Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #1

Company changes

FYI, this is information I requested from my salesmen.
Let me try to answer some of these questions,

Entegra terminated their Lead Entegra Designer; This is in-correct, we did not terminate any Engineers or Lead Designers
Entegra reduced their workforce by 1/3rd; See next comment…
Entegra cut production to 10 a week (from 18); We did cut back production from 13 1/2 units a week to 10, hence the reduction in workforce.
Entegra terminated Shaun Huxford (who was the lead on the quality part of production); Shaun was a manager over production, purchasing, and engineering. He was over the quality also, but not the lead person inspecting units.
Entegra got rid of the Pre Delivery Inspection process in their factory; This is not true. They were still doing this when I was at the factory 2 weeks ago.
Entegra has stopped all Quality Assurance meetings with production; This has been discussed as it was losing the importance of the meetings. This may have happened. The new person in-charge may have a different way to relate this information back to production.
Entegra has no plans to improve the part availability issue; This is not true, we just doubled the warehouse for the parts distribution.
And all of this was because Entegra really DID force Tadd out ... I have heard this from both ways. Tadd wanted a particular reporting schedule, and this was the only way he wanted to work there. So when this changed, he would put in his notice. They changed it, and so Tadd decided to move on.

So you can see, we have had changes, not all because of Tadd, but because of business.

Best regards,
Carl
nella1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #2

Thanks for the info: AND hopefully no comments need to be made as I don't think we should go back down the road of how bad/good things are going on at Entegra!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I'll bet everything is going along just fine at Entegra. I would be more interested to hear how the sales went at the Tampa show.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mirrors what I had posted on the other thread which came from high up in the company. The sky IS NOT falling (comments from me, your resident cheerleader as I have recently been referred to; yuck!).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know what the show sales were but I can report that the display area at Tampa was VERY busy. As for sales, some people will want to price compare with other dealers before buying, so they may be buyers, but not buying at the show from Lazydays.

The Entegra appreciation dinner was amazing. The facility was filled to its capacity of 500 people and was sold out in November, so there would have been more people there if only the room were bigger. The top executives of both Jayco and Thor spoke on various subjects. Some things that were said completely contradict many of the rumors or fears written elsewhere on this web forum. They told us that the 2-year warranty will not be changed. The 2-year PDI will not be eliminated but will be clarified or defined (I forget the language used).

Key people Chuck Lasley, Joyce Skinner, & Pat Carrol will not only remain at Entegra, but their role has been changed from serving all of Jayco's motorized products to serving Entegra only.

With the exception of Tadd Jenkins, I saw all the same people as before, and the family feeling is still very much in evidence. The talk is still strongly oriented toward customer focus and support. I got a very good feeling about the future of Entegra.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #6

I will just say that the first post is not entirely accurate and does not paint a true picture. I will leave it at that because I agree we need to move forward. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Nice report Mark. Kind of what I expected to hear about the diner and the show.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post

Key people Chuck Lasley, Joyce Skinner, & Pat Carrol will not only remain at Entegra, but their role has been changed from serving all of Jayco's motorized products to serving Entegra only.

With the exception of Tadd Jenkins, I saw all the same people as before, and the family feeling is still very much in evidence. The talk is still strongly oriented toward customer focus and support. I got a very good feeling about the future of Entegra.

This was our first opportunity to see & hear from many of the top people at EC. As a newer member of the family, I was impressed with the effort being put forth to cater to the needs and wishes of owners. From Mary at the service write up desk to Mr. B, everybody I spoke to was willing to listen and seemed to genuinely care about their customers. In the recent past we had a Newmar & a WBGO, and I never saw this level of involvement from the company as does EC. OBTW, I'm getting excellent care from my dealer-NIRVC- as well, but that is for a different thread.
Bottom line- I'm happy with my choice of EC and can only hope they continue caring for and about the customer as they strive for market share. Cudos to Pat Carroll for his owner input sessions, too 😃.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I'll bet everything is going along just fine at Entegra. I would be more interested to hear how the sales went at the Tampa show.
According to a key person from Entegra that was at the show, who I talked with while at Entegra service today. The total count was a solid 23, possibly 25.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #10

Sorry to interject... but which show is bigger, Tampa or Hershey ?

Specifically looking at EC's presence..

Thank you
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
According to a key person from Entegra that was at the show, who I talked with while at Entegra service today. The total count was a solid 23, possibly 25.
Little bit different circumstances but didn't the Perry GA rally yield over 60? Talked to a new Anthem buyer at the show who was told they wouldn't close his unit to traffic even after signing the papers...wasn't aware that such a courtesy was ever denied.

Like Ed, newer member of the EC family and likewise impressed by everything I saw and heard at Tampa. And everybody gets their cheese moved from time to time; isn't necessarily a bad thing.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe suggests that the baby boomer RV sales are finally slowing down; question is, is that a surprise???!!! JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #13

I suggest that there have been some revelations and statements that are not carved stone, and there are many things behind the kimono(s) that are unknown.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:48 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
The Tampa Supershow was a super success. We more than doubled our attendance among the campers with 73 coaches. We had about 500 at the Entegra dinner on Wednesday. On Thursday, Lazy Days provided the meats, buns, and all the fixins' for a cookout and we estimated 200+ in attendance. Lazy Days had a remarkable return in the Entegra booth, selling 23+ coaches. Many of those buyers attended the cookout and talked at length with current Entegra owners. We didn't have rain or cold, but did have High winds on Sunday. Next year we would like to double our attendance again.

The owners club thanks Lazy Days for their kind support and generosity. A good time was had by all.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote