Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Cruzer's New 45A

Finally, everything has come together and I get to change my signature.

I've been impressed with the way Entegra coaches were built ever since I first visited the plant in 2010. My biggest hangup was the floorplans, which have gradually gotten better over the years. This last year has been particularly impressive with the massive strides Entegra has made towards extreme quality control. Now, the last piece of the puzzle is in place and I'm jumping in to fulfill a long dream that Leann and I have had.

We have on order a 2016 Cornerstone 45A.

Yes, you heard correct, it's a 45A floorplan. It's a version of one or two floorplans that I had submitted to Entegra a year or two back. I've worked with them and given them ideas and working with their design team we came up with this final version. In the process I found out that there are a lot of factors that affect what you can and cannot do. It's a pretty comprehensive process taking what looks like a good idea on paper and making it work. Fortunately, Entegra has great people in place to make this all happen. Working with them was a real joy. There talent is matched only by their exuberance in getting every detail perfect and I can see that they really enjoy their work. I have to believe that this is what makes the difference and helps make Entegra stand apart. I'm reminded of something that Derald Bontrager once told me. He stated "While we build a product, what we tell our people is what we really are building is an avenue for people to fulfill their lifelong dreams." He hit the nail on the head with that because we aren't just buying a motorhome. We've done that before but this coach really is a lifelong dream for us and we've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Floorplan choices are always highly subjective, due to everyone's own ideas of what the perfect floorplan is but this one is perfect for us. It puts together all of the features that we've liked in the many floorplans that we've seen over the years and puts them all together in one place.

In another 3 months we'll be picking it up at Youngblood's RV. We were blessed with an excellent dealer for our last two coaches at King's Campers in Wausau, WI. But unfortunately Kings is a Tiffin dealer and doesn't handle Entegra so we needed to find another dealer. It was actually harder to leave them than it was Tiffin but Roger Youngblood's operation is also a stellar operation and I prefer to patronize those dealers who set the standard rather than jump to the largest box shop with low prices and minimal support. In actuality I've found that the large superdealers don't always have better pricing than the smaller service-oriented dealers anyway.

So, we are riding high in seventh heaven right now and can't wait for the next 3 months to go by.

I've attached a copy of the 45A floorplan to this post. This floorplan will be also available as the 44A in the Anthem in late September.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 45A.PDF (454.4 KB, 1517 views)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Wow! I'm speechless! I never thought I'd see that day that you had something other than a Tiffin! Best wishes! What an awesome experience that has to be!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Mark, awesome looking floor plan. I know you have worked hard on it and you deserve to have the best.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Great floor plan Cruzer, it surely must have been a labor of love for you. No doubt it will provide years of enjoyment knowing you were an integral part of the design process.

Couldn't agree more on your choice of dealers. Roger and his staff provided us with a truly enjoyable buying experience.
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #5

Nice floor plan but if there are no other major 2016 changes (besides front and rear caps) I am still happy with the 2015 45b we have on order.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #6

Congrats Mark! What colors and leathers did you get? I know you will enjoy it.👍😎🚌🚓
Old 03-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Nice floor plan but if there are no other major 2016 changes (besides front and rear caps) I am still happy with the 2015 45b we have on order.
If you like the 45B I certainly wouldn't change it. That was very close to what we were looking for. The 2016s will cost more and the 2015s are an awesome coach as well so I sure don't see the need to change.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Congrats Mark! What colors and leathers did you get? I know you will enjoy it.��������
Topaz exterior. The first time we saw that on a 2015 it really hit us. With all of the coach exteriors I've seen there are quite a few that are "okay" and a small percentage that are really nice looking (fortunately Entegra has a lot of home runs in that area). Every now and then you see on standout design that is jaw dropping. All of the 2015s Cornerstones are amazing but when we saw our first Topaz, that was the jaw dropper for us. Then again, we've always had black Suburbans, Jeeps and I order black trucks at work so I guess I'm not just too biased.

Mocha leather interior. Not too light and not too dark and has a nice western look.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
If you like the 45B I certainly wouldn't change it. That was very close to what we were looking for. The 2016s will cost more and the 2015s are an awesome coach as well so I sure don't see the need to change.
Thanks I was hesitant because of posible changes but one of your coments in an earlier thread helped , hope we meet some day
Tom
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats Mark! DEQ on steroids!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Thanks I was hesitant because of posible changes but one of your coments in an earlier thread helped , hope we meet some day
Tom
In every year there will be changes. That's a given. Sometimes they are nicer but sometimes you like last year's version better. That's just the way it goes. But, unless you are holding out for a different floorplan I wouldn't see holding off. You will get better resale value by holding off and getting a year newer coach but you'll also pay more up front so I don't see that as a positive or negative. My reasons for waiting would either be because I don't like the 2015s (which is not the case because they are great) or because it's the floorplan (which was the case).
Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Mark! I'm sure you can hardly wait. Nice looking floorplan And welcome to the Entegra family!
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
For you to leave Tiffin and buy Entegra speaks volumes Cruzer. To have you onboard as a owner just confirms to me that Entegra was the right choice. Thanks for your contribution and knowledge that you share on the forum. It is surely to help many make the right decision in choosing Entegra.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Probably part of everyones dream to design the home they live in.

The curb side dinette is very intersting and on the correct side. Who wants to watch the neighbours while eating?

Looking forward to pictures when it is delivered.