Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Compact wireless printer that works with Mac's

Hello,
Can anyone suggest a compact wireless printer with scanner that works with Mac’s? We will be traveling and would like to find something that we can store easily. Thank you for any feedback.

Tim
14 Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Apple provides a short description of "Air Print" and then lists compatible manufacturers models at this link: AirPrint Basics
Old 04-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I've had very good luck with the Canon Pixma series. We've currently got an MX922, which does a great job on wireless printing and scanning. Will even scan duplex (double sided). But I'm not sure it's going to be "compact" enough for you.

We're an all-Apple household. Two iMacs, one MBA, one MBP, two iPads, two iPhones.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #4

We have used Canon for years as Consumer reports rates them highly and are never problematic.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfmorgan View Post
Apple provides a short description of "Air Print" and then lists compatible manufacturers models at this link: AirPrint Basics
Good advice! Also look at cnet.com for reviews. If color isn't important, you might look at laser printers. The ink is less likely to dry out over long periods of storage.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We're an all-Apple family and have been very happy with an Epson NX430 All-In-One wireless printer that we have installed in our coach. I like to go by user reviews and rely on Amazon quite often. There a few models of the NX4xx's that you can consider and all have good user feedback.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
We're an all-Apple family and have been very happy with an Epson NX430 All-In-One wireless printer that we have installed in our coach. I like to go by user reviews and rely on Amazon quite often. There a few models of the NX4xx's that you can consider and all have good user feedback.
Same here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-521240376.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	60165

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #8

All HP printers work with Apples Air Print. I have a Photo smart 5520; scan, copy, print. It fit nicely in one of the under seat drawers of the booth in our first coach and fits in the computer station on our current coach with room to spare.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I'm using an Epson XP-610 with my Mac/Ipads/Iphones right now. It has AirPrint and is small in size. I'll be moving it into our new Anthem once it arrives.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #10
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Cornerstone View Post
Hello,
Can anyone suggest a compact wireless printer with scanner that works with Mac’s? We will be traveling and would like to find something that we can store easily. Thank you for any feedback.

Tim
I use Canon MP 280. It's not wireless but fits nicely in an overhead compartment. Easily fits in the table area along with the 13" Mac book Pro.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #12

We just bought a Canon PIXMA series printer and it works well. This one was about $100 and there is an hp model that is about the same price and with similar features. When I started the installation, I found that the installation disk was for Windows products only. Had to download the driver set which took an hour or so as it was 3-4 hundred Meg's. That was an unwanted drain on my data plan, but I suppose the hp has a similar setup. Took about three minutes to install the drivers on an old XP based laptop. As with most lower end ink jet printers, the replacement cartridge set will cost nearly the same as the new price of the printer. Maybe when this one goes dry I will donate it to charity, wright it off and buy new.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We use a Canon Pixma MG5320. It works with our Windows computers as well as our ipads and smart phones, all wireless. The picture quality is great as well as all printed material. It is compact and since it is wireless, we can place it anywhere we please in the motorhome. We have been using remanufactured ink cartridges from LD Products with great success. Excellent pricing and free shipping with orders over a certain amount. Highly recommend LD Products.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Many Great suggestions. We use a HP similar to all above. Three in one printer so the copy feature comes in handy also. I keep it in a top cabinet, never pull it out, just extend the extension cord down to a outlet and turn on when we want to use it. When done, unplug and close the cabinet door. Used alot in Branson when printing show tickets and information.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote