Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2021, 07:51 AM   #29

Mark

Just FYI, I have owned two Entegra coaches (15 Anthem, 19 Cornerstone) and live in and travel in Louisiana and I have never had a condensation problem like yours. That could be because we live differently, or different conditions, or maybe build of the coach. I am just guessing but wonder if you do still have a leak and you just have not found it, or maybe insulation was left out of that area that should be there.

And a minor note, but the places that look for leaks professionally (as a business) often use the opposite process.... they try to increase the air pressure inside the coach while spraying a thin coat of soapy water on the area in question outside and see if they see bubbles forming where there is the passage of the air.

And you know, my, and probably your, primary concern is the build-up of mold and mildew in your coach between the walls. This is the sort of problem that a good dealer or Middlebury will tackle under warranty. If you are still under warranty, I'd be documenting the problem with Entegra CS soon.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2021, 05:18 AM   #30

OP update

As was anticipated and typical, Entegra immediately stepped up and offered remedy to our condensation issue. They also do not have a problem with me taking steps to correct it myself as our service appointment is not until May. They indicated although there have not been any additional complaints regarding condensation in the area above the door, they have had numerous leaks develop in that area and want to be sure this is not the case for us.

Once again, this was exactly the response I expected based upon our almost 5 year history with the company. We have owned both a pre and post Thor coach and our concerns have been handled with the same great customer service in both instances.
2BMobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BMobl View Post
We began to experience water dripping from the inside top of the door frame onto the steps below on our '20 Anthem. Pic 1 and 2. My initial thought was a leak from either the trim strip just above the door awning or the awning itself. Despite a thorough re-caulking the water reappeared a few days later. I then removed the door and inner panel of the cabinet above the door. Pic 3 and 4. The exposed fiberglass of the front cap was dripping wet with condensation. We had this same issue on our '17 Aspire, however it was the front inside of the cap and the water dripped onto the dash from the overhead liner. I think the factory has since taken steps to eliminate condensation from occurring in this area. It woud appear they need to extend these efforts to at least the door side of the cap and I suspect, most likely, both sides. Admitedly we have just experienced a worst case scenerio for condensation. Rain, meaning high humidity, and extremely large and rapid temperature drops. So much so the inside of the windshield was condensing copious amounts of water. Anyone else having, or had, this problem? What remedy did you employ? I'm considering some spray foam as simply batt insulating the area without a vapor barrier won't accomplish a fix.

Oh Yes... The condensation issue arises again in the winter months.
Do you keep your ceiling vent cracked open a bit? This helps to dispel some of the humidity. Next, use a small dehumidifier. (https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=small+d...ss_ts-a-p_1_11)
Check your cabinets. We have condensation along the top edges where the aluminum frame is covered by the wall board. I have put 1" x 1/8" foam insulating tape over these areas. This helps greatly.
I hope you can resolve your problem soon. Mold will start to grow if this is not addressed aggressively.
Happy trails.
Rick Y
Old 01-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #32

Lower the humidity during winter months. Cheap & easy way is to get DampRid or similar product. They really do work well (usually collects water you dump out). Some are disposable, some refillable. Many (of course) r available on Amazon and may be in local hardware stores.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
This will solve your problems...https://smile.amazon.com/hOmeLabs-De...-garden&sr=1-2
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BMobl View Post
We began to experience water dripping from the inside top of the door frame onto the steps below on our '20 Anthem. Pic 1 and 2. My initial thought was a leak from either the trim strip just above the door awning or the awning itself. Despite a thorough re-caulking the water reappeared a few days later. I then removed the door and inner panel of the cabinet above the door. Pic 3 and 4. The exposed fiberglass of the front cap was dripping wet with condensation. We had this same issue on our '17 Aspire, however it was the front inside of the cap and the water dripped onto the dash from the overhead liner. I think the factory has since taken steps to eliminate condensation from occurring in this area. It woud appear they need to extend these efforts to at least the door side of the cap and I suspect, most likely, both sides. Admitedly we have just experienced a worst case scenerio for condensation. Rain, meaning high humidity, and extremely large and rapid temperature drops. So much so the inside of the windshield was condensing copious amounts of water. Anyone else having, or had, this problem? What remedy did you employ? I'm considering some spray foam as simply batt insulating the area without a vapor barrier won't accomplish a fix.
I know exactly the conditions you describe that lead to this problem. We have similar issues with the windshield and driver windows and sometimes other windows condensing copious amounts of water after a weather change. We don't have the water dripping problems though.

Warm, humid (maybe even need air conditioning) weather followed by a cold front. We just had a similar event.

It is a good idea to get an indoor humidity monitor so you can keep track of what's going on.

Our indoor RH was about 50% during the warm weather. When the temperature started falling outside the humidity went up to as much as 66% for a few hours. That's when the condensation happens. The cooler air inside can't hold as much moisture. Windows and un-insulated places are below the indoor dew point. Starting the heat pumps aggravates the problem on the first run because the evaporators (now condensers) are soaking wet from previous air conditioning duty. Now they are heating and all this moisture is evaporated and added to the coach humidity.

As others have pointed out, opening a vent or window during this transition period helps. Even cold humid air will be drier as it is warmed up inside the coach. In a really big temperature swing, I open cabinet doors and check for condensation in cool places until things have had time to settle down.

Our humidity has fallen from the mentioned high of 66% to a more normal 48% now. During most of that drop it was raining out with near 100% humidity and near 40 degrees. I expect it to drop more to less than 40% since the rain has stopped. We were cooking and stuff inside too. We always vent the shower humidity in cold weather too.

It takes a day or two to readjust to the new conditions, then everything is good again. Maybe they can install some insulation and vapor barriers to stop the condensation in your cap area.
Mudstream is offline   Reply With Quote