, borrowed or leased.", "RV technical assistance, Unlimited Towing, unlimited Tire assistance, and unlimited roadside fluids, dead battery starts, unlimited mobile mechanic, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Fantastic! I think you will look long and hard to find that good a coverage with anyone else. So I have been very happy.

A couple weeks ago, I forgot to turn off the Honda engine before towing the car home and the Honda went into "Lock-out I've Been Stolen Mode" (See my other thread about that "discovery" that is up here in the past week). So, no problem, I have lock out coverage from CoachNet so gave them a call. Guess what? I was informed that I DID NOT have lock out coverage for my Honda or any of the other coverages that CoachNet advertises. The reason is that coach manufacturers such as Entegra (and I assume others) do not really provide the CoachNet services that show up on the CoachNet web page. In fact, you and I cannot buy the service that we get from Entegra when we extend coverage beyond the year, because Entegra gets a special "cheap / stripped down version" of CoachNets coverage, which an owner can not even buy if they wanted it, unless you simply renew for the same level of coverage. However, the web page makes no distinction between what is called the Basic coverage and the regular (premium coverage) which is the only coverage offered on the CoachNet web page.

I have carefully examined the CoachNet offerings when it came time to renew and examined all the services available for the only type of service I knew existed (the ones on the web page) and never understood why I would want to pay ~$60 more to get the higher grade service because I already had everything I thought I would need. Well, WRONG. If you simply continue the coverage you get from Entegra you only cover your coach, nothing else and no one else. You and the coach, that's all. So, I have been misunderstanding what I have bought for 6 years now, and thought you might be misunderstanding what you have also. Today I upgraded my CoachNet service to include the services that I have assumed I already had today for an additional $60/year... Maybe I am the only one that didn't understand that. .... .... Now you do.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #2

A good friend of mine (Ditto) has been texting me and talking to me about whether I understand this situation accurately. He pointed me to a place on the Entegra page which says there is 3 years of roadside coverage. From talking to three different people at CoachNet, they said that my coverage for my new Cornerstone was for 1 year and it was for BASIC service only, which includes on the coach, not the toad. So there is confusion somewhere and I dont know what is accurate.

I will explore this more with Entegra and NIRVC to make sure that my understanding is correct or not. I'll fill you in. I know I have been getting billed for continuation of BASIC service both for this Cornerstone and for my previous Anthem and have been paying for it for years, but maybe CoachNet has been taking me for a ride, or Entegra has changed their policy without changing their web page.

Gary
Old 07-08-2020, 09:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
A good friend of mine (Ditto) has been texting me and talking to me about whether I understand this situation accurately. He pointed me to a place on the Entegra page which says there is 3 years of roadside coverage. From talking to three different people at CoachNet, they said that my coverage for my new Cornerstone was for 1 year and it was for BASIC service only, which includes on the coach, not the toad. So there is confusion somewhere and I dont know what is accurate.

I will explore this more with Entegra and NIRVC to make sure that my understanding is correct or not. I'll fill you in. I know I have been getting billed for continuation of BASIC service both for this Cornerstone and for my previous Anthem and have been paying for it for years, but maybe CoachNet has been taking me for a ride, or Entegra has changed their policy without changing their web page.

Gary

My understanding of all this was Entegra uses Coachnet to handle some of their support requirements for warranty issues. It's really for Entegra / Spartan not you.

I maintained my old Coachnet plan right on through and have all of the features and goodies you mentioned above as well as a couple more. They rescued our last coach twice and our cars twice since we first got them some years ago. I have zero complaints with Coachnet and they have always provided the service I pay for. When it comes to getting the job done they do and they follow up to make sure it got done right.

Thank god I haven't needed them yet for this Cornerstone, but they'll be there if I do, and I know they'll rescue our cars regardless of who's driving them if need be.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:10 PM   #4

My cars and towd have their own towing insurance [about $12 a year extra]. My coach has the $99 a year Coach-Net policy and it includes tech support, towing etc., which only covers the coach. Been towed twice in the last 10 years with no problems.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:52 AM   #5

I am now going to spend the morning trying to figure out where I am getting the wrong information. It is quite possible I have been getting free coverage as part of my Entegra purchase and also paying for coverage simultaneously.... maybe I am in the computer twice. Im now completely confused as to what is accurate information and what is not.

When I get this fully understood and everyone agrees, I will publish a new thread and reduce the confusion.

Gary
Closed Thread