Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cornerstone

Greetings cornerstone owners,

I am looking at purchasing a used cornerstone 45K, are there any owners out there with this floor plan? what are the pros and cons of this floor plan?

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Suzzanne
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #2

I have one, it is Topaz Exterior with and Mocha Interior great wood work and every option Entegra offered with dinette in four chairs not a both. and we love it. going to Perry to look at the new 2020
Old 02-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Not with the floor plan, but check to see if the radiator has been replaced. The 14's had faulty radiators. You want the replacement after 11/16, the radiators replaced prior to that date were also defective.
Also the Aqua Hot motors have been updated the Buhler motors The GRi's 105's recalled and replaced with 108's are also problematic.

Inside on the 14's no really know problems Many have updated the factory Samsung confection oven to something better. The microwave part worked fine, but the confection would not bake at an even temperature. Samsung would not stand behind them saying they "averaged" out temp wise. 450* on one side 125* on the other so the average temp was 275* Everything was burnt on one side and raw on the other.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Two questions/observations:

1. Do you care that the washer/dryer is in the kitchen? They appear to be close enough to the front that noise may be a problem when your’e watching TV.
2. Do you watch a lot of TV? The placement of the main TV is at a right angle to the seating and further away then is good for optimum viewing.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I did not realize that the washer and dryer are close to the kitchen, I am not a fan of where the main TV is. I also have the opportunity to purchase a 2014 Mountain Aire 4361.

Thank you for all the comments. I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Can you respond to the other comments i.e. microwave/convection oven, the main tv location, the washer dryer situation etc.

thank you
Old 02-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had the RBQ with the W&D next to the kitchen and it didn't bother us It was like that in our last 2 coaches . The Entegra W&D much quieter than our previous coach. I guess it is what some are use to.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 15 with the 45K floor plan. The washer and dryer is across from the half bath, not in the kitchen. Not an issue with noise and it allows for a full width rear closet. This is the second DP I have had with this floor plan and what you get is every seat can watch the TV. Great for sporting event gatherings..
passman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2017 Cornerstone45K and we love our floor plan. Personally, if I was buying another Entegra today, I would look for a used 2017. There were substantial upgrades over the previous years. Unfortunately Entegra was sold shortly thereafter, and the 2018 and newer coaches have less “finishing touches” than the previous five-plus years, and the lack of QC during construction became even more evident. Not trying to offend newer CS owners, It’s just my opinion.
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #10
FLT826MBR man

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
Greetings cornerstone owners,

I am looking at purchasing a used cornerstone 45K, are there any owners out there with this floor plan? what are the pros and cons of this floor plan?

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Suzzanne
Copy of letter outlining some of the issues we had with our 2014 45K Cornerstone.

Check very carefully before you buy IMHO>

August 2, 2017
Ms. Joyce Skinner
Director of Customer Service
903 South Main
P. O. Box 460
Middlebury, IN 46540
Dear Joyce:
This is a partial list of problems we have had with our 2014 Entegra Cornerstone s/n 4VZVU1EC077997. There are probably more that we can’t recall right now.

• Generator won’t run. This is the third time in to Onan for repair. How many repairs before a new generator is warranted?
• Original steps just fell apart. New “improved” steps will not work properly if there is any dust on them. Since campgrounds are always dusty, they seldom open properly until we jump down and spray lubricant on them. Is there a new “more improved” step available? More powerful motor?
• The dash a/c fan makes a horrible squealing noise and must be replaced. We are told this will cost over $1,000, as the entire dash must be removed to access the fan.
• Bad squeak somewhere around passenger seat.
• Ignition switch loosened and just turned with the key.
• Number 1 A/C failed and had to be replaced.
• Front door lock mechanism failed and we had to repair with Jacob’s several-hour help on the phone.
• Original GPS unit failed and had to be replaced, which we paid for.
• Replacement GPS unit still often experiences “fatal error” and must be rebooted-usually at the most critical time possible.
• It seems every time we extend the slides we find yet another screw on the floor. We have quite a collection now.
• We are still finding other construction debris.
• Rear camera failed and was replaced under warranty with one with seemingly considerably lower resolution.
• Some wiring in the driver’s side control panel incorrectly done.
• Passenger side window came unglued from its mechanism.
• Horribly uncomfortable driver and passenger seats. You replaced. We paid for the driver’s; you paid for the passenger’s.
• Multitude of recalls. All require us to drive up to 150 miles round-trip to get corrected. At 7MPG and $3.00 diesel, they add up.
• Dishwasher works only sporadically. Often have to cycle the kitchen breaker to get it to work.
• Latch holding kitchen table in place broke. Have it duct-taped in place.
• Baggage doors opened while driving having to replace two that became damaged. Finally Paul Conley adjusted so they would stay closed. Should never have left the factory until properly adjusted.
• Roof still leaks and we have had it inspected and supposedly fixed many times.
• Water pump failed.
• Transfer switch failed.
• If water coming in is over 35# PSI, the fresh water tank fills when the valve is closed. Valve has been replaced once already.
• Slide gaskets come loose when operating slides. They end up hanging either outside or inside the coach. The material cost is almost incidental, but, we have been quoted $1,500.00 + for labor to correct these. We don’t think this is acceptable on a three year-old coach. Any help from Entegra?
• The ½ bath toilet will not operate the flushing mechanism. Now unusable.
• Battery isolation manager failed so chassis batteries did not charge. Replaced chassis batteries unnecessarily.
• A 12 Volt system solenoid failed.
• Radiator failed and was replaced by Spartan.
• Aqua Hot pumps failed.
• Extremely harsh ride over tar strips and bridge abutments. Tire PSI is set according to Michelin’s specifications.

We understand that many of these items were corrected either with recalls or under warranty, but others were not. Are we unreasonable to think that this list of failures is unacceptable? We understand that many of these are “vendor” items but some one made the decision to use these vendors so the ultimate responsibility is on Entegra.

These problems would have been entirely intolerable except for the great support you and your team have provided to us. Thank you for that.

Sincerely,

Second steps failed also after we wrote the letter. Last straw was broken ceiling mirror while fixing roof leak. "Part no longer available from Entegra." Replacement radiator also failed. Labor to replace was on our dime.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you so much...

Did you buy this new or used?

Suzzanne
Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #12
FLT826MBR man

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
Thank you so much...

Did you buy this new or used?

Suzzanne
New.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #13

Cornerstone

To add to this subject.... as one who has owned several other motor homes including a Monaco dynasty I would say even with these items that are being pointed out ... a entegra cornerstone is leaps and bounds ahead of any in its class..
These coaches may have some shake down issues ( some more than others) but I assure you the quality and the great build is there...jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I contacted Spartan and there was no record of the radiator being replaced and I have no idea about the Aqua Hot

Thank you for your feedback