Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Coolant Leak or Coolant Drip?

I had a sporadic coolant leak in the area of the radiator last year. I took it to a Cummins Service Center in Flagstaff. They tightened the infamous hose clamps and added 5 gallons of coolant.

The leak has returned, sort of. I had a 3" puddle in the same area a couple times on our recent trip. Like most, I couldn't see fluid in my sight glass so decided to take apart, clean it then add coolant. I found Final Charge at the second Walmart I went to and bought 4 gallons, hoping it would be enough. When I removed the sight glass the hole dribbled coolant. Put it back together and filled it with coolant. It took about a pint! Now I have 3 3/4 gallons of coolant for the next leak or another camper in need!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, if you know of someone that has a radiator pressure pump, some auto parts stores use to lend them out. You can pump pressure to the system for the PSI that is listed on the cap and check everything with a flashlight without the engine running to see if you can locate the leak. Or bring it by the hanger, I have a tester
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Chuck: Hanger? No wonder you do all the climbing around and research. Impressive!

If you don't mind, where is the hangar.

Kerry (flew commercially for Canadian clients in SW Fla.) or" drove the plane"!
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I rent space in a hanger in a private air park called Pine Shadows in N. Ft. Myers. I have been there for 12 years and the facility is fantastic. Two security gates to get in and a 24/7 on site care taker/security that lives in an apartment connected to the hanger. Water, electric and air for my air tools or tires. It's my "man cave" and I didn't have build it.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Looked online at homes, hangars and aircraft based there. It is a very smart way of doing business (charter) while keeping overhead low. Plus building equity in the residences, and for tax purposes leasing aircraft back to yourself. Life is good!!
Old 04-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Looked online at homes, hangars and aircraft based there. It is a very smart way of doing business (charter) while keeping overhead low. Plus building equity in the residences, and for tax purposes leasing aircraft back to yourself. Life is good!!
There is a charter Cessna Citation owner there that has a hanger full of nice planes. He is also an instructor, Cessna 152, and just bought a chopper. I stopped and shared in the cutting of the shirt tail of a 16 year old girl that just soloed. The family had a big party on the driveway. Nice way to run a business out of your home Being an ex-pilot, (182) I really enjoy being in the community there.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Being a pilot is like being a Marine or Eagle Scout; there is no such thing as an "ex."
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Being a pilot is like being a Marine or Eagle Scout; there is no such thing as an "ex."
Accorded to the DW I am now She won't set foot in a small plane or I would have another one tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that Chuck. Did she ever try it? I have converted several non flyers who ended up loving it after their first flight. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Accorded to the DW I am now She won't set foot in a small plane or I would have another one tomorrow.
Me too! I've been associated with aircraft my whole working career from USAF, to TWA, to Fedex and I gave it up for motor homing. Brilliant move huh. Oh well you can see more from the ground!! Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Same here, DW wants no small planes or motorcycle, that is how I ended up with the Entegra.

(Vance, hope you find the source of the small leak)
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #12

I soloed on my 16th birthday. My Dad flew his Cessna 310 until he was about 80.
DW's aversion to small planes also has me an Entegra ground-pounder.
Ex-USAF Flight Surgeon (F-16/F-15).
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
You can always spot an aviator/pilot. When an aircraft is taking off or flying low (into Page Field), he or she stops everything and stares at the aircraft.

By my estimate, there are several hundred aircraft drivers scattered throughout IRV2.
Cat320 flew Chinooks in support of the 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam during the "lots of shooting" period of time....."And young once".
Old 04-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #14

Add me to the list of recovering aviators. 56 knots on airway 95 is about it these days.
Rick_NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak