Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Control module

Has anyone had any problems with the control module or had one replaced
rkurlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
What control module, what year coach and what model Entegra?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Anthem
The one that controls the engine starting lights windshield wipers coming on Horn Honking
rkurlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #4

If you are talking about the Spartan control module that is mounted under the bus on the left front.....yes.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/driv...ic-310025.html

I finally took the coach to Spartan to have them trouble shoot the problem so in case the new SCM did not solve the problem I would have some recourse. If I just bought the new SCM for $1k and it did not solve the problem I would be stuck with it. Spartan did offer me their usual reduced "rally" price for the new PCM which helped quite a bit. It did solve the problem and the lights now work correctly. I had been trying to trouble shoot the problem for over a year so I bit the bullet and paid for them to replace it out of frustration. If I had it to do over again I would probably just run a separate wire harness for the driving/fog lights and leave the SCM alone. But, I was also worried that if the SCM portion that controlled the fog lights had failed another control circuit may be on the way out and a new SCM would probsbly be more reliable...??

There are MANY functions controlled by the SCM so if it is defective it could be a big problem. I still feel a bit "used" by Spartan even though the part was out of warranty I do not think the lights worked correctly during the warranty period but no one noticed......JMHO.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Al, nice to know what finally fixed the fog lights. If it is that module, the OP is hopefully still under the 3 year Spartan warranty.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
WS Washers did not work on first trip. No power to washer Motor. I thought it was a 25 cent fuse but couldn't find it. Had Spartan recall and talked them into checking it out. Turned out to be control module Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1795.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	172833. Good engineering. Rather than a 25 cent fuse it was a $xxx module.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The SCM is fitted with self-resetting fuses (breakers) built right into the circuitry. If any of the functions fail it's a chip issue and unfortunately the entire module needs to be replaced. When you have one module control multiple functions, because they interact with each other it's nice but when one portion fails you do have to replace the entire module unfortunately.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Couldn't have explained it better! At least it was covered under warranty. Thought folks might want to see what they were looking for when some odd function quits working. It is mounted on firewall on drivers side and has no serviceable parts.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote