Originally Posted by sdesha
Greetings cornerstone owners,
I am looking at purchasing a used cornerstone 45K, are there any owners out there with this floor plan? what are the pros and cons of this floor plan?
Any information would be great.
Copy of letter outlining some of the issues we had with our 2014 45K Cornerstone.
Check very carefully before you buy IMHO>
August 2, 2017
Ms. Joyce Skinner
Director of Customer Service
903 South Main
P. O. Box 460
Middlebury, IN 46540
This is a partial list of problems we have had with our 2014 Entegra Cornerstone s/n 4VZVU1EC077997. There are probably more that we can’t recall right now.
• Generator won’t run. This is the third time in to Onan for repair. How many repairs before a new generator is warranted?
• Original steps just fell apart. New “improved” steps will not work properly if there is any dust on them. Since campgrounds are always dusty, they seldom open properly until we jump down and spray lubricant on them. Is there a new “more improved” step available? More powerful motor?
• The dash a/c fan makes a horrible squealing noise and must be replaced. We are told this will cost over $1,000, as the entire dash must be removed to access the fan.
• Bad squeak somewhere around passenger seat.
• Ignition switch loosened and just turned with the key.
• Number 1 A/C failed and had to be replaced.
• Front door lock mechanism failed and we had to repair with Jacob’s several-hour help on the phone.
• Original GPS unit failed and had to be replaced, which we paid for.
• Replacement GPS unit still often experiences “fatal error” and must be rebooted-usually at the most critical time possible.
• It seems every time we extend the slides we find yet another screw on the floor. We have quite a collection now.
• We are still finding other construction debris.
• Rear camera failed and was replaced under warranty with one with seemingly considerably lower resolution.
• Some wiring in the driver’s side control panel incorrectly done.
• Passenger side window came unglued from its mechanism.
• Horribly uncomfortable driver and passenger seats. You replaced. We paid for the driver’s; you paid for the passenger’s.
• Multitude of recalls. All require us to drive up to 150 miles round-trip to get corrected. At 7MPG and $3.00 diesel, they add up.
• Dishwasher works only sporadically. Often have to cycle the kitchen breaker to get it to work.
• Latch holding kitchen table in place broke. Have it duct-taped in place.
• Baggage doors opened while driving having to replace two that became damaged. Finally Paul Conley adjusted so they would stay closed. Should never have left the factory until properly adjusted.
• Roof still leaks and we have had it inspected and supposedly fixed many times.
• Water pump failed.
• Transfer switch failed.
• If water coming in is over 35# PSI, the fresh water tank fills when the valve is closed. Valve has been replaced once already.
• Slide gaskets come loose when operating slides. They end up hanging either outside or inside the coach. The material cost is almost incidental, but, we have been quoted $1,500.00 + for labor to correct these. We don’t think this is acceptable on a three year-old coach. Any help from Entegra?
• The ½ bath toilet will not operate the flushing mechanism. Now unusable.
• Battery isolation manager failed so chassis batteries did not charge. Replaced chassis batteries unnecessarily.
• A 12 Volt system solenoid failed.
• Radiator failed and was replaced by Spartan.
• Aqua Hot pumps failed.
• Extremely harsh ride over tar strips and bridge abutments. Tire PSI is set according to Michelin’s specifications.
We understand that many of these items were corrected either with recalls or under warranty, but others were not. Are we unreasonable to think that this list of failures is unacceptable? We understand that many of these are “vendor” items but some one made the decision to use these vendors so the ultimate responsibility is on Entegra.
These problems would have been entirely intolerable except for the great support you and your team have provided to us. Thank you for that.
Second steps failed also after we wrote the letter. Last straw was broken ceiling mirror while fixing roof leak. "Part no longer available from Entegra." Replacement radiator also failed. Labor to replace was on our dime.