Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2022, 06:29 AM   #1

CS roof space for solar

I have solar modules that are 41.50" X 68.875" in size I'll want to install on a CS when we get one. Anyone have an idea how many of these could fit on a 2020 to 2022 CS roof? By "fit" I mean attached to the roof, not a raised above components racking system. Covering plumbing vents, ok, but not the AC units.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2022, 07:21 AM   #2

4 panels usually. But you could possibly add 2 more depending on configuration.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
4 panels usually. But you could possibly add 2 more depending on configuration.
Thanks Bobby. When you say depending on configuration, do you mean floor plan or?
Old 06-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #4

Depending on what options you get on the coach. Like the hd satellite. It takes up a lot of space. And depending how you lay out your panels.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
Depending on what options you get on the coach. Like the hd satellite. It takes up a lot of space. And depending how you lay out your panels.
Sounds good...I have (6) 345W modules to use. Thanks again for your advise.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:23 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
CS roof space for solar

I have 10 405 watt panels on the roof of my Anthem and one more 405 watt on my outdoor kitchen. It is better to cover the AC units as it keeps the direct sun off the roof and off the AC units.

My panels are 1 1/2” above the AC units but I can quickly tilt them for more airflow to the units.

My last set of panels were flat mounted 3” above the AC units and never had an issue

I would suggest on your panels to hug the rail on the drivers side that will give you plenty of walking room on the passenger side of the roof.

[ATTACH]
[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	682.6 KB
ID:	368163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	633.9 KB
ID:	368164  

Old 06-14-2022, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post
I have 10 405 watt panels on the roof of my Anthem and one more 405 watt on my outdoor kitchen. It is better to cover the AC units as it keeps the direct sun off the roof and off the AC units.

My panels are 1 1/2” above the AC units but I can quickly tilt them for more airflow to the units.

My last set of panels were flat mounted 3” above the AC units and never had an issue

I would suggest on your panels to hug the rail on the drivers side that will give you plenty of walking room on the passenger side of the roof.

[ATTACH]
[ATTACH]
The ultimate RV array. Half cell Bi-facial modules as well. Once we get a feel for how much boondocking we'll be doing...let me clarify...how much boondocking the wife will allow, this setup could come into play. I did read your post about this in the Lithium battery thread...very impressive.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #8

Phil has more solar on his roof than anyone else I've seen, but I think you've gotta be a confirmed off the grid kind of person and happy in off the grid sort of locations to make all of that worth the expense. I hate $150 a night accommodations, but I do get water and sewer included. Phil had further mods to his truck to deal with all of that (fuel, black, gray).... that is a lot to deal with!

I am fully impressed with what Phil has done with solar. I've thought about it and have just concluded that we are probably not people that are off the grid for long periods of time people. There are times we are, but there are times we want to be crammed in between a bunch of other coaches and people .. ........... Very confusing for us, but I love someone is leading the way for the rest of us and the industry.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:57 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That is a real nice looking solar setup. Impressive. About what does something that nice cost?

I have no solar. I did not even get the little cheesy solar setup when we ordered the coach.

We have yet to stay off grid. The most I have done is spend the night in a rest area without being plugged up.

I have used my auto start on my generator but even that has only come on during testing.

Some day I am going to venture out. For now I look for the best campground I can find near where I am going.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
That is a real nice looking solar setup. Impressive. About what does something that nice cost?

I have no solar. I did not even get the little cheesy solar setup when we ordered the coach.

We have yet to stay off grid. The most I have done is spend the night in a rest area without being plugged up.

I have used my auto start on my generator but even that has only come on during testing.

Some day I am going to venture out. For now I look for the best campground I can find near where I am going.

The panels were actually cheap. They are Canadian Solar Panels and when tilted they charge from
Both sides of the panels. You could put a whole array up for about $10,000 including the solar chargers, wire and aluminum frame work. I built mine when sitting in Quartzsite, AZ and they are on actuators so I can press a button and tilt them to 45 degrees which helps in the winter time.

The cost does not include the lithium batteries that will really help when boondocking. We try and stay out of the parks and love finding remote off the beaten path places to camp. We currently have (4) 300 amp hour LiFeBlue lithium batteries and will be adding 2 more before March of 2023.

I hope this answers your questions

Tags
ace, roof, solar