Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #1

Cornerstone TVs and Internet

Good morning, looking for some advice on our smart TVs and internet in our 2019 cornerstone. We purchased it about 5 months ago and really haven’t figured out or dialed in the TVs and/or internet. We have Samsung smart TVs, one in bedroom won’t connect to internet for some reason and on the internet side of things really confused. We have a pepwave router and also the winegaurd box and satellite as well. We also take our Verizon jet pack with us as well. Based on this info what do you suggest for a solid easy setup for trouble free TV and internet? We can also order a direct TV subscription if that makes thing easier.
solarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Different year hence different Vega Touch, but the TVs are probably the same or similar. To stream, one must have WiFi. Hit menu on the remote then Network then Status. If the TV sees your WiFi source hook it up. Then with your source as TV, hit the colorful center button on the remote and then select Netflix/Pimevideo etc along the bottom. Each site will ask for your subscription info and you should be off and running. Sites not on the menu (a la Disney+) can be accessed with the search function. IM(not so)HO, don't go to DirecTV. Many of us have abandoned them for DishNetwork. Hope this helps; I'm sure there are others on the forum who might 'splain it better than I did.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:38 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
When I had the 19 using the Prepwave, I was limited on my hotspot which was the Mobley to 5 connection. I had all of the smart TV's connected to the Prepwave as the TV wifi network. The prepwave was the only thing connected to my hotspot, in your case the Jet Pack.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #4

To me, a satellite subscription is mandatory. You will read guys who say they stream everything, but I have tried that and I dont think that streaming is ready for prime time.

Now, you need to be aware (maybe you already are) but the 2019 Cornerstones have a piece of electronic gear called a Matrix which is located behind the refrigerator/freezer in the basement and operated by (supposedly, but mine virtually NEVER works) a remote control in the coach. The matrix switched the television signal around the various televisions. If you know about the matrix, then OK, but a lot of people dont know its there.

Now, I rarely watch tv on anything other than the main Tv above the fireplace, and so I rarely need to arm wrestle with the matrix, but if you want to actually watch those other TVs, then you connect the source (sat or cable) to the television by moving the matrix switch to that television.

You can see the unit in the basement and you will see it has the various televisions there with a switch that can manually turn each channel on or off and switch between channels. I have found that it is easier to climb into the basement and switch the matrix manually than it is to get it to change with the remote.

Entegra finally moved the matrix switch up into the cabin so that I think that the remote moves better on newer models than our 19s....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:41 PM   #5

I simply have the mobile Mobley device that I pack around to several things I own.. including my anthem.. I plug it in when I am in my coach to the wall and my smart tv then searches for WiFi and then my Mobley comes up as then I sign in with my password and wam... I have Netflix and all the streaming channels I am signed up with.. and once you’re tv is signed into the first time it always remembers your device... works great. I just don’t know why you really need anything more.. the jet-pack and or whatever Mobil WiFi device works the same way .. going on 5 years this way
And still working for my in coach WiFi system
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use WiFi from my jet pack, or phones, or tablets. Basically anything that will generate WiFi via hot spot features. The connectivity varies based on your service provider, coverage, wireless plan, etc....

We use TV over the air antenna and sometime campground cable as well.

For the internet to the TVs you just go through the menu and connect to the WiFi. Then the smart TV apps work like they would in a home. For our primary living room TV in the motorhome we also use an Apple TV on WiFi. I prefer that interface over the samsung smart TV.

I do not use any Entegra provided routers for TV watching and I have not needed satellite. But our coach is a 2017.

I will admit I have not spent a lot of time in the wilderness camping.

We also have a stash of DVDs, download Netflix and amazon to my ipad in advance, and have a hard drive full of movies in case we do not have connectivity. This is rare but happened in the upper peninsula of watch things in that case.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
To me, a satellite subscription is mandatory. You will read guys who say they stream everything, but I have tried that and I dont think that streaming is ready for prime time.

Now, you need to be aware (maybe you already are) but the 2019 Cornerstones have a piece of electronic gear called a Matrix which is located behind the refrigerator/freezer in the basement and operated by (supposedly, but mine virtually NEVER works) a remote control in the coach. The matrix switched the television signal around the various televisions. If you know about the matrix, then OK, but a lot of people dont know its there.

Now, I rarely watch tv on anything other than the main Tv above the fireplace, and so I rarely need to arm wrestle with the matrix, but if you want to actually watch those other TVs, then you connect the source (sat or cable) to the television by moving the matrix switch to that television.

You can see the unit in the basement and you will see it has the various televisions there with a switch that can manually turn each channel on or off and switch between channels. I have found that it is easier to climb into the basement and switch the matrix manually than it is to get it to change with the remote.

Entegra finally moved the matrix switch up into the cabin so that I think that the remote moves better on newer models than our 19s....

Gary
Thank you. I have heard of that but never actually knew what the matrix did. I will look into this.
solarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:22 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
Thank you. I have heard of that but never actually knew what the matrix did. I will look into this.
Here's a good place to start: Entegra Matrix Help.pdf

Pretty much everything you need to know about your Matrix.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #9

Solarguy

I thought you might not have tried to deal with the Matrix yet ....

You can easily see the matrix by sticking your hear in the first movable tray on the passenger side and looking behind the faux panel immediately behind the refrig/freezer..... you will see a remarkable display of LEDs.,,,,,

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Stu. Wow, that doc you linked to IMHO makes the Matrix way more complicated than necessary. Before retiring one of my responsibilities was designing new television station studios. One of the core components was a “Routing Switcher”. That’s a device that accepts all the video/audio/data sources (cameras, DVRs, remote feeds, etc) and send them to various destinations. The biggest one I ever designed was 256 inputs X 196 outputs.
The Matrix is the same thing on a small scale. It is just a 4 input X 4 output HDMI routing switcher. Just pick the device you want to watch and select the source you want to watch it on.
My Matrix is in the cabinet over the main tv and is easily accessible. There’s a remote but I typically don’t use it. My 4 sources are: Directv1, Directv2, Xite and DVD. The destinations are Main TV, Front TV, Bedroom TV and Exterior TV. I agree that putting the Matrix hidden in the basement and depending on a remote (and a poorly designed one at that) is as boneheaded an idea as putting tire pressure sensors inside the tires. What were they thinking?
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internet