Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2021, 05:59 AM   #1

Cornerstone Booth Dinette VS Dinette Table & Chairs

Which option did you pick? With the table/chair option, the table seems weak and not very sturdy. We've not yet been able to see or sit at a dinette booth. Is the booth table the same as with the table and chairs setup? Or is it a more sturdy design?
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2021, 06:22 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
In the 19 we had with the table and chairs, but did not like the chairs ans didn't own the coach long enough to change them. In the 21 we ordered the booth, very comfortable, but the table is about 1/2 size. DW is not happy with that at all. Making the booth seats comfortable on the 21, they sacrificed table size that we were not aware of. We had the booth in our 14 and really liked it, but the table was full size.

On 3 Entegras, we have not had a problem with the sturdiness of the table, but we are past the age of dancing on tables.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:33 AM   #3

Table and chairs for us. DW thinks the booth is cozy, but I prefer the ease of getting in/out of the chairs and being able to move them around. Not crazy about the lack of firmness in the chair padding but that, or the chairs can be replaced. I also like the extra drawers for small stuff. Best to sit in both versions if you can to help decide.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:35 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Table and chairs for us. DW thinks the booth is cozy, but I prefer the ease of getting in/out of the chairs and being able to move them around. Not crazy about the lack of firmness in the chair padding but that, or the chairs can be replaced. I also like the extra drawers for small stuff. Best to sit in both versions if you can to help decide.
My feelings too. I like the drawers and cabinet that come with the table and the ability to move the chairs around. Wouldn't want a booth for these reasons. I don't know if current models are the same, but the table in our 2013 is plenty strong and sturdy as long as you don't sit on it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:02 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Table and chairs. The current models have swivel seats which makes it easier. Table not only pulls out but also has extendable leaf that makes it bigger. Not meant to be sat on or used for heavy machinery. No problems with any of 3 Entegras I’ve experienced.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cornerstone Booth Dinette VS Dinette Table & Chairs

Booth or chairs is a personal choice and one that can be easily answered. Which do you prefer? When you go to a restaurant, table or booth. When you are at home, do you spend much time at the kitchen table or immediately head for the more comfortable seating.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #7

I am 5'9" and weigh 215. We have found that the booths in Entegra coaches are pretty snug for me and I don't enjoy getting in or out of them, particularly if I need to be in the "back". If you weigh 150#, then it is probably right for you. Also consider if everyone you invite over for dinner or lunch is also 150#. If so, a booth is probably a good choice, although regardless of my weight, I would find the booth to take up too much space in the coach and be too confining.

I would definitely recommend spending some time sitting at each and imagining how you plan to eat and socialize. For us the booth just did not make much sense. We have visited other owners with booths and we did not like the set up or the arrangement, and therefore decided to go with the dinette. Now, the chairs in our coach where not great and we have intended to replace them but after three years, they are still there and we are still sitting in them.... maybe we will get around to it soon.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We opted for table & chairs. We use the credenza drawers with cutting boards for our lap tops cuz the table (and I believe the booth table) is too high. I too don't care for the chairs, but many have changed them. The table is sturdy enough, but will never seat four no matter how many folding chairs Entegra provides.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We had table and chairs in our ‘14 Anthem 42DEQ and didn’t care for it. Seating on the refrigerator side was very tight, even for my slim wife. You had to be careful to not get the chair legs in the slide seam. We could seat 3 for a meal with the table pulled out, one on each side and one on the end.

We opted for the booth in our ‘18 Cornerstone 45Y. To us it is roomy and comfortable, not at all like booths we have seen in years past. The table will slide out 4-6”, my wife and 3 of my grandkids could eat at it, if I was on one side I would be alone. (Drinks for 9, dinner for 2, sleeps 2.)

It is a matter of personal preference, I agree with others on this thread, find each in a coach and sit at it before you decide. The table and chairs option offers more storage, a couple drawers plus a cabinet below and a wider credenza-type shelf below the window.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #10

Booth just for the extra sleeping options, especially if you have kids.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #11

We went table and chairs for a couple reasons. One main reason was that with the booth, the sub woofer for the LR TV sound system is under the bed. I mean really guys? You couldn't come up with a better placement? In our Y, with table and chairs, it's in the cabinet under the table, in front of you where it should be.

Anyway we had a booth in the anthem. I liked that about the same as this. The chairs are comfortable, but not as comfy as the booth. The table option adds a shelf under the window too. That's great for condiments and such. I would buy the chair option again
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:43 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I love the booth, very comfy, but I would opt for the table and chairs (which we have now). Love the extra storage, the printer shelf and the additional counter under the window. We replaced the chairs with smaller, much more comfortable ones and can seat four with the folding chairs. Seating four with the booth was a little too cozy for comfort.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #13

I could be wrong but extendable leaf is only available on the “F”. When our stand alone table self destructed Entegra sent me a schematic that included measurements and dimensions for both the stand alone table and the booth table. IIRCC the booth table was slightly smaller. If I can put my hands on the schematic I’ll post it. The tech who repaired the table stated it was not secured to the frame properly by the factory. NIRVC Las Vegas repaired the table and now it is solid as a rock. I’ve had both but I much prefer the stand alone configuration especially with the swivel chairs. I miss the storage under the booths but the extra cabinets and drawers more than make up for it.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
We went table and chairs for a couple reasons. One main reason was that with the booth, the sub woofer for the LR TV sound system is under the bed. I mean really guys? You couldn't come up with a better placement? In our Y, with table and chairs, it's in the cabinet under the table, in front of you where it should be.
Bruce, the "better placement" of the subwoofer that came in our 2018 Cornerstone 45B is a storage closet inside our house.

We have the table & chairs setup. As you indicated, the subwoofer in that configuration was originally located in a floor-level cabinet under the table. Since neither Amy nor I care about having a theater or concert hall experience in the motorhome, the subwoofer got taken out & stored. And the cabinet where it was is now now used for additional storage.

Not intending to imply anyone else should do what we did; just reporting it for what it may be worth.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air