Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Considering getting a 2020 Entegra Anthem

Recently retired. In preparation, sold our 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune and got a new 2017 Tiffin Red. Was very happy until we recently started doing 1-2 month trips. Will do longer as we fully transition to retired state of mind. We are finding that it would sure be nice in many ways to get a larger coach. Also tired of getting blown around every time a semi or a 44+' coach blows by me.

We have found a 2020 Anthem 44 that is incredible. We like its layout and features better than Tiffin. Theater seats are incredible! Yes I will get hammered on my Tiffin trade. Bad decision on my part to go smaller. Oh well.

I know Tiffins and Holiday Ramblers, I don't know Entegra. I have read on this board there are a lot of radiator problems on Entegra coaches 2017 and older....and concerns on how Spartan is handling this.

As Entegra owners, how would you compare Entegra Anthem quality to a comparable Tiffin? Any thing else you could guide me on regarding Entegra's as we try to make this decision. They are beautiful coaches. As a Saints fan, it helps that this coach's colors match the Saints

Thank you!
BeachedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2015 Aspire and we are happy with our decisions 5 years post. The radiator issues I believe have been resolved as Entegra/Spartan has changed vendors. Our radiator was replaced under warranty. All new coaches will have issues, I will say Entegra’s 2 year warranty is great. Highly recommend really using your coach while it is under warranty to work out all the issues. The Aspire is our first and last rv as we plan keeping it till we run out of gas. I recommend you read the Tiffin forum as well, however as a note of caution when you read this forum you maybe get the wrong impression about the quality of the Entegra’s. This forum tends to have a lot of members who like to repair their coaches themselves, so you will see a lot sharing of detailed information and a-lot of shared operational knowledge systems. Happy research and travels.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:11 AM   #3

I have not owned a tiffin, so I can not compare them. But the 2 year warranty/AIR is worth the price of admission. We love our Anthem!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If you see my thread "5 years ago today" here, you will see that the majority of Entegra owners are very, very pleased with the product. BTW ... Spartan changed radiator suppliers, so I don't think you have to worry about that problem. Both Spartan and Entegra do step up to the plate the majority of the time something is wrong. Go for it! On the F plan, do realize the big slide is on the passenger side, so you will have to duck to get into those bins more than you would on another floor plan with the big slide on the drivers side. With that said, I know several people with F floorplans that love it!
Geaux Saints!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a Tiffin Phaeton and am much happier with my Entegra Aspire. Drives better, much quieter, more comfortable.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:56 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I had a Tiffin Bus 45LP.

I think both are comparable, but I do believe the Entegra is better insulated and much quieter going down the road.

But if I was faced with a decision to buy a Tiffin or Entegra, I think I would opt for the Entegra. (Assuming I found one with the right floor plan. 44F for us).

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachedTiger View Post
Recently retired.....

We have found a 2020 Anthem 44 that is incredible.....

As a Saints fan, it helps that this coach's colors match the Saints

Thank you!
Retirement …. smirement. It's your money go for it. If you don't like this one you can always go up to a Prevost.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:44 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We have owned 6 Entegras the best RV for the money,, but for the most enjoyable experience with sales and service, go with NIRVC. Then check out AIMCLUB.ORG. We go a lots of places and have lots of FUN.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:15 AM   #9

I’ve owned both Tiffin and Entegra. Entegra build is much superior to Tiffin. Tiffin uses a bonded sidewall set in place on the floor and held with screws. Entegra uses a hung wall which means its open when hung and can be better insulated and bolted down to the frame. Tiffin sets all their walls and cabinets on top of the tiled floors creating squeaks and movement. Entegra mounts everything to the floor and tiles around it.
Tiffin coaches are pretty and they utilize space well, but that’s pretty much where they end.
Oh yeah they have Bob Tiffin, a great guy.
For Entegra we have Joyce Skinner a great lady.
We also have NIRVC in Atl, Dallas, Phx and Las a great dealer.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:42 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for all of the input. It really helps to hear from Entegra owners. As I looked at the board, many are on their 2nd or 3rd Entegra. That says a lot. Angie with NIRVC also sent me an incredible video of the 2020 Anthem.
BeachedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:44 AM   #11

We are sitting in our 2020 Anthem 44B in the delivery bay at NIRVC Atlanta right now on New Years Day with our 2015 Anthem next to us so we can cross-deck our stuff while the staff is on holiday. The folks here are great and very accommodating. Our new Anthem needed only a few minor adjustments at the PDI yesterday after coming out of Middlebury factory less than two weeks ago.
Our 2015 was still running great —we just wanted new shiny wheels to go back to full-timing! I even remarked several times to my wife as we drove to Atlanta from Naples that the coach was so quiet we must be nuts to trade it. Turns out the 2020 Anthem is even smoother and quieter with the bigger front end and tires.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachedTiger View Post
Thank you for all of the input. It really helps to hear from Entegra owners. As I looked at the board, many are on their 2nd or 3rd Entegra. That says a lot. Angie with NIRVC also sent me an incredible video of the 2020 Anthem.
Watching the video now. Did I hear Angie correctly that the wheels are now made by Alcoa and "no longer need to be polished'? If so that would indicate they are clear coated. That would be awesome!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:06 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
We are sitting in our 2020 Anthem 44B in the delivery bay at NIRVC Atlanta right now on New Years Day with our 2015 Anthem next to us so we can cross-deck our stuff while the staff is on holiday. The folks here are great and very accommodating. Our new Anthem needed only a few minor adjustments at the PDI yesterday after coming out of Middlebury factory less than two weeks ago.
Our 2015 was still running great —we just wanted new shiny wheels to go back to full-timing! I even remarked several times to my wife as we drove to Atlanta from Naples that the coach was so quiet we must be nuts to trade it. Turns out the 2020 Anthem is even smoother and quieter with the bigger front end and tires.
I think we saw your 44B sitting next to our 44W in the delivery bay. I assume you got a Tango exterior. We picked ours up on 12/28. We had a 2012 Anthem 42RBQ that I thought drove exceptionally well. However, the 2020 drove even better than the 2012 with the bigger tires and EZ Steer. We drove it about 450 miles home, to Florida, the following day. We also had a few small issues, but were handled quickly by the NIRVC staff.

Sorry we missed you....we are going to the Tampa Show with AIM, so maybe we see you there.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
I think we saw your 44B sitting next to our 44W in the delivery bay. I assume you got a Tango exterior. We picked ours up on 12/28. We had a 2012 Anthem 42RBQ that I thought drove exceptionally well. However, the 2020 drove even better than the 2012 with the bigger tires and EZ Steer. We drove it about 450 miles home, to Florida, the following day. We also had a few small issues, but were handled quickly by the NIRVC staff.

Sorry we missed you....we are going to the Tampa Show with AIM, so maybe we see you there.
Yes, Dr. Q, that was us and our Tango Anthem. I was focused on LSU game on 12/28 sorry we missed you. We will be at Tampa show parked with ECOA group. See you there! Geaux Tigers and Geaux Saints!
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, entegra