Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
This is the system I bought:

http://www.windshieldrepairkits.com/Pro_kit.html

Of course it's not just for the MoHo. I know it's cheaper to have someone else do the repair but I've got 18 trucks on these crazy roads and the down time while waiting for a chip repair means they don't get fixed. This way I keep it handy and it literally takes maybe 15-20 minutes per chip.

I've never seen anyone use any type of vacuum other than the vacuum the injector can pull as you press the acrylic into the glass and then pull it back and forth for better penetration.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
With 18 trucks you were smart to have your own repair kit. The vacume I was referring to may be the same thing you are taking about. All I know is the windshield guys put a suction cup type thing to the windshield and turned a pump of some kind on. It may have been doing the injection that you are referring to.

I didn't see where my little Loctite kit could do a professional job as all it would do is fill the crack and then how good? I chickened out using it and left the chips to pro machines like you have.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
Curt, thanks for your timely post. As luck would have it, while traveling E/B I -90 near Missoula, a fellow RV'r passed me in a 45 MPH construction zone!! You guessed it, showered the front end of the coach with gravel and chipped the windshield!! There is a reason the orange signs say SLOW CONSTRUCTION ZONE.. I'm not a happy camper... Oh well, such as traveling goes..

Danny,

Glad you are ok and your coach did not sustain major damage in the situation.

Agree -- when ever I see ca precautionary road sign posted I am on alert.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
Curt, thanks for your timely post. As luck would have it, while traveling E/B I -90 near Missoula, a fellow RV'r passed me in a 45 MPH construction zone!! You guessed it, showered the front end of the coach with gravel and chipped the windshield!! There is a reason the orange signs say SLOW CONSTRUCTION ZONE.. I'm not a happy camper... Oh well, such as traveling goes..
Danny, as nice as you keep your mh I'm sure you aren't happy. Same thing happened to us except it was a car passing. Ours was on a new chip and seal road with signs that plainly said SAVE WINDSHIELDS speed limit 40 mph. People get in an automobile and they think they are 10ft. tall and bullet proof. Since you were a State Trooper I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #33

Noel, yes like you & others on the forum, we do take pride in our Entegra.. Your comments relative to cars being 10' tall is spot on.. Just like your experience with the 18 wheeler cutting you off & slamming on the brakes! Where is the State Trooper when you need one? As to construction zones or other warning signs, they are there for the motorists safety, as well as the construction workers. Every year many workers are killed in the work zones, because drivers don't obey the warning. Enough of my rambling, I will close with, I'm sorry I wasn't there for my friend Noel in the "old black& white" to say hi to that trucker!!
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
We had one last Thursday just outside of Billings, MT....it was a bigun' ...Pulled in to Flying J at the next exit. Took about 3 hours to connect and get chip repaired, and it's barely noticeable, by Safelite. Was pretty p#%$ed but satisfied with the outcome.

One would not want to put a lot of miles on the rig before the repair. There's a lot of stress on the windshield that COULD cause the chip to become a crack.

Just happened to talk to Bob Gross, an ECOA member, who was telling me about an application that he had done to his windshield on an older coach that made the surface of the glass harder and absolutely smoother. He couldn't recall the name of the treatment or the company that did it. He said that rocks just bounced off and rain wouldn't cloud his vision....it just ran right off!

Does anyone have information about this?

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #35

[QUOTE=wmpbauer;2209108]We had one last Thursday just outside of Billings, MT....it was a bigun' ...Pulled in to Flying J at the next exit. Took about 3 hours to connect and get chip repaired, and it's barely noticeable, by Safelite. Was pretty p#%$ed but satisfied with the outcome.

One would not want to put a lot of miles on the rig before the repair. There's a lot of stress on the windshield that COULD cause the chip to become a crack.

Just happened to talk to Bob Gross, an ECOA member, who was telling me about an application that he had done to his windshield on an older coach that made the surface of the glass harder and absolutely smoother. He couldn't recall the name of the treatment or the company that did it. He said that rocks just bounced off and rain wouldn't cloud his vision....it just ran right off!

Does anyone have information about this?

Wmpbauer[/QUOTE
Pat, it's called crystal fusion. I used it on a previous vehicle. I wouldn't guarantee you would never have a chip, but did have a few rocks hit the previous vehicle with no chips. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote