Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #15

In contact with CS. 2 calls from them today. Taking coach to local aquahot service center to trouble shoot. At this point it looks like a kinked hose restricting flow to one of the front registers or ???.
We'll see what happens tonight when temps dip to 6 degrees.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Has to be something with the circulation. My propane system for heat and the floors on gas can't be set above 68, or we roast.

I would also check the seals around your slides to make sure they are properly sealing when extended. Sometimes all of mine don't quite get set when the slide are extended full.

Buy a heater, really?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:55 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
On our Classic anthem running the diesel burner keeps us toasty. A couple years ago we purchased a small Dyson heater so we don’t have to run the diesel burner when in a park. Combine that with the fireplace and we stay nice and toasty plus save diesel fuel.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
We use a small vortex heater and the fireplace. Very seldom will our gas heat kick on, I prefer to use park power. We have the 400LP and only use a tank a year and we live 6 months a year in the coach.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Another thing you can do is retract a slide or three..ie: small the interior volume, easier to maintain interior heat..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
I *thought* we had a similar problem when driving our coach home in February after purchasing it. While I knew the AquaHot system since we traded out of our '15 Allegro Bus, I didn't know the Vegatouch system. Turns out, the Vegatouch heat & air page was set to "Schedule" with lower temp settings after something like 10 or 11pm, rather than manual, so our heat was cutting back just like it was programmed to do based on the operating schedule. Hopefully, your issue will be very similar... make sure your "Manual" button is selected if you're looking for constant temps throughout the night.
Verifyied we are set on manual
Old 10-29-2019, 06:04 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Verifyied we are set on manual

Is your zone 2 floor heat turned on? Use an infrared heat gun to check temp at each register when air is blowing and various places on the floor. If you don’t have one they are common and someone parked near you probably has one.

Another thing to try is closing the dashboard vents.

If your aqua hot is running on diesel and you are getting hot shower water you should have hot air coming out of all registers. The floor won’t get hot but will get warmer than if not heated.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:05 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
In contact with CS. 2 calls from them today. Taking coach to local aquahot service center to trouble shoot. At this point it looks like a kinked hose restricting flow to one of the front registers or ???.
We'll see what happens tonight when temps dip to 6 degrees.
Sharing my experience when my Aqua Hot did not work. The flow was blocked in the fluid loop elbow located in the wheel well under the drivers seat. Mine was packed full stopping the flow. That was pointed out to me by someone else that had the same problem since new. His was construction debris mine was after a couple of years, caused from another problem. Might want to mention that to the tech, it may save a lot of time, it's not that hard to get to.

BTW, the hot water and zone 3 worked fine. I did not have any flow to zone 1, 2 or the floor.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #23

Another night of temps in the mid teens. Still could not get the front of the coach above 61 degrees. Entegra CS is aware of issue and is working with us for a fix of whatever is going on. Next stop will be a certified AquaHot service center.
I was able to check the temp of air coming out of all vents and they all were at 140+ degrees. The one problem I think is an issue is the lack of air flow (very weak) from the front vent (bottom of dash under the small drawer).
I am getting all green lights from the panel behind the aquahot fixture and the pumps seem to be working. Tech will confirm this
Old 10-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
You might remove that drawer and make sure "stuff" has not fallen out of the drawer when you open it. I found many gas receipts, inspection papers and other things that get thrown in there when full and my be blocking the air flow?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
You might remove that drawer and make sure "stuff" has not fallen out of the drawer when you open it. I found many gas receipts, inspection papers and other things that get thrown in there when full and my be blocking the air flow?
Yes, crossed my mind as well. All is clear.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #26

Is the front pointed into the wind?

Our Aspire will show a differential in temps up between the front seats when it gets cold, especially if the wind is blowing on the windshield.

The floor heat seems to do a better job of keeping everything consistent up front, but it can take up to 24 hrs for it to fully heat up the tile.

Like others have said, bottom line you have something not quite right. The Aqua Hot can run us right out of the coach even when the temps drop into the single digits with wind. I laid in bed one night listening to the Aqua Hot when it was windy and single digits. With all four zones active, the Aqua Hot wasn't even cycling at 50% to keep the temperature where we wanted it.

FYI, do you have a front fireplace and is it running? I have found the fireplace can raise the temperature by the front thermostat enough, that the front zone doesn't run enough. We end up with a cool spot up front, then warm, then cool again as you get back by the kitchen when we run the fireplace too much when it's that cold.

Of course a floor fan does a great job of evening the temps out if you place it in the hallway blowing on low toward the front.

If you are going to leave when it is still in the 30's or below, I would raise the front shades at least a half hour before departure and place a fan on the steering wheel to blow warm air on the windshield. Not only does it remove any fogging on the windshield, but it will be warm enough to not fog until the heater gets to temp so you defroster can keep it clear. Let's just say it's not fun driving these things when the windshield fogs over as you leave the campground.

As others suggested, watch the toppers when you close up if it's still cold. With a quick freeze up after some rain I've found the toppers will freeze even if there isn't snow on it. Then they don't roll up properly. In our case we had to turn the coach around and wait for the sun to warm the toppers enough that they would roll up properly.

Steve
Old 10-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #27

Quote:
We have been getting down to the low teens the last couple of nights and the next 2 nights are suppose to get down into the single digits. So far the aqua hot system has not been able to keep up with the set temps of 65 degrees. AquaHot runs 24/7 only getting coach to 62 degrees. Last night I turned on fireplace to help out when front of coach got down to 59 degrees.

A bit concerned when tonights temp drops to around 6 degrees.

Any suggestions?

Seems our coach is'nt made for really cold weather. Just had aquahot serviced with new nozzle and filter, this past month. This is first time we've had our 2019 Anthem in cold weather.
Drive to Florida.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I wonder how difficult it would be for an OEM to check this stuff before they send the "new" coach out? A little customer service training could help as well.

Customer service; " Go buy a space heater..... "

Sad state of affairs IMO.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather