Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cornerstone Driver's Window Shade

Our 2022 Cornerstone driver's shade began dropping down out of the top mounting bracket. It's still attached at the rear. Can't seem to figure out how to reattach it towards the front. Very tight and hard to get to.
rdorough is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Change screw to #10 wood screws with square centers, Use a long #2 square bit or a 6 inch extension to reach the screws. The screw pull out as Entegra uses sheet metal screw instead of wood screws, Sheet metal screws are sharp and cut the wood where they are to be mounted.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 11:59 AM   #3

Yep.... just the next larger diameter "wood" screw should be able to get it back where it belongs. This has happened for years.... My guess is that the installer "stripped" out the screw hole by not stopping the drill bit early enough. Usually just a larger screw size fixes it.

Now, that and a whole bunch of other screws are in positions that only a double jointed carnival show person is probably able to contort their body into so as to hit the hole where it needs to belong..... Not easy, but Chuck is giving you most of what you need to know.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The screws are not the problem. The shade has dropped out of its bracket in the front. Still attached at the rear. Can’t figure out how to get it reattached in the front.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My 17’s front drivers side shade dropped down because of the screws. I had to use larger screws.

I have not had any issues with the shade not staying in the bracket. Anything to do with the drivers side front shade makes me a little nervous because of the risk of blocking your view while driving.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:16 PM   #6

the new brackets somehow pop in, but I am not sure how. When I say Pop I mean you put the back slot in and then push up on the front part of the shade.

See the pictures below. One of the clips is correctly positioned and the other one is not. These are the rear part of the shade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3594.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	363541
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3593.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	363542
Old 04-25-2022, 06:23 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Van, thank you for posting a picture of the problem on the newer coaches. Sometimes with so many different changes over the years, a photo is worth a thousand words. I am still thinking the mounting screws that were the problem on the Classics. I was not aware of this situation, thank you for teaching me something new about my coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:23 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the pics. That is exactly my problem. The rollers are out of the brackets. I think the shades might need to be taken out of their roller ends to get the mount up in the bracket. But not sure how to take the shade out of the roller ends--especially since they are electric. We will be in Dallas in May but I would like to get this fixed before then. Thanks for all the advice.

Rob
Old 02-15-2023, 06:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdorough View Post
Thanks for the pics. That is exactly my problem. The rollers are out of the brackets. I think the shades might need to be taken out of their roller ends to get the mount up in the bracket. But not sure how to take the shade out of the roller ends--especially since they are electric. We will be in Dallas in May but I would like to get this fixed before then. Thanks for all the advice.

Rob
Looks like I have similar problem on shade on living room window of our 23 Anthem. Any suggestions on how to pop the bracket back into holder? Not much room to access, at least with my fat fingers.

Thanks in advance
Papa Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 07:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Brad View Post
Looks like I have similar problem on shade on living room window of our 23 Anthem. Any suggestions on how to pop the bracket back into holder? Not much room to access, at least with my fat fingers.

Thanks in advance
What you’re not seeing in Vans picture is the other side of the clip. It’s more of a thumb clip for lack of a better word. What you have to do is release it, by pushing it down and then slip the pictured side into the clip and then push hard to snap the rear in. Hope that makes sense.
JimJ
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:50 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - If you take the aluminum bar and place one side into the hooked side of the clip and then either push the other side into the spring clip or you can use a long straight blade screwdriver to gently press the tab out while pushing the bar into place. It is spring loaded and may take some pressure but do not bend the clip. You will feel the bar when it clips into place.

Tom
Old 02-16-2023, 06:46 AM   #12

Jim, Tom,

Thanks for responses. You confirmed my thoughts on how it had to go back together.

My challenge is the space available to get my hand on the aluminum bar on the shade to push it into the bracket/clip. Might try the screwdriver to open the bottom of clip while trying to reinstall.

Thanks again for the information.

Brad
Papa Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:16 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Brad,
Good luck getting it back in. I never could get it to click back in. When the whole bracket finally fell out, NIRVC put it back with extra screws.

Rob Dorough
2022 Cornerstone 45Z
2023 F150 toad

Tags
driver, wind, window