Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2021, 07:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I believe I have a 4008. If I have to get a new pump I will get the 4048. The weather has been unpleasant the past two days so I have not messed with the pump. I am going to try to get my current pump going but I think I will need a new one.

The pump looks hard to get at. But thankfully Amazon sells the 4048 with 2 day shipping.
Be aware that the 4048 is a bit larger than your present pump and might need to be relocated a bit to fit. Also, make sure you leave room to insert the short end of an Allen wrench on the pump to adjust the bypass pressure and the shutoff pressure.
It's a great pump with great pressure and flow rate. Mine came set at 64psi when it's supposed to be set at a max of 55psi. The water out of my Oxygenics shower head almost hurts and you can use water a lot faster than you're used to.[emoji16]
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Be aware that the 4048 is a bit larger than your present pump and might need to be relocated a bit to fit. Also, make sure you leave room to insert the short end of an Allen wrench on the pump to adjust the bypass pressure and the shutoff pressure.
It's a great pump with great pressure and flow rate. Mine came set at 64psi when it's supposed to be set at a max of 55psi. The water out of my Oxygenics shower head almost hurts and you can use water a lot faster than you're used to.[emoji16]
[emoji40]
On the Entegras both model pumps fit in the same locations, but good advise. Earlier coaches had the 4008, later coaches were upgraded to the 4048. The Cornerstones had the 4048, but the Anthem had the 4008. Both models the pump are interchangeable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #17

it's still hard to reach.
I relocated mine to the center of the wetbay, right behind the white panel.

Also, the 4048 is rated at considerably more amperage than the 4008.
4008 was 10 amps, 4048 is 15.
In our Aspire, the pump is powered through the seelevel system and the breaker in the G4 panel is 7 amps.
Mine would not run a 4048, blowing the breaker constantly. I ended wiring in a relay, and pulling power off the macerator.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Update on this issue.

The problem was the pump. I ordered new one from Amazon. Finally had a nice day and some free time to change it out. It was a pain to get to but after getting the old pump out I move the electrical connector and filter over to the new pump then reinstalled.

It self primed in less than a minute after turning it on.

Working fine. Given we just use the pump to flush toilets and wash our hands between campgrounds they should last longer. Hopefully the new one will.

Thanks to all who provided the guidance.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:31 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Hal, not using and lack of use is harder on stuff than using it, I use my water pump all the time and the tank autofill to keep the tank fresh with new water.......

Tags
pump, water, water pump