RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cracked Floor Tile(s)

Just purchased a 2019 CS Model B with only 4200 miles from a previous owner. This would be my third Entegra and second CS so I was fairly confident that I was capable of spotting any issues prior to the purchase....I was wrong. During my initial walk through, all four slides were extended with some throw rugs placed conveniently over the floor hiding a broken tile. I was not able to drive the coach at the time because of issues with the DEF system (since fixed by NIRV/Phoenix). When I returned a week later to drive the coach the slides were fully retracted covering the broken tile. With everything looking good I went ahead with the purchase and now I am stuck with the broken tile problem.
I have been working with NIRV to correct the issue. What I am finding out is the broken tile (now two tiles) have been a chronic problem with this coach having been replaced twice before. NIRV and Entegra are slowly getting to the point where a series of metal braces under the subfloor will have to be fabricated and installed to give the subfloor a stronger base to accept the super slide weight. This is all being done under warranty even though the coach is past its two year warranty period. Thank you Entegra. After talking at length with the NIRV shop manager yesterday, I get the feeling that both Entegra and NIRV are not really sure if this fix will work. If it doesn't then this whole issue could get very messy, but I'm more than willing to see if the braces work.
My question is to any 2019 CS B owners...have there been any broken tile issues in your coaches particularly under the large slide on the PS? If so, how did you address them with your dealer/Entegra. Was the issue fixed and how was the fix done?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
LarryLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don't have a CS, but my '19 Reatta had a broken tile when we bought it new. It's held up since being replaced, though.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had a 19 Cornerstone B with about the same miles with no cracking of the tile when we traded for the 21. There have not been any posts that I have seen with other 19's having tile problems.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
2019 Anthem 44B had a ‘drifting’ jack, about 3/4” every 2 weeks. It took a while to identify and characterize it. Can’t say for sure but my guess is a delta, caused by ‘drift’ of an inch or greater of any one jack from its level position twists the frame enough that it could cause cracks in some tile. Once I identified the ‘drift’ I would re-level every 2 weeks. With the help of Equalizer finally identified one of the manifold valves had a leak, replaced it two weeks ago and all is good, so far. Our cracked tile were mid-ship between the 1/2 bath and kitchen sink. A sure sign of a twisted frame is mis-alignment of the paint lines on cargo bay doors.
Lasmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I don’t have a B but I do have a 19 and yes I have cracked tile that was replaced and cracked again. But not that badly and only I really notice it so I’m not too worried about it. I think it’s more a function of larger tiles and the nature of regular occurring earthquakes!
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasmck View Post
2019 Anthem 44B had a ‘drifting’ jack, about 3/4” every 2 weeks. It took a while to identify and characterize it. Can’t say for sure but my guess is a delta, caused by ‘drift’ of an inch or greater of any one jack from its level position twists the frame enough that it could cause cracks in some tile. Once I identified the ‘drift’ I would re-level every 2 weeks. With the help of Equalizer finally identified one of the manifold valves had a leak, replaced it two weeks ago and all is good, so far. Our cracked tile were mid-ship between the 1/2 bath and kitchen sink. A sure sign of a twisted frame is mis-alignment of the paint lines on cargo bay doors.
This is a good point. Our coach had a leaking hydraulic fitting at the driver's side rear jack. The tile that cracked is exactly where I would expect the frame to twist from that jack gradually slipping. It was right next to the bunks, opposite and just slightly ahead of the 1/2 bath. Right about the same place as you got yours, in other words.

It took close to 6 months to get a replacement tile, so the jack was repaired months before the tile was fixed. Which might explain why the problem never recurred.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:15 AM   #7

My coach is a 19 Cornerstone "B" and I have not had any problem with cracked tiles in a little less than 40,000 miles. I have never had anyone tell me that there was a problem in 19s with weak reinforcing frame and the need to add additional support to the frame. I have some doubts with that story. I might be wrong, but the "B" model has been around for a long time, and there are a bunch of those "B"s out there (it is the most popular floor plan) and I have not heard of many problems of this type and I've been on this forum for 6 or 7 years now.

As suggested by another poster, I would wonder if the real problem is that your coach is twisting and torqueing (sp?) your frame too much. Also, do you deploy the slides the right way (?) (always be at ride height before you move any slide..... this is the opposite of what almost all other manufacturers recommend). I don't think your frame is any less study than mine.... but I wonder if maybe the previous owner or you make the mistake of letting your jacks automatically level your coach. In both of my coaches, the automatic leveling system has been terrible. In my Anthem, I could not get the main door open when the coach got done "self-leveling".... the frame was torqued so badly. Now I never let the coach do that work itself..... I always do it manually so I can use my brain in the process. I have had the Equalizer adjusted and reprogrammed multiple times, but it never works well, sometimes worse than others... sometimes just terrible.

Just something to think about

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the input.

Gary,
Like you, I did not rely on the auto function to level my previous Anthem and CS for the same reason you explained. I agree with your assessment that maybe the previous owner did not know how to use the system. It's hard to imagine that this particular coach has a defect that others of the same model year do not. Thanks for your reply.
Larry
LarryLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:10 PM   #9

Our's is an aspire 44B, a 2017. It has 2 cracked tiles in the kitchen. so far i've been able to ignore them

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #10

Seriously consider any cracked tile might be the result of dropping something onto the floor.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #11

I don't have any cracked tile but a friend of mine has a 19 Anthem that had a bunch of broken tiles. They found that the floor wasn't screwed down correctly before the tile were installed.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I don't have any cracked tile but a friend of mine has a 19 Anthem that had a bunch of broken tiles. They found that the floor wasn't screwed down correctly before the tile were installed.
geez, don't like hearing that
Old 01-26-2021, 06:32 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had four cracked tiles on my '18. None of them were due to having dropped something onto them.

One of them occurred as I was standing a couple of tiles away. We had parked, put the slide out and auto-leveled. The site was quite level so the auto-level did little more than putting the jacks down far enough to contact. DW & I were texting an acquaintance to arrange a rendezvous when we heard a reasonable loud POP! Loud enough and close enough to locate the cracked tile in front of the fireplace.

Not sure when the others cracked, but I discovered them during a thorough inspection in anticipation of our factory AIR. All tiles replaced during the AIR and, so far, no more cracked tile.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-26-2021, 08:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLS View Post
This is all being done under warranty even though the coach is past its two year warranty period. Thank you Entegra.
Count your blessings! Your very lucky that Entegra is covering this under warranty, for a coach that is out of warranty, they don’t tend to do this! Especially since your the second owner of the coach no matter what the previous history of the coach. Your very lucky and I’d take total advantage of it.....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor